Just got Magical Express stuff in the mail!

DznyLvr2005

DIS Veteran
:banana: :banana: I just got my Magical Express stuff in the mail!
I looked at everything and I'm curious why in the green mickey shape on the yellow ticket, why does it say AK? It doesn't mean Animal Kingdom, I know that. Just wondering what it means. Thanks for any info.

Yeah! I love when the stuff arrives. Your trip is closer. Yes, AK means animal kingdom. If it is wrong you can call and get new tags or use a black marker.

Good luck.

It designates the 'area' you are in. POP, CSR are both considered AK area resorts. We stopped at CSR, the AKL, before we went on to POP in May.

Ours say AK as well. We are staying at the POP. Did you get luggage tags as well?

ceecee said:
Ours say AK as well. We are staying at the POP. Did you get luggage tags as well?

Yes we got those too.
The tags say Coronado Springs. That's wierd that the other piece of paper said AK, I guess it makes sense, it's the 'area' that we're going to. 37 days left! YEAH! :cool1:
Or maybe they will upgrade us to the AK since it's our 1st wedding anniversary! :rotfl: j/k Just dreaming :tinker:

As previously explained, it indicates the "area" your resort is in.

Pop Century and CSR are "Animal Kingom area" resorts, just like Wilderness Lodge and the Poly are "Magic Kingdom area" resorts.

It all has to do with how they sort the luggage for delivery. Does that make sense?

I want my stuf too I only have 28 days left. I guess your stuff comes quicker when you book with disney I used AAA. :)

We received the yellow ME tags last week but have yet to receive the other packet from Disney (with Planet Hollywood vouchers, regular luggage tags, etc.)

We got our ME tags last week, and our final itinerary from Disney yesterday, with our luggage tags etc.

Only 24 days and I can hardly wait. My ME tags say AK as well as DH and I are staying at CSR which is in the area of the Animal Kingdom.

:hourglass We are getting closer!!

I got our tags yesterday! It is very exciting - and it offers a great excuse to start packing! Actually, once I go back to work, I'll be able to pack my summer clothes right into my suitcase for our long weekend in the 'World.'

Cannot wait!!!

Snork said:
I am a little jealous... We always book with our travel agent, and we never get our tags until about 2 weeks before we leave. :furious:

I condiser myself my own travel agent, because I've been to DW so many times, I don't need anyone to book for me :)

BTW- Like your signature. I only wish that I (the disney Freak!) could get my DH as excited as you've become. I try, and he likes DW, but doesn't love it like me!

"AK" on the yellow luggage tags means that the luggage will go onto the truck that serves at Animal Kingdom area resorts, such as the All Stars.

"DD" on the yellow luggage tags means that the luggage will go onto the truck that serves at Downtown Disney area resorts, such as OKW and SSR.

There are other two-letter codes for other areas.

The two-letter codes on the Mickey head shape provide quick visual identification when the luggage is sorted at the airport. The barcodes are scanned for tracking.

The two-letter codes do not have any direct relationship to how motorcoaches are routed.

Denise Thies said:
I want my stuf too I only have 28 days left. I guess your stuff comes quicker when you book with disney I used AAA. :)

Unfortunatly, DME sends the luggage tags to the TA first, who, in turn, has to send them to the guest/client. That's why those who use TAs get their packets later than those who book with no TA.

Threeriversdisneyfan said:
I'm sure you were trying to help, Threeriversdisneyfan, but the Intercot site is COMPLETELY WRONG about the so-called DME routes.

COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THEM.

What is likely is that the chart should be labeled that those are not bus routes but luggage zones, for the luggage delivery trucks. MAYBE. Hence the two letter codes for theme park zones on the DME luggage tags. Another possibility is I vaguely recall this chart coming out before the actual launch of DME last May, and Disney may have re-thought the system before DME actually started. I usd DME on May 8, 2005, 4 days after it started, and my bus did not follow the chart in terms of where we stopped, coming or going.

BUT THERE ARE DEFINITELY NO DME BUS ROUTES. PERIOD.

Resorts are grouped together on DME buses in a completely dynamic, fluid, and efficient manner, depending upon current and expected need. For example, if you arrive at MCO at 10:00 a.m. today and are staying at CBR, you might be on a bus with guests staying at AKL and ASMu. But someone also staying at CBR who arrives at MCO today at Noon might be on a DME bus with guests headed for POFQ and POR. And at 1:00 p.m. CBR guests might be on a bus with people headed for Pop and WL.

don't be too jealous I booked with disney and leave in 39 days and I don't have mine yet either. Soon I hope I look in the mail everyday can't wait...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts