Just got back from our first stay at Coronado Springs! ADDED PICS

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Trinity721, May 1, 2005.

1. Trinity721

Trinity721 <font color=navy>Proud Navy wife<br><font color=de

and we LOVED it!!! It was DH, myself, DBIL and DD2yrs. We had a great time. Our room was in Cabanas 8B, which I thought was perfect b/c it was close to the dig site, not too far from El Centro, and right next to Bus Stop #4. We arrived on Tuesday and had planned on relaxing that day, hanging out at the pool and whatnot. But it was raining pretty bad so we weren't able to do very much at all. We ended up eating at Pepper Market. The next two days, we did AK, MGM and Epcot. Our stay was only supposed to last until Friday but after doing the parks Wednesday and Thursday we were just so exhausted. So DH and I decided to add an extra day! We spent all day Friday swimming in the pool. DD loved the Dig Site, it was actually her first time at a pool. DH and DBIL rented the Searacer boats for a half hour, and they enjoyed that. We ate at Maya Grill which was DELICIOUS. Probably one of the best meals we've ever had at WDW. I was really sad when we had to check out on Friday before going to MK. :guilty:

This is only our second onsite stay, we stayed at CR garden wing before. I would definitely stay there again. DH said the same, although he said he'd like to try another resort just to see if it compares. But me, I'm sold! I'm definitely a CSR fan :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 2MuchOhana

2MuchOhana <font color=darkcoral>Need to figure that one out

Glad you had a better experience than we did! We just returned home yesterday; and in our opinion Coronado Springs was the WORST Disney resort we have ever stayed at!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish eveyone else a better experience than what we had! For us there was no Disney Magic to be had at this resort.

Jodi and Greg

4. Steffi

Steffi <font color=magenta>McDonald's isn't my friend<br>

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I love CSR, too, just about everything about the place appeals to me.

It sounds like you & your family had a fantastic time...now it's time to start planning your next trip! ;)

5. cindyfan

cindyfan DIS Veteran

We have stayed at CSR 3 times.......and I still say it is my favorite. :goodvibes
    We stayed once in Cabanas and twice in Casitas. We are going back there in June and hope to stay in Ranchos as long as it is close to the quiet pool.
    When we were in Casitas...it was a long walk to the Dig site, but I am not all that thrilled with the Dig Site....always just too crowded there!
    So we always hang out at the quiet pools where it is always peaceful.

DD and I love renting the bikes for an hour or so.
    We love the Pepper Market too. Never tried Maya Grill...but might this time!

I also think they have one of the better gift shops of all the values or moderates.

We also used the Salon one day.....got our nails done. :goodvibes

We've never had any problems there!

6. mamalle

mamalle DIS Veteran

so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay the the CSR. its definitely is a resort for families! we are sold on it. everybody and everything has always been pleasant during our stays there. :cool1:

7. Trinity721

Trinity721 <font color=navy>Proud Navy wife<br><font color=de

Just thought I'd post a few pictures to give a visual :sunny:

Lago Dorado at dusk.
    [​IMG]

On our way to El Centro
    [​IMG]

DD Trinity at the beach by Cabanas.
    [​IMG]

8. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Glad to hear you had a great vacation and enjoyed CSR. Great photos!

9. Mom Of 2 Girls

Mom Of 2 Girls Mouseketeer

So glad your family had a great vacation! Thanks for sharing your photos. :flower:

10. Deborah_Mary

Deborah_Mary Re: WDW... Been there, done that - and DEFINITELY

Wow, thanks for sharing such great family pics of your stay at CSR! CSR is on our MUST stay at resort list and hopefully we'll get to for next year's trip. This year (we leave in just 2 weeks) we will be stopping by there to check it out to see how we like it. I've heard mostly all good/awesome things about it and it has peeked dh's and my curiousity. :-)

Beautiful family by the way. :-)

Deb*

11. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

We stayed there back in December of '03 and loved it. Wish when we were there that it had been warm enough to use the pool - looked like fun.

12. duck_adoo

duck_adoo Mouseketeer

Hi,
    We stayed at CSR our first visit and loved it too! Our dd's loved the pool. Those are beautiful pictures!! I can almost feel the disney magic! only 97 more days for us!

13. tubachick

tubachick DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Official DIS "good

I am glad you had a good time at CSR. We are planning on staying there for our FEB trip and it will be our 1st MOD Resort. Thanks for the Pics too!! :flower:

14. babybunrab

babybunrab DIS Veteran

You all are a lovely looking family! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and sorry that the other family didn't. DS and I will be there in August and I can't wait! Thanks for the pictures.

15. dolphin01

dolphin01 Mouseketeer

Sounds like you enjoyed CSR. Glad to hear it. We will be there this summer.

16. grumpyandbashful

grumpyandbashful DIS Veteran

Our family also loves CSR! The pool is awesome, landscaping beautiful! We also prefer Cabanas for location and "beachy" feeling. CSR is the only moderate for us, but to each his or her own.

17. epcotfan

epcotfan http://youtube.com/wdwchannel1

Great pics! What a lovely family you have :) Glad you enjoyed your stay!

18. hugsquared

hugsquared <font color=purple>W. makes my liver quiver<font c

:hyper: :hyper: You are all making me so excited I can hardly stand it. We are heading out in 4 months to CSR and have heard so many wonderful things. I've stayed at CBR and POR but DH thought CSR look nice. I had never really paid much attention to it. Then I got to looking thru Buzz's site and thought "sure, we'll try it". Now I'm ready to explode with anticipation. Only 137 more days... :banana: :banana: :banana:

19. deejohn

deejohn WDW is my Prozac

Thanks for the posting and pictures. Glad you had a nice time. We are going in Dec '05 with our own 2 year old. This will be her first time at WDW!!!

20. deejohn

deejohn WDW is my Prozac

Thanks for the posting and pictures. Glad you had a nice time. We are going in Dec '05 with our own 2 year old. This will be her first time at WDW!!!

Is there a place to mirowave popcorn or other quick late night snakes?

21. Mickeysooner

Mickeysooner (^._.^)---o

I'm glad that you and your family had a great stay. We will be staying there in 2 weeks and I can't wait. The resort looks fantastic. :banana: