Just got back from our first cruise, wanted to share some pics!

Angrypenguin

Disney n00b!
Hey everyone!:wave2:

My wife and I just got back from our first cruise, a 4-night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream and we had a phenomenal time. Just wanted to post some pics so I can relive what a great trip it was!

IMG_8636 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

IMG_8663 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

IMG_8594 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

IMG_8629 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

IMG_8559 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

IMG_8739 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

IMG_8453 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

IMG_8642 by kevinkyen, on Flickr

You can really see the storm coming that morning we were at Castaway Cay.

Very nice pics! Did the storm hit while you were at Castaway Cay?

Sayhello

sayhello said:
Very nice pics! Did the storm hit while you were at Castaway Cay?

Sayhello

Yup, sure did :(. It rained hard on us for about an hour in the morning, and they cancelled all the excursions and activities that morning. But after lunch it really cleared up and was beautiful

Yup, sure did :(. It rained hard on us for about an hour in the morning, and they cancelled all the excursions and activities that morning. But after lunch it really cleared up and was beautiful

So did they have lunch on the island or did they keep everything on the ship?

Another thumbs up on your pics!

jdb in AZ said:
So did they have lunch on the island or did they keep everything on the ship?

Another thumbs up on your pics!

Thanks for the comments!

It started to lighten to on/off drizzles around 10:15, so they had lunch on the island. During the thick of the storm, I overheard a cast member saying they weren't letting anyone off the ship. All of us who had disembarked earlier were hiding under overhangs and covered picnic areas

Those were some great photos. I thought the storm clouds were awesome. At least it didn't storm while you were sailing.

Great photos! Those look like the exact same clouds that moved in while running the Castaway Cay 5k on 10/2/2012. It came down sideways and I literally could not see where I was going. Drenched. Was happy to see the sun come out at around 2:30. What a great cruise! :)

Great photos! Those look like the exact same clouds that moved in while running the Castaway Cay 5k on 10/2/2012. It came down sideways and I literally could not see where I was going. Drenched. Was happy to see the sun come out at around 2:30. What a great cruise! :)

We must've been on the same cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter