Just got back ... any ?

alleluia5

Is that the cruise ship horn I hear??
:wave2: Hi there! Just got back from an AMAZING trip - we did the land and sea and then an additional 2 nights at AK. This was definitely our best trip ever. The first night at WDW was very chilly - in the 40's! :rolleyes: But by the time we left it was back to normal in the 70's.

We got very, very lucky with the first part of our stay at BC before the cruise - our room was very far from the lobby but you walked right down the stairs and only minutes from Epcot - even better we stood on our balcony and had prime seating for the fireworks - an unexpected surprise! :wizard:

The cruise was wonderful - first night very rocky though - it was pretty windy and you couldn't walk without going sideways - quite a few folks were getting a little nauseous. Amazing thing was the juggler (the first night's show) did a great job!

Anyways - just wanted to see if anyone had any questions about how things are there....

Oh yes, I have lots!!! Please tell me about land/sea things. How the check-in worked, etc. Did you have to settle your land charges before going to the cruise? Was there really only 1 room card for the whole time?

We are not doing DCL transfers -- getting FL Tours sedan since we want a grocery stop.

Also, how was the temp at Castaway Cay?

Glad you had a great trip, and thanks!

This was our second land/sea and we did much better this time. What we didn't realize the first time was that by having a PO Box as our mailing address they wouldn't send the luggage tags for Magical express! So this time we did it right, walked right off the plane onto the ME bus.

Once at the hotel (we did hotel then cruise) they give you the key to the world card for the entire stay. They then ask you stop by the cruise desk when you get a chance. When you do they will take a look at your cruise docs, take them from you and you are done! Checked in for the entire thing! It is wonderful because when you reach the cruise terminal you just walk right into the ship - no lines!!!

Another nice thing is that you actually have park admission for 7 days - so thats why we do the extra 2 nights afterwards - so we can use that all up. Also on the Sunday you leave for the cruise, you have a choice, you can leave from the resort at about 11:45 or leave from AK at 12:45 - so if you want you can even go to AK that day, have a character breakfast or whatever! (thats if you do their transfers - which I actually found very easy and convenient) - I know you are doing a sedan but thought I would throw that in.

Our land charges were settled when we checked out - but it was done via Express check out since we had a cc on it.

Castaway Caye was quite nice - definitely shorts weather - a little cloudy but I loved it. The water was a little chilly for dh but I think that just depends on your taste - he likes it 80 or above :p This time of year it was not crowded - in fact very nice number of people on the cruise.

Let me know what other ? you have - I am glad to help!! :sunny:

On the day you depart for the cruise did you leave from resort or AK, does it really matter? On the three night cruise do they have the pirate party?
Do you remember what time the sail away party was, just wondering when we get there from the resort if we are going to have time to go to the room first....This is my first trip so anything else you can think of please let me know we are leaving on 1-28!
Also do you have kids? I will have a 5, 6 and 7 yo with me.....Can't wait to hear from you, thanks for the tips.

Can you give me any idea about drink prices. We are deciding whether or not to bring our own wine. We also like fronzen drinks by the pool. ANy idea what they run?
Thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter