Just Engaged in Be Our Guest!

Congrats! I was engaged at the Be Our Guest restaurant on Nov. 19, the first day of official reservations. Our waitress, Katie, was AMAZING! She started crying when she was taking our picture and my fiancé was bending down on his knee to propose. The whole restaurant started clapping. It was definitely Disney perfect. I wish the best for all Disney brides and grooms in their engagements and pictures.

Wish I could get back in for engagement pictures there!! :bride:

Congratulations! That sounds so beautiful! I'd love to get some engagement pictures done, but people don't really seem to do that in the UK! I'd especially love Disney engagement pics but won't be having any more Disney trips until our wedding now :cool1:

Congratulations! We had dinner there when we were down last week, and that is a terrific location!!Did he do it during dinner or after or by the rose in the West Wing...details, we need details!!!

Brooke

Thank you so much :wave: The restaurant was so beautiful - it feels exactly like being in the movie! He proposed at dinner but we did go for a walk afterwards and saw the rose - amazing! The proposal was really sweet (and stressful for DF!) He had to carry the ring about in his bag all day - including 2 bag searches! 1 in the morning at DHS and another to get into MK for MVMCP. DF says that he had phoned Disney Floral beforehand to see what proposal things they do but he thought I'd get too embarrassed by someone coming in with a ring on a pillow!

Instead he decided to wing it on his own - he pretended to go to the restrooms and told our server that he was planning to propose between dinner and dessert. Our lovely server told him not to worry and to make sure that the camera was on the table. I had no idea, but I did see DF getting antsy about how long it was taking for the desert menu to come, which is not like him at all!

After a bit I just remember a couple of servers heading for our table, one girl picked up my camera and started taking pictures before I had even realised what was happening! :rotfl2: Everything was sort of happening at once - our server put the lovely rose plate in front of me and then DF got down on one knee... and then it's all a bit blurry!

I sat like this for a while...

P1140936_zpsfe39416c.jpg

P1140937_zps50a66f3e.jpg

DF actually had to remind me that I had to open the box - I think he was freaking out a bit by this point! Eventually I said yes and we got a round of applause from the tables around us - it was so sweet! Lots of people came over to congratulate us and shake DF's hand. I was too excited to even try to eat my cupcake after that - my heart was racing! We went around the Christmas Party in a bit of a daze after that - it took a few days for it all to sink in!

We have started planning our Disney wedding now - I am SO excited to take my family there and show them all why I love Disney so much!

Congratulations! That sounds so beautiful! I'd love to get some engagement pictures done, but people don't really seem to do that in the UK! I'd especially love Disney engagement pics but won't be having any more Disney trips until our wedding now :cool1:

Thank you so much :wave: The restaurant was so beautiful - it feels exactly like being in the movie! He proposed at dinner but we did go for a walk afterwards and saw the rose - amazing! The proposal was really sweet (and stressful for DF!) He had to carry the ring about in his bag all day - including 2 bag searches! 1 in the morning at DHS and another to get into MK for MVMCP. DF says that he had phoned Disney Floral beforehand to see what proposal things they do but he thought I'd get too embarrassed by someone coming in with a ring on a pillow!

Instead he decided to wing it on his own - he pretended to go to the restrooms and told our server that he was planning to propose between dinner and dessert. Our lovely server told him not to worry and to make sure that the camera was on the table. I had no idea, but I did see DF getting antsy about how long it was taking for the desert menu to come, which is not like him at all!

After a bit I just remember a couple of servers heading for our table, one girl picked up my camera and started taking pictures before I had even realised what was happening! :rotfl2: Everything was sort of happening at once - our server put the lovely rose plate in front of me and then DF got down on one knee... and then it's all a bit blurry!

I sat like this for a while...

P1140936_zpsfe39416c.jpg

P1140937_zps50a66f3e.jpg

DF actually had to remind me that I had to open the box - I think he was freaking out a bit by this point! Eventually I said yes and we got a round of applause from the tables around us - it was so sweet! Lots of people came over to congratulate us and shake DF's hand. I was too excited to even try to eat my cupcake after that - my heart was racing! We went around the Christmas Party in a bit of a daze after that - it took a few days for it all to sink in!

We have started planning our Disney wedding now - I am SO excited to take my family there and show them all why I love Disney so much!

OMG that is just amazing!! :hyper::hyper:

And in Be Our Guest!! Beauty and the Beast is my favourite ever Disney movie -how perfect! I want DBF to propose in front of the Castle! Fingers crossed he takes the fact that I've got a massive picture of the Cinderella Castle in my office as an indicator...:goodvibes

I remember you from the thread I started a week back - I'm the soon to be Disney bride who can't stop planning her wedding in the middle of her PhD :rotfl:

But hello fellow soon to be Yorkshire Disney bride :wave2: - I'm excited to see how you find the planning process. Have you told your families yet you're planning a Disney wedding? You're a lot more polite than me in terms of asking friends :rotfl2: I'm lucky though cause I'm such a crazy Disney freaks that most of our friends know that's what we're planning when it finally happens:blush:

OMG that is just amazing!! :hyper::hyper:

And in Be Our Guest!! Beauty and the Beast is my favourite ever Disney movie -how perfect! I want DBF to propose in front of the Castle! Fingers crossed he takes the fact that I've got a massive picture of the Cinderella Castle in my office as an indicator...:goodvibes

I remember you from the thread I started a week back - I'm the soon to be Disney bride who can't stop planning her wedding in the middle of her PhD :rotfl:

But hello fellow soon to be Yorkshire Disney bride :wave2: - I'm excited to see how you find the planning process. Have you told your families yet you're planning a Disney wedding? You're a lot more polite than me in terms of asking friends :rotfl2: I'm lucky though cause I'm such a crazy Disney freaks that most of our friends know that's what we're planning when it finally happens:blush:

Oh I'm sure he'll know how much you love the castle then! How's the PhD? Your topic sounds AMAZING! I know it must be hard work but how fantastic that you can study something you love :) How did you get on with asking friends? We had a bit of a disaster when we realised we had invited people and forgotten 2 of DF's family members who there wasn't space for :scared1: Luckily a couple of people have already said they won't make it so we should be fine!

Have just been looking at houses in Harrogate - it looks beautiful ::yes:: Will be moving at the end of March I am so excited (it helps that there are so many beautiful bridal stores there).

I really hope you get your magical proposal - keep us updated on here!

Oh I'm sure he'll know how much you love the castle then! How's the PhD? Your topic sounds AMAZING! I know it must be hard work but how fantastic that you can study something you love :) How did you get on with asking friends? We had a bit of a disaster when we realised we had invited people and forgotten 2 of DF's family members who there wasn't space for :scared1: Luckily a couple of people have already said they won't make it so we should be fine!

Have just been looking at houses in Harrogate - it looks beautiful ::yes:: Will be moving at the end of March I am so excited (it helps that there are so many beautiful bridal stores there).

I really hope you get your magical proposal - keep us updated on here!

Oh I'm sure I will!

Harrogate is gorgeous! I'm well jealous you're going to be living there! I'm about an hour away from Harrogate! There are some great wedding dress shops in Leeds :thumbsup2 and in the nearest town to me, Halifax, they even sell the Disney ones :cool1::cool1:

RE: friends, my best friend Olly and I talk about our weddings all the time - she's still waiting too ::yes:: But as soon as I said that I wanted to do it in Florida, she said her and her bf would definitely come. And luckily for me, Olly's bf is who my DBF has said he would have as his best man :thumbsup2 Then she later said that she'd brought it up with some of our other friends who were on about doing something BIG the year we all turn thirty (the year I have earmarked for our wedding) - she said Disney World and they got well excited :cheer2::cheer2: so it's gonna work out quite well I reckon :thumbsup2

Oh I'm sure I will!

Harrogate is gorgeous! I'm well jealous you're going to be living there! I'm about an hour away from Harrogate! There are some great wedding dress shops in Leeds :thumbsup2 and in the nearest town to me, Halifax, they even sell the Disney ones :cool1::cool1:

RE: friends, my best friend Olly and I talk about our weddings all the time - she's still waiting too ::yes:: But as soon as I said that I wanted to do it in Florida, she said her and her bf would definitely come. And luckily for me, Olly's bf is who my DBF has said he would have as his best man :thumbsup2 Then she later said that she'd brought it up with some of our other friends who were on about doing something BIG the year we all turn thirty (the year I have earmarked for our wedding) - she said Disney World and they got well excited :cheer2::cheer2: so it's gonna work out quite well I reckon :thumbsup2

We have just arranged to see three properties next weekend - they look fab! Have spotted one dress in Harrogate that looks lush - very fancy will have to start saving now :scared: I would love to wear a Disney dress but none of the styles are what I think I'm looking for. Guess I'll have to try some to find out :rolleyes1 Going to the wedding show at the NEC in March, just before I move up so perfect timing!

Just started my planning journal - so excited to get going with it as I've been trying to do little things now since I can't book anything officially yet :scratchin Looking forward to seeing yours (soon I hope!) as you will have all the local tips for me!

Congratulations on your engagement! Keep us posted about your excited plans =)

Thank you :yay: We are from Glasgow originally but we live in Solihull at the moment and just found out that we will be moving to Harrogate area in the next few months! Where are you?

Congrats :) I'm also from the West midlands, Wolverhampton to be exact. It's nice to have found someone on here that lives so close! Good luck with your planning. I'm currently planning my DFTW too, we're hoping for late 2015 :lovestruc

I'm from the West Midlands - telford! Although my wedding isn't Disney (apart from the cake topper) my honeymoon is! I get married on July 27th and head out to Disney on 29th! :D

Yay!! Congratulations!! I love your pictures!! We got engaged back in August and it's so cool to have the reaction pictures and to celebrate in the best place in the world! I hope you had a great time and congrats again! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!