Just Engaged in Be Our Guest!

ariel_

Mouseketeer
So excited to be joining in on these boards :)

After 8 years together my DBF surprised me by proposing on December 21st in Be Our Guest on our Christmas trip! It was super romantic and the Magic Kingdom's General Restaurant Manager came to tell us that we were the first couple to get engaged there as it had only been open a week or so - so we have our own little bit of Disney history!

Now that we are back from our trip I am thrilled to be planning a Disney Wedding for Spring/Summer 2014 so any tips from other UK brides will be much appreciated for how you got on organising your wedding from afar, and can't wait to look at lots of other weddings to get ideas :cool1:

Congratulations!! And that is sooo cool that you guys were the first engagment there! Makes is even more special (if that's possible!) ;)

Congrats!! That is so cool!!! Fellow UK bride here- you are in the right place as the people on these boards are really helpful and know sooooo much info!
Feel free to PM me if I can help with anything :)

Congratulations! And how amazing to have your own lil bit of history :)

I'm a UK bride to be (no official plans with Disney yet) but will be enquiring soon, so will be following along with you! Happy planning!

Hi everyone! Thanks :lovestruc

So excited to be planning along with you. We are just about to relocate to Yorkshire with work and as soon as work is settled we will be trying to set a date with Disney. So far I'm hoping for an Escape wedding - Sea Breeze Point and a dinner at Cali Grill would be my dream! I always thought I'd want a Wedding Pavilion wedding but SBP looks so pretty and might be better suited to my smaller group?

We were engaged in front of Cinderella Castle on my birthday, December 13! Glad to know other 'Disney' couples! Once we have his family on board, we are going to book out Disney Fairytale Wedding! We are hoping for Fall.

I'm not from the UK, but I can't wait to plan along with you!

Congratulations, sweetie, from a fellow Brit!!!
Looking forward to hearing all your plans!!!!

Congrats! We just got engaged too (on 12/8), during our WDW trip last month. We've been together 7 years :)

We were engaged in front of Cinderella Castle on my birthday, December 13! Glad to know other 'Disney' couples! Once we have his family on board, we are going to book out Disney Fairytale Wedding! We are hoping for Fall.

I'm not from the UK, but I can't wait to plan along with you!

Good luck getting your Disney wedding - we had no trouble at all, I think everyone expected us to get married there eventually!

Hi there and congrats! Where in the West Midlands are you from? I'm from there too! :)

Thank you :yay: We are from Glasgow originally but we live in Solihull at the moment and just found out that we will be moving to Harrogate area in the next few months! Where are you?

Congratulations, sweetie, from a fellow Brit!!!
Looking forward to hearing all your plans!!!!

Thanks! I'm loving you signature pics - can't wait to have my own :)

Congrats! We just got engaged too (on 12/8), during our WDW trip last month. We've been together 7 years :)

Congratulations! :cool1: Are you hoping for a Disney wedding? :rolleyes1

Wow I love that you got married on Characters in Flight - your siggy picture looks AMAZING!

Before I got engaged I wasn't that interested in weddings, but now I'm itching to get planning, a true Bridezilla! I called DFTW today to see if I could get going with anything but as it will be an Escape wedding I have to wait till May. DF and I actually quickly priced up our wedding as a Wishes just to see as we are desperate to get the ball rolling so that we can book flights :rolleyes1 It's not too huge for our budget but it would be crazy since we will struggle to make 20 guests from our family and I don't want to pressure friends into the expense of coming all the way over!

I have a feeling this will be turning into a planning journal even though I was sure I'd never manage to sit down and do one! :yay:

Congrats! I was engaged at the Be Our Guest restaurant on Nov. 19, the first day of official reservations. Our waitress, Katie, was AMAZING! She started crying when she was taking our picture and my fiancé was bending down on his knee to propose. The whole restaurant started clapping. It was definitely Disney perfect. I wish the best for all Disney brides and grooms in their engagements and pictures.

Wish I could get back in for engagement pictures there!! :bride:

Congratulations! We had dinner there when we were down last week, and that is a terrific location!!Did he do it during dinner or after or by the rose in the West Wing...details, we need details!!!

Brooke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter