Just engaged and starting to plan

islandrunner

Earning My Ears
Hello my boyfriend of 5 and 1/2 years proposed inside the front room of Cinderella's Castle on 12/12/12! It was magical and more than a dream come true.
Now I am starting to gather information about a dream wedding. I would love to get married at SeaBreeze Point. I have seen lots of wedding photos at the boardwalk and want mine there too. We stayed at the boardwalk during our engagement vacation.
I was debating on either the Escape package and the Wishes. I know one is far more expensive than the other. What is your opinion is it worth it for the Wishes? Also what is the percentage of down payment you have to give? Thank you so much in advance! :love:

The deposit for Escape is $1,000. For Wishes it is $2,000.

Most people choose between Escape and Wishes based on guest count: Escape allows only 20 people max, while Wishes has a minimum requirement of 20 people. :thumbsup2

islandrunner said:
Hello my boyfriend of 5 and 1/2 years proposed inside the front room of Cinderella's Castle on 12/12/12! It was magical and more than a dream come true.
Now I am starting to gather information about a dream wedding. I would love to get married at SeaBreeze Point. I have seen lots of wedding photos at the boardwalk and want mine there too. We stayed at the boardwalk during our engagement vacation.
I was debating on either the Escape package and the Wishes. I know one is far more expensive than the other. What is your opinion is it worth it for the Wishes? Also what is the percentage of down payment you have to give? Thank you so much in advance! :love:

Congratulations!! I think the package really depends on how many people you want at your ceremony and what kind of reception you are thinking about. Good luck, I'd be lost with my fiancée she is the planner of the family.

Congratulations on your Engagement :hug:

My husband proposed at the Wilderness Lodge and we got Married at the Wedding Pavillion :lovestruc We had an escape wedding, was perfect in every way :thumbsup2

Yeah, the difference between choosing an Escape or Wishes wedding is based on your budget, how many guests and what you want to do on the actual day. Maybe work out your budget and guest first - that's a great way to start :hippie:

Thank you again for all the congrats! Just wondering if we go ahead and plan for a wishes wedding then end up with less people than we thought. Would disney down grade us to an escape package?:confused3

islandrunner said:
Thank you again for all the congrats! Just wondering if we go ahead and plan for a wishes wedding then end up with less people than we thought. Would disney down grade us to an escape package?:confused3

Disney won't let you downgrade from what I understand, so it's better to plan on an escape wedding and upgrade to a wishes if you have enough guests.

Hi and congratulations! I am planning an Escape wedding right now as it seemed 1) more intimate and I don't have to invite all of my parent's friends, 2) less expensive because I would go crazy with $$ if I had all the choice in the world and 3) less stressful. Points #1 and #2 are debatable :-)

May2DisneyGirl said:
Hi and congratulations! I am planning an Escape wedding right now as it seemed 1) more intimate and I don't have to invite all of my parent's friends, 2) less expensive because I would go crazy with $$ if I had all the choice in the world and 3) less stressful. Points #1 and #2 are debatable :-)

That is excellent! Congratulations to you too! Thank you for the advice I would go crazy with the money too and inviting all those people you dont actually know. When is your big day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter