Just discovered my daughter is in the Memories Castle show!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Dmcuth, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Dmcuth

Dmcuth alldisneycharacters.com

What a surprise! We caught parts of the show last September, but didn't watch it the whole way through. Then last night (1/5/12) we watched the whole thing all the way through and low and behold, there was my daughter in the show! They took our YouTube "My Favorite Disney Memory" clip and put a brief clip of it in the "We're going to Disney world!" section of the Magic, Memories, and You" show. My daughter (then 6, now 15) was yelling "That was me! That was me!!!!".

We checked YouTube and confirmed it's used in every show including the one at Disneyland.

Disney had contacted us over a year ago before the memories campaign and got our permission to use the clip. They gave us a lithograph as "payment" (cheapskates!!). We thought they would use it in one of the commercials, but didn't think much about it after that. Crazy! Kinda cool. We're still here and will definitely go back now and get our own video of it.

Here's the original youtube clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FPhmezFhDI

Here's the memories show (our clip is at the 3:56 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUgeE1skTE

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

Congrats, that is great and now I can scream another "I know them, they are on the DIS" out during the Memories show. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing.

4. tanyaandallie

tanyaandallie DIS Veteran

How exciting!

5. Grumpy92

Grumpy92 DIS Veteran

THat is so cool. I always wondered if they even told you if the picture was used in the show.

6. Scubee

Scubee DIS Veteran

Awesome! I love the utube videos. I recall seeing yours when I was searching for ideas about how to surprise our boys before one of our trips.

7. mama2ethan04

mama2ethan04 Mouseketeer

That's so cool & exciting!:goodvibes

8. pilesoflaundry

pilesoflaundry <font color=green>it doesn't get scratched as ofte

:goodvibes: I wondered how they did it and how they were able to use everyone's images. I didn't realize they use the same show every night and had prior permission.

9. Dmcuth

Apparently there are new pictures added that were taken that day in the parks (I think the part at the end where the numerous pics are falling out of the castle), but then other sections, particularly the video clips, are permanent.

I wish Disney had told me it was in there. I was being used all last year without me knowing! Thank goodness they showed it twice last night (skipped the first show as it was mobbed at the hub, but empty for second showing) or might never have known!

10. Dmcuth

The show is so good,I think they would make it a permanent part of the night show.

11. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

We were "in the show" one of the days we were there in May, by way of a photopass photo. I wasn't so sure about stopping and watching, and there we were, kissing in front of the castle on the castle :cloud9: It was near the middle of the show, so I am guessing they switch up alot of those photos!

I loved the show and hope it sticks around!

12. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Considering how long your DD was in the show, feel fortunate they didn't ask for "change." :lmao:

13. bibbidibobbidibecky

bibbidibobbidibecky The Fairy Godblogger

I'm so happy you finally figured out where they used your video! I also went through all the paper work etc., got five sets of lithographs :sad2: and still don't know if they used our video and if they did where!

I feel certain it is being used somewhere b/c I have not heard of anyone who was contacted and when through all the motions who hasn't been (although possible I know). I'll have to have a really close look at the castle show; I didn't see our video at first glance. I wish they would let us know when/if our stuff is used! We were actually contacted twice (about the same video) so I know they were interested in it!

Congrats to you. I bet you were so happy when you saw it!!

14. tofubeast

tofubeast DIS Veteran

Aww what a super cool memory and then to also now have it attached to the castle show. WOW! Congrats!

15. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

Very nice, part of the magic. :cloud9:

16. goofy's_gurl

goofy's_gurl DIS Veteran

That is very neat!!!!

17. PixieDustFanatic

PixieDustFanatic Mouseketeer

That is so awesome, and your little girl is so adorable!!

18. js

js This is my Tag!

WOW! THANKS SOOOO much for posting the full video of the castle!
    With older teens I NEVER get to stay in the parks for fireworks, parades or shows any longer :confused: The lighting was fantastic!

Does anyone know if they only sent lithographs to those that submitted and had videos used? Do you think they did the same for pictures used?

A couple of years ago, I submitted a picture of my mother with a Mickey Bar (when they had that promotion or something going that showed the pictures once you submitted...I know I am not making sense) and thought there was a possibility I saw her now on the castle although I really couldn't make out all the little pictures.

Thanks so much.

19. bibbidibobbidibecky

bibbidibobbidibecky The Fairy Godblogger

I was contacted by Fishbowl media about our video and had to fill out a ton of paper work for each person featured in the video and sign our rights away, basically, to the video. They sent us a lithograph for our time in filling out and getting all the paper work back to them. My video was on Youtube and I also uploaded it to the Memories site, which is why I was contacted twice I believe.

20. js

js This is my Tag!

Thanks so much. I guess it wasn't used, which is good since we would have been sad that we haven't seen it so better it wasn't used :rotfl:

21. nannye

nannye DIS Veteran

look at different youtube videos to see if you are int there?