Just Curious....how many sailing on the 14-day w/children

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mboothby, May 10, 2004.

?

Are you sailing with or without kids on the 14 day?

1. Eastern w/kids

2. Western w/kids

3. Eastern w/o kids

4. Western w/o kids

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mboothby

Mboothby Mandiemouse

and which one are you sailing on.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thiscloud

thiscloud Mouseketeer

I hope you meant "Eastern" as in "Eastbound" not as in originating in the East, because I voted "Eastern w/Kids" and we're taking the Eastbound from CA to FL. We have a DD that'll be almost 4 at the time of the trip.

4. winnyis

winnyis <font color=teal>When angels visit us, we do not h

We are taking DD & DS with us on Eastbound.. thankfully schools here in NJ dont start until after labor day so the timing was PERFECT for us.

GInny

5. Bmwdsny

Bmwdsny <font color=purple>Mom to Tinkerbell-attitude daug

Yep same here in PA...

Going Eastbound, Bringing my DD 12 years and DS 8 years (age time of cruise) and my parents!! Got 2 staterooms across from each other!!:D

6. CoMickey

CoMickey <font color=red>Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedl

We're on the Westbound FL- CA and we are taking my 15 yo DD. She will turn 16 while on the cruise.

7. Serena6010

Serena6010 Mouseketeer

We are on the FL to CA cruise. We are taking our son who will be 5 and our daughter who will be 2. :)

8. cruisin'Mike

cruisin'Mike Be thankful that I'M not the Tag Fairy!

We're on the Eastbound also. Our kids (at sailing):

DS-8
    DS-5
    DD-5

We're also in PA, so this works well for our school as well.

Mike

9. Otisp

Otisp Welcomed Pest

EB:
    DS 9; DD 11 (ATOC)

10. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We are going Eastbound without our DD 14, even though we are keeping her on our ressie until the 60 day out mark just incase something should happen between now and then. We figured it would be easier to keep her on the ressie, than trying to have to add her on later. DD told us she really wanted to spend two or three weeks with my mom in Florida, rather than go on this 14 day cruise. We too are lucky as DD doesn't start back to school until 9-8-05.

11. Izza

Izza Mouseketeer

We're doing the Eastbound and will be taking our two boys (3 and 5).

12. invaderzim

invaderzim DIS Veteran

We're cruising Eastbound next August and are taking our DD who will be 18. She is bummed that she won't be allowed in the teen club for that cruise. They need a "hang-out" for 18, 19 and 20-year-olds!

13. dencord7

dencord7 Mouseketeer

We are on the eastbound cruise. we will be keeping our 9 yr old D out of school for the two weeks. she starts mid august but I will let the school know that she will be gone.

14. Juli

Juli Mouseketeer

We are on the Westbound. Our two younger boys will be joining us. They will both be 9 at the time of sailing. Older son, age 22, will still be at Michigan State and will hopefully be in class or gainfully employed at the time.

Our two youngest are homeschooled so while we don't have to worry about the schools schedule, we'll have lots of other things to juggle around. They have an annual Math Games tournament in May. It's usually finished by the first week of May. Let's hope that next year will be the same!

Juli

15. SandraLee

SandraLee DIS Veteran

I'm on the Westbound with my DD6 and DS9. They will miss the last 7 school days. I cannot imagine that is a big issue in the 3rd grade. His grades are set by then, and there will not be any testing going on.

Our calendar in GA always seems to run the 2nd week in August to the last week (or so) in May. I wish we had a more balanced schedule and didn't have to go back to school in the middle of the summer. It seems the people here are dead set on getting 1/2 way through the year before the Christmast break.

16. Gupsmom

Gupsmom <font color=009999>The Tag Fairy works in mysterio

We're sailing Eastbound with my parents and our 3 children.

DS (8)
    DD (turns 7 onboard)
    DD (5+)

Schools don't start here until after Labor Day. That gives us enough time to get back to Port Canaveral and spend 1 or 2 nights at WDW (to see the new things added there for the celebration!!)

Jess

17. markmyboy

markmyboy Mouseketeer

We will be on the eastbound with our 7 & 3 year olds (at time of cruise). My son will be missing the first two days of 2nd grade, which we thought would be better than him missing 2 whole weeks of first grade (right around standardized testing time!!). This will be the first time our daughter will be able to stay in the Club by herself, so we will see how that goes!! Haven't thought of this, but are the 7 year olds still in the club? or is that when they switch over to the lab??

Hmmmm....off to start my year of planning!!

18. Tinkerbel129

Tinkerbel129 DIS Veteran

invaderzim, Our son will be 18 on this cruise too! Hopefully for this long of a cruise Disney will either allow them in the teen club or be able to come up with something for them. After all they are still teens.

19. BrotherBear

BrotherBear Mouseketeer

Eastbound Trip for us!! We will be with our 3 kids,

ds 10
    dd 10
    dd 5

and my sister will be with her 3 kids,

ds 13
    ds 11
    dd 6

20. CindyKansas

CindyKansas DIS Veteran

Eastbound for us too. DD will be 16 and she will miss 2 weeks of school, since school starts in the middle of August here. We asked her if she's rather miss 2 weeks in May or 2 weeks in August and she told us that it would be easier to catch up at the beginning then at the end of the school year.

21. grlzmom

grlzmom DIS Veteran

Eastbound for us

dd15
    dd14
    dd11
    dd9
    dd4
    dd2
    ds2