Just curious.......has anyone stayed in Cat 1???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sharonRNms, Jan 1, 2002.

1. sharonRNms

sharonRNms Guest

I have seen the pictures of the suites, Roy and Walt Disney, and was wondering if anyone has stayed in one of these and their opinions about it. :bounce: :bounce:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dave_from_Marietta

Dave_from_Marietta DIS Veteran

miksicnarf had these comments about a Category 2 suite:

And CADisneygirl created a web site with photos and descriptions of their cruise in the Roy Suite (disneydreams.homestead.com/)

4. sharonRNms

sharonRNms Guest

Thanks so much Dave from Marietta!!!!:bounce: :bounce: I really appreciate the links. I especially love the pictures of the Roy Disney Suite. A couple of friends and I are considering going all out and booking one of the royals and I am getting great feed-back from those who have been. I took a DCL trip in July of 2000 in Cat 12, which was great but would like to splurge this time. My friends have never cruised before so it would really be a treat for them.

Thanks again for all your help. :sunny:

5. Michelle

Michelle <font color=darkgreen><i>"It's like Lord of the Fl

Keep in mind, Sharon, that the Cat. 1s book up FAR in advance, so if you're interested in booking don't wait too long. Enjoy! :)

6. kozmo

kozmo kozmo

I would love to do a cruise.

7. sharonRNms

sharonRNms Guest

Thanks for the info Michelle. Believe me, it will be a little while. I just returned in December from a trip to WDW. It was great!!! My daughter got proposed to on this trip. It was very special. There was 6 in our group. This is our first Christmas trip and I am spoiled now. I will never want to go back in the summer heat and crowds now. :smooth:

I was thinking along the lines of Nov/Dec of 2003 or so. I have a wedding to plan for now and I can only do one thing at a time. ha ha. :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks everyone for the information. I truly appreciate it.

Sharon

8. MickeyB426

MickeyB426 The biggest Daddy of them all

Just as an FYI to what Michelle so correctly added about booking the Disney Category 1 suites far in advance...in mid-June 2001 we booked our Roy Disney suite for March 29, 2003. And when I last checked, most of 2003 was spoken for since we were investigating changing weeks but decided to stay put.

Considering that only about 100 Roy/Walt Disney suites are available each year on the Magic, they're pretty hard to come by.

Here's a question I was wondering about...since the Roy suite has no piano and the layout is essentially the same as the Walt suite...is the Roy suite a bit spacier since it doesn't have a baby grand sitting there?

9. The Land and Sea Guy

The Land and Sea Guy Mouseketeer

I have booked both the Walt and Roy suites. Both times, I booked them 13months in advance and they were for the week before christmas. Did the Walt in Dec. 2000 and have the Roy booked for Dec. 2002.

10. SuAnne

SuAnne Mouseketeer

Hi Land and Sea Guy!
    You're on the Dec. 14/2002 cruise right??? We'll be your next door neighbours in 8532! It's so nice to finally be able to say that we are going THIS year!!

11. 4nana

4nana God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of th

Hi 'The Land & Sea Guy' and 'Suanne'...

Know you'll enjoy your suites! Don't I wish!! Our gang will be on that cruise also and are so excited even if it is the Cat.9 lower rent district :D I know we'll have a magical time ;)

12. slindamood

slindamood DIS Veteran

We are also on the 12/14/02 cruise! Right now we are on deck 8, cat. 4, no room assigned.

We tried in early October '00 to book the Walt or Roy suite for the Christmas Magic, 12/22/01, for our large family group, but both were already booked 14.5 months in advance! The people who did get the Roy suite said they booked it two years in advance!

We were able to get a cat. 3 for my mother and DD so that we would have a living room for the 19 of us to gather in. We were told that we had the last cat. 3 and got the last 3 rooms in cat 4 - 14.5 months in advance!!

Suzanne

:earsgirl:

13. babylisa4

babylisa4 Mouseketeer

So is it correct that the Roy suite does not have a piano? I booked it about 5 months ago for May 2003.

14. SuAnne

SuAnne Mouseketeer

Sounds like we could have a little DIS meet in the making for our 12/14 cruise!! :)

15. 4nana

4nana God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of th

16. howardk613

howardk613 Mouseketeer

FYI - The Roy suite does not have a piano in it but it is terrific none the less. In fact in my opinion it is even better than the Walt suite which does have a piano.

17. The Land and Sea Guy

The Land and Sea Guy Mouseketeer

SuAnne - We'll have to check out each others suites! My wife Susan and I have two daughters 6(Erin) and 4(Kelly).

18. Gretel

Gretel I like being ME

I checked today on the first available date for a Cat 1................It was Oct 11, 2003..........book early folks!!!!!!

19. Mike Bartenhagen

Mike Bartenhagen Mouseketeer

We have not stayed in the Cat. 1 but I thought I would mention that if you are going on the cruise and would like to tour the suites go there on the day you are to depart the ship and look around. On our cruise we happen to be walking by on the day we were to depat the ship and noticed that they were cleaning the cat. 1 suite (don't remeber which one) and we asked if we could look around and the steward told us we were welcome to look around.

20. howardk613

howardk613 Mouseketeer

We stayed in a category 1 suite on both of our cruises and had breakfast in our dining room on the morning of the last day. On both cruises people just came by that morning and asked if they could see the suite and we always showed them around (we also offered them a bagel and coffee). If you are interested in seeing these suites try stopping by and I'm sure that you will be able to look around. By the way, we are booked in the Walt Disney suite for the 11/2/2002 7 day Magic cruise (299 days and counting) and if any of you Disboards enthusiasts are cruising with us, please stop by and say hello.
    Howard