Just curious AP'ers

schrodstrip

Mouseketeer
Why doesn't WDW just tell you when the codes are coming? :confused3
I would be insane trying/checking/rechecking on a daily basis. It also seems ( by reading the boards) that you basically would have to take the day off work :sad2: to get a reservation. I am shocked by the frenzy for the codes!
It just doesn't seem like Disney magic :confused3 :confused3

schrodstrip,

If you get up early enough on the day that the codes are released, and call a couple minutes before they open, you can sometimes get an AP applied to your reservation before you head out to work. In my case, I called during a free moment at work using the 800# and had no issues.

schrodstrip said:

Because I don't think WDW knows how many rooms in each category/resort they are going to offer at AP/FL Res/AAA/Gen Public codes until they have a feel for how full the resorts are going to be. Full Resort=No need for codes.

We had two e-mails from Disney about the AP code - one for me and one for my husband. We both have PAPs.

schrodstrip said:
I would be insane trying/checking/rechecking on a daily basis. It also seems ( by reading the boards) that you basically would have to take the day off work :sad2: to get a reservation. I am shocked by the frenzy for the codes!
It just doesn't seem like Disney magic :confused3 :confused3
I feel sorry for what the poor cm's have had to endure...they have a tough job!!! I'll bet a great percentage of their calls have been fielding discount code inquires for the last 2 weeks or so :crazy:

bugsy,

When I called yesterday morning 9-10 am the great CM told me that the call volume was nuts and actually went down alittle and they only had 200 calls waiting instead of 300 they had earlier.

I have had an AP for several years and I did not receive the e-mail that Disney sent out about the codes. I was checking the boards and another site every day waiting for them to be released.

I have A PAP also and did not receive an email. I did get the discount on our room at Pop! I don't have to leave for work until 7:45 so it worked for me but I do feel for the people who can't call so late in the morning.

I called at 5:15 in the evening and had no trouble getting through. After about 20 minutes on the phone, I got an AP rate for Carribean Beach :teacher:

jiminy14 said:
I have had an AP for several years and I did not receive the e-mail that Disney sent out about the codes. I was checking the boards and another site every day waiting for them to be released.

When I made my reservation with the AP people, they verified my e-mail address. If you call them, make sure that they have the correct address.

Deb & Bill,

Actually they have mine correct as well, and I didn't get an e-mail either. Maybe it's because I just got it on Feb 25 when I was there and it takes a while for that to process like it does for the AP WDW magazine thing to come out.

We never call and check. We always get email notification the day before the codes are released to the masses. I save all of my emails for references. I have the last 5. We also get email messages for AP previews too. We just received one to remind me that the Happiest Passholder contest will be closing soon. Also the passholder website is now updated with the information for the AP codes too.

Deb and Bill...CRO does have my correct e-mail address. They verify it every time I make my ressies. I have had the same e-mail for several years and it is the one that Disney has on its records. I have never received any type of AP e-mail, not for codes or any other announcements. I renewed my family's APs last July, so it can't be because of a lag in getting into the system. I have even registered my AP on the passholder site but that doesn't seem to have helped either. What's really funny is that I do get the Mickey Monitor with no problems. Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else has any ideas of how to fix this problem I would appreciate hearing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter