Just checked my free dining reservation on line at the Disney website

Status
Not open for further replies.
triplefigs said:
Well I am a Disney Visa holder, and I did get the email yesterday. I booked a package with the code. My question as the OP was simple. I checked my new reservation on-line and did not see the dining package (free or otherwise) listed on that reservation. I was simply trying to verify if others who also have the Disney Visa and had already booked this package also did not see the dining info listed. I had a legitimate question, and you jumped all over this post inferring we were spreading gossip and hurting Disney. That is not what was happening at all. I was seeking clarification without having to call and bother the busy CMs at CRO, not "make your job harder". And I do have vacation insurance.

you have everyright to call!
Thats their job, and they should do it with a smile. :smickey: :smickey: :smickey:

stitchthesnitch said:
LOL, you are traveling right smack dab in the middle of hurricane season. I dont see the harm in paying for the insurance when youre getting like 500.00 worth of free dining.

Why pay for it if I don't need it? I'll take the $80 gamble..because that's all it would really cost me, if I paid the $119 out. We've gone a few times during hurricane season, and unless Disney is changing the way they do business, if I can't get there, they have traditionally let me put it on the next vacation.

I'm sorry you are so unhappy and bitter...boy does that come across. I wonder how people feel when they get your attitude when calling Disney. I would sure hang up fast and hit redial. These boards help your job (if in fact you really work there, which I find very hard to believe). We come here to ask each other questions, and get answers rather than bother Disney. I have, as do many others the Disney Visa card, so this was my day to make ressies. Do you actually think Disney would rather the news not be spread? I'm assuming they are wanting to fill rooms, and I'm sure they appreciate the help getting the word out.

By the way, I assume you are paid by the hour..so what difference does it make to you, how many calls you get. Would you rather there be less calls, and Disney do some more streamlining, and you lose your job?

stitchthesnitch,

I really do understand your frustration with people calling to get prices when they are not Visa card holders. It doesn't really make sense for them as they might not even be able to get that reservation when they call April 4th. There should be some check in place, like having to give your Visa number before you get prices. I might be wrong here, but I think Disney Visa cards all have certain numbers in common.

On the other hand, you were very rude. I don't consider it gossip to want to share this great promotion with others who have helped us at times. I called my friend who is going the same time we are and told her about the promotion. I am a Disney Visa holder, she is not. I told her not to call until 4/4. I also warned her to think about an alternative resort in case the WL (where she has reservations with the DP now) is no longer available on 4/4.

I just checked my ressie & it doesn't start with a "K"....hmmmm..I checked online & everythings there though.

I am sure that the CM posting here is not an example of all CM's. :rolleyes2

Letsbgoofy said:
stitchthesnitch,

I really do understand your frustration with people calling to get prices when they are not Visa card holders. It doesn't really make sense for them as they might not even be able to get that reservation when they call April 4th. There should be some check in place, like having to give your Visa number before you get prices. I might be wrong here, but I think Disney Visa cards all have certain numbers in common.

On the other hand, you were very rude. I don't consider it gossip to want to share this great promotion with others who have helped us at times. I called my friend who is going the same time we are and told her about the promotion. I am a Disney Visa holder, she is not. I told her not to call until 4/4. I also warned her to think about an alternative resort in case the WL (where she has reservations with the DP now) is no longer available on 4/4.

I must say that although I agree in premise with what the CM is saying, the way they are saying it is very rude. No, people shouldn't lie to get the Visa reservation early if they don't have a Visa card. People shouldn't try and cheat the system for their own gain, but that happens in this world. I don't think sharing the discount info here on the DIS is wrong though. That's one of the things we do here -- share information to help and inform each other, all of us Disney fans. But the way this CM is coming across on every thread they respond to is in a negative, angry way. Look back at their posts since January. I hope I never get this angry guy on the phone when I happily call to make a reservation.

stitchthesnitch said:
Are you going to be complaining once DME isnt free?? I hope not.

Well we sure won't have to worry about complaining for quite some time! :rotfl2: This a PERFECT example of how we usually know more than the CM's!! :lmao:

Copied from Deb's site:

"As of March 15, 2006, the Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World agreed to terms that will keep Disney's Magical Express shuttle service running into 2011. Under the terms of the new agreement, the Magical Express booth will move from the airport's Terminal A to Terminal B. In addition, Disney's greeters will be allowed back on the second level of the terminal to assist passengers."

Might want to brush up on some of your reading instead of Dising! :rotfl:

DMRick said:
A few hundred cheaper, is pretty good! I did my ressie's on line, without the dining. Then I called and got it with the dining, at the same price. The dining was absolutely free.
Why would you have to split your stay? You can get this for the full 10 days.
we are arriving before the plan starts by 3 days so They can't do free dining within the same ressie. so the first 3 days for me would be room only. really for me it is just 200 cheaper to do free dining but I will have the first three day with out the dining and so if I add that on that = 300 so 100 a day for 3 people it would be more because we would have to add a one day pass 68 a person. it more expensive. I hope itis free I just thought I would make my observations known. Enjoy :goodvibes

stitch

can you say job security???

anyway I do see what you are saying about going online and pricing it without dining...that is what I have been doing...

I also can see how it is frustrating to have people call and lie about being card holders too...

I am SOOOOO glad that I saw on here that I could book with free dining with my Disney Visa because I would not have known otherwise. I have had the Disney Visa over a year, I got no email and there is no mention of this offer on the Disney Visa website last time I checked (yesterday).
I would have had to wait for another year to go to WDW were it not for this free dining opportunity. It saves me enough that I can afford to go to our favorite place this year instead of next.
As for "gossip" on the board. I saw the message that is was for Disney Visa holders which is info not gossip. If someone tried to play the system, that on them but how is it wrong to find out the info here? The CRO I made ressies didn't seem one bit put out, she was sweet as pie and even made my dining ADRs. She seemed very knowledgeable and customer service oriented. Thanks Dis'ers like my sign says...YOU ROCK! :goodvibes

Ok, let me get this straight. We are going 9/13-9/20 with the MYW plus Dining. I just called and changed to the free dining but everything else stays the same???

I never get anything for free so this amazes me. I already made my ADR's so will that be affected? I can't believe this! By the way, our confirmation # stayed the same and my CM was an absolute sweetie about changing to the free dining.

:wave: I also checked mine on-line, and there is no mention of the dining plan on mine either. My reservation number does begin with a K, so I hope that is correct information.

Another thing that I noticed is that my room type is listed as waterview, though we booked (and were charged for standard view). Think that is an error?

Beth

ADR=Advanced Dining Reservation

Sorry, Stitch, but after reading these posts and verifying that my ressie online did not indicate free dining, I called CRO. They said that I did show free dining on their end. My ressie also begins with a K.

I called Disney today to change our ressie from December to September to take advantage of the free dining plan,saving us 980 dollars- woohoo!!! Anyways I went back to the Disney website to check to see if my ressie was updated. The dates were changed but no mention of the dining plan. So me being the worry wart I called Disney and the nice CM told me that it takes up to 24 hours for the info to change and if also doesn't change in that time frame to call them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter