Just bought

kenspidey

Mouseketeer
Hi - I just bought and am waiting on ROFR. I bought 100 points at OKW and paid 69 a point. It has the extended contract and 140 points to use by 10-1. Should I pass ROFR?

Also how hard is it to get a 2 BR reservation the first week of Sept on only 5 months notice.???

:welcome: to the Dis and :welcome: home! :goodvibes

I don't follow ROFR trends, however many here do and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give their opinion.

As to your second question, I don't think you will have a problem booking a 2 BR in September at 5 months out. September is a relatively quiet time both in the parks and for DVC reservations. You may be limited to the larger resorts (AKV, SSR or OKW), but a 2 BR somewhere is likely to be available.

Should not be a problem with ROFR and probably no problem with the reservation. WELCOME HOME!

I do not believe you will have a problem passing ROFR. It seems that 58 dollars a point is the magic number. The extended contract shouldn't cause problems.
Here is some pixie dust for you. :wizard:

Hi - I just bought and am waiting on ROFR. I bought 100 points at OKW and paid 69 a point. It has the extended contract and 140 points to use by 10-1. Should I pass ROFR?

Also how hard is it to get a 2 BR reservation the first week of Sept on only 5 months notice.???

You should be fine on both Welcome Home!

Congrats and Welcome Home!!! OKW is wonderful, it's our favorite although we have enjoyed all DVC resorts we have stayed at :goodvibes

We had great luck getting a last minute 2BR at OKW for the first week of Sept two years ago. We made the reservation less than 3 months out and we managed 6nts near the HH! We also had great luck the last week of Sept a few yrs ago, we were first time renters and managed to get a reservation for a 1BR value at the AKV less than 4 months out. September has HOT weather but little to no crowds! Good luck!

Thanks for all the well wishes.... One other question... Once I get a membership number can I set up my online account or do I have to call to book until I get my packet??

Thanks for all the well wishes.... One other question... Once I get a membership number can I set up my online account or do I have to call to book until I get my packet??

Can you get the number somewhere before you get the packet?

Your experience may be different than mine, but this is how it worked for me. I closed on 1/3/13 and on 1/19 my "guide" called and introduced himself. After his schpeel, he asked if there was anything he could do for me. I asked if he had my member number handy and he did. I then called the member number and was transfered to Member services (I called accounting first, but they said since I had my number, I didn't need them).

I got a woman who was able to book a reservation for me for 1/26 (a week later) and asked her if she had my first time sign in information, which she did. I was able to sign in that night and move some things around and bank my points that would have been locked in after 1/31.

I was able to get my member card printed for me at the DVC center in WDW for the member discounts which I took advantage of while I was there. When I got home from my trip, my member packet was waiting for me (delivered around 1/28), but I was able to get ahead of it and use about 55 points for my stay. It was pretty awesome and almost exactly what I was hoping would happen.:dance3:

Wow, thanks for the news. I am glad it worked so well for you. : o ) ... Now hopefully it does for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter