Just booked Sagamore for Christmas

linco711

DIS Veteran
Just booked the sagamore. We're in the lodge suites. I was happy there was still availability over the Christmas Holidays. Hoping to have a white Christmas with lots of snow, which we don't get any of on Hilton Head, and doing some skiing and tubing at Gore Mountain. Hopefully we'll be happy with the lodge suite. It sounds much small than a disney one bedroom, but it does have a fireplace. The Sagamore sounds exspensive for dining, so will probably eat most of our meals elsewhere. Hopefully will be able to use the limited kitchen facilities for breakfast. We tried for the Von Trapp family lodge, but there was no availability and were afraid if we wait listed we would lose The Sagamore. We give you all a review on our return.

You will love the Sagamore. We used to spend every Thanksgiving there up until a couple of years ago. It is on a totally different level than the Von Trapp family lodge. If you booked the type of lodge suite that I'm thinking you did, you will be very happy with the size of it, even in comarison to Disney. The Sagamore is without a doubt on par with Disney for service and atmosphere. You are right though that it can be expensive for dining but the restaurants are extraordinary, especially Trillium. Have fun.

HBC

We went to a wedding at The Sagamore a few years ago in the fall. What an awesome resort! It was just so pretty :) I am not sure about other local restaurants, though. A lot of the ones on the access road to the Sagamore seemed like seasonal-type places. There was a grocery store near The Sagamore if memory serves me, so maybe you can just buy groceries and prepare simple meals in the suite? You'll have a blast, no doubt. It's a gorgeous place!

As for the Von Trapp family lodge...my parents stayed there for a wedding a few summers ago. It was also really gorgeous, but the road up to the lodge must be trecherous in the winter. That's all I could think about as we drove up to meet my parents for breakfast. It was long and winding and it must be just plain scary with ice and snow on it!

My wife and I stayed in the one bedroom lodge a couple of years ago. I would say it is like most one bedroom situations, about like most of the DVC with exception of OKW of course. It had plenty of room and the kitchen was a regular kitchen like you would find at most one bedrooms. This is an upscale place so the restaurants were about what you expect at such places. If you are looking for something cheaper it is just a short walk to the little town right near the place and they have a number of family restaurants. The one bedroom lodge goes for about $450 if I remember in the summer, probably cheaper in the winter. They have a large indoor pool which should be nice in the winter. I don't know what you mean by limited kitchen facilities? I remember it having a stove and ref, plus a dish-washer. I stay in a lot of these places but we never cook in them so I am not much use in remembering what they had to cook with. You should enjoy it. I understand they do something down by the lake in the winter when it freezes over.

The Lodge Suites at the Sagamore dont have a stove.
Its jsut a two-burner thingy.
The fridge is the same size as the studios.
Also, we had no pots or pans provided not even a toaster.
Im not sure if you could get them from housekeeping.
Having said all that, I loved The Sagamore.
We plan on going back next June.

You'll love the Sagamore. We've stayed there two or three times. The last time was this past Valentines Day. If I remember the Lodge suite has a stove and full size refigerator.

They also have some meal plans that include all meals. their web site is

http://www.thesagamore.com/

I'm getting hit over the head by my wife. She thought that it was just a small refigerator and a two burner range. Hey, I was thinking Valentines Day:)

You should still have a great time. Last year we had two feet of snow around Christmas. The Winter Festival on the lake is usually in Feb.

Also, Saratoga is only a half hour ride. You could see Congress Park, Broadway, etc.

Thanks everybody for all the info. Did you have snow over your Thanksgiving stay at Sagamore?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter