Just booked at the Poly

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
Well we finally made a decision and we are staying for our short 2 nights stay at the Poly. I hope it is worth it for the price of the rooms in June. We where debating on this or the CSR. I have seen mainly good remarks on the Poly, anything negative I should be aware of?

Since you have so little time, I bet you LOVE The convenience of being on the monorail!!!

You'll be able to find good and bad comments on any resort, if you look. The Polynesian is my personal favorite, but some people go in there with pre-concieved ideas, and it ruins it for them.

You can google "Tikiman Polynesian" to find the tikiman's website. It's got tons of info and pictures. Reading his various trip reports is always fun. Last time I saw him I teased him about how his "Mancation" trip report should have been titled "My trip NOT at the Polynesian."

Take some time to enjoy what the Poly has to offer. You will be glad you did! Loooooooooooooooooove the Poly!:love:

The only thing I can think of is the ducks. Seriously! Between trying to 'hustle' you for your food outside, leaving 'presents' on the patio and hanging out in the pool when everyone else seems to be gone, they are a very minor and funny nuisance. :lmao:

We upgraded from AKL when we got a code. I thought I was excited about AKL, I'm even more excited about Poly.

You'll be able to find good and bad comments on any resort, if you look. The Polynesian is my personal favorite, but some people go in there with pre-concieved ideas, and it ruins it for them.

You can google "Tikiman Polynesian" to find the tikiman's website. It's got tons of info and pictures. Reading his various trip reports is always fun. Last time I saw him I teased him about how his "Mancation" trip report should have been titled "My trip NOT at the Polynesian."

I couldn't agree more! People have different opinions about every resort. It's probably best just to pick the resort you really want to stay at and not second guess yourself based on other opinions. The Poly is fantastic! We loved it so much we're going back in August!

Well we finally made a decision and we are staying for our short 2 nights stay at the Poly. I hope it is worth it for the price of the rooms in June. We where debating on this or the CSR. I have seen mainly good remarks on the Poly, anything negative I should be aware of?

The only negative I can think of is that you have to walk outside to get from your longhouse to the GCH and the monorail/busses and dining. In June, that can be a challenge if one of those summer monsoons descends just as you're ready to go someplace. However, if by CSR you mean Coronado Springs, you'd have the same issue there. And the Poly is MUCH nicer than Coronado.

Other than that, it's an amazing place to enjoy your WDW vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter