Just boarding VS075

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by crabbie1, Apr 9, 2013.

1. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Well its time to go. Will keep u updated guysXx any questions please ask. Staying at wilderness lodge and blt

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stevebrass

stevebrass Earning My Ears

Have a good trip. Not soon for us now!:)

4. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Hi Alyson

Hope you got some sleep in the end xxx

Have a safe flight and most important, enjoy yourself!! I will contact you later to see how your flight was (and it will be fine :goodvibes)

xx

5. NatalieMT

NatalieMT Mouseketeer

Have a brilliant time! We are now in single digits for our countdown too! :thumbsup2

6. amacspad

amacspad Disneyholic!!!

Should be taking off anytime now, I can see from my front room window! :goodvibes

Debs x

7. amacspad

amacspad Disneyholic!!!

And off she goes! Hope you all have a fab time! :banana:

Debs x

8. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Wow tht must be ace. Well I must say it was the most turbulent flight I hv ever had. Poor richard had no skin left on his hands. Even Charlotte was a bit worried and she loves flying. I did very well though and just had my rescue (ohh and 2bailys).
    It was a 8.30 flight and the food choice was horrid well it was when it came to us because who got served last............... U got it. Now considering I had convinced charlotte the adult meal would prob be better. We had a grand choice of aubergine pasta bake!!!!! The one veg I dont like. Anyway they bought charlotte a veg lasange from PE which she just ate the pasta off. Thts taught me not to sit at the back in a row if 3 again!!!! The air stewardess said its always the same as both sides have to start at the front which they never used to. Anyway rant over. We landed at 3.10
    Immigration line despite being one of the last off lol was 40 mins. We had our bags and on magical express in 60 mins so I was pleased after reading about delays. The BA flight followed us about 25 mins after being in the queue.
    As it was Richards first trip we hadnt told him much. He was in ore of it all. When we walked into WL lobby he just stopped in his footing. He was gobsmacked!!! So was charlotte as she had never seen it. I saw it when I came to view for our home resort.
    The whole check in took 15 mins with printing dining. As we bought tickets from ATDirect we have to get them from GR this morning from AK then they will put on our KTTW.
    As I had never stayed here I just asked for a high floor pool view and we got both. Rm 3509 and its beautiful. We have a studio here and although not as big as the AKL studio its really nice.
    Anyway we unpacked our things and went to roaring forks for dinner as the haunt of aubergine triggered. As we are dvc we are paying oop for food so will be interesting especially when I saw my printed list of ADR's lol. We have 1700 d for food and we have spent $44. We did buy milk bagals(cinnamon and raisin) yum milk sausages OJ though as well. We had a pulled pork in barbacue sause that came with crisps 2 lots of minestone soup and charlotte had chicken nuggets with fries and grapes. Good job Rich and I shard it was huge. We did get free salad as well so we were full . We then went into the pool. Did the slide 4 times lol and went in the jacuzzi which was hot hot!! By 9 we called it a night. Lovely and warm here and just so glad to see the sun. We all fell asleep quicky. Rich and charlotte still are but at 0355 Im sat here writing to u guys.
    Well we are doing AK EMH today till 1pm ish then cmg back and then heading over to the mini Dis meet at the poly. Be nice to put names to faces. Will report back soon. Alysonxx

Lee I got 2 hours sleep and 6 now so not bad in 48 lol. Im sure by tmrw I will be a walking corpsexxx

9. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

For anyone that wanted to follow I have continued our plans under that thread. Just wish I could upload pictures from my ipad/iphone. I do have a photobucket account and FB but dont know how to do it!!!!!!!

10. DISWolves

DISWolves Dreams really can come true !!!!

Select UPLOAD button, and navigate to where your pics are stored on your PC/TABLET
    You can select multiple photos to load in one go
    Once the pics are showing in your Photobucket account, thet will have 4 separate links beneath each picture
    Copy the IMG code for the picture that you want to post
    Paste this into your DIS post :thumbsup2

Have a great time!! :cool1:

EDIT!!!

Sorry didn't read your post fully !!!
    I assume your pics are already in your photo library on your iPad?

Install Photobucket app on iPad
    Select upward pointing arrow (Choose upload source)
    Select Photo Library
    Select all of the photos that you want to load
    Once pics are in photo bucket - select any pic and at top of screen click the icon that looks like a chain
    Copy IMG CODE
    Paste this into your DIS post

Phew!!! :laughing::rotfl2:

11. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

I have merged these threads as you already have one thread running Alyson.

12. Lesleyluvsdisney

Lesleyluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Hi

We arrived on Sunday immigration was only 25 min for us. I was pleasantly surprised!

Parks a LOT quieter than I expected.

Enjoy your trip! x

13. amacspad

amacspad Disneyholic!!!

Glad to hear you are all having a fab time, really enjoy reading the live reports, totally getting in holiday mode now! :beach:

Debs x

14. Disneynutinlondon

Disneynutinlondon <font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t

:goodvibes:goodvibes Ohhh Alyson I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip .... it's def off to a good start :cool1:

15. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Day one
    Well we awoke at 6.40 as we aimed to do EMH at AK. We had breakfast in the room and was out the room by 7.45. The temp was a nice 60 degrees. We had to get our tickets from GR and out TIW card so we finally entered AK at 9. I must say I have never seen it as quiet. Charlotte took Richard to everest whilst I went and got FP for dinosaur. Everest standby was 5 mins when I got there and I saw them come down the track with there arms in the air. Richards first ever disney ride. He loved it. We then walked straight on Kali and headed over to do dinosaur. Again no need for FP as only 10 min wait. Then onto Pwhirl. Im not keen on this one as it plays havoc with my neck but did it cus of charlotte.
    After having a browse at some animals we had lunch at flame tree. Really nice food and cost $27 for 2 adult meals drinks and sides of onion rings and fries +i cld use my TIW card which gives 20% off.
    To be honest none of us had really adjusted to the time and were ready to leave by 1.30. Oh richard lost his cap on Kali so be aware. Sooo funny. Excuse for a new disney cap I reakon :)we did tough to be a bug
    We had only planned half a day and did what we wanted.
    We headed back to the hotel for a powernap (well Richard did). I read about fantasyland and got ready for our mini Dis meet.
    We were a bit late as bus to MK took a while to come. It was soooo hot and charlotte had a right cob on cus it was soo hot. Kids!!! Anyway our 4pm arrival became 4.30 at captain cooks at the poly.I finally got to meet Wayneg!!!! Yeah. He told me he had always planned his trips so he missed me. Everyone thought it was very funny so wayne had a big nudge. Matt was taller than I thought and Karen said although a prem baby he was very long.
    Tracy(Elise) was there with her very cute daughter who again looked arnd 6 but was 4. Luke arrived a bit later with his little baby and wife and we chatted about the cruise . We had a dole whip but it was without the pineapple juice but was still very nice. We had a ressie at 18.30 at GFC so we said our goodbyes and arrived at the GF at 6.25. Just in time and were seated straight away. French onion soup x2 newyork strip x 2 and a pudding for 2 which was 5 little desserts. We had it to take away as were full so is sitting in our fridge for later. Charlotte had chicken noodle soup and chicken with rice and green beans. We all aimed to share the desssert. With drinks and our Tiw discount it came to $113. Obviously the steaks bumped up the bill but we are on holiday and it just has to be done. With the TIW card it covers the tip and had an extra bit off so with tip of 18% would have been another $29 on top of our original $117 so with the TIW card we paid the $113. Hope u understood that.
    Anyway we got the boat back to WLodge filled our cups and headed off to bed. We were all in bed by 9.45 and said what a lovely day we had had although it was very hot(83degrees and no rain)

16. Shazzie B

Shazzie B DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic trip; sounds like a really good start. 83 degrees, I'm getting excited about possible 60+ degrees here this week-end :rotfl:

Also Thanks Diswolves I've kept a copy of your photo instructions for our trip:)

17. fairytale

fairytale DIS Veteran

Yay, another Trip report to keep me going till our August holiday.:cheer2:

I feel very spoilt at the moment with all these live TR here on the DIS.

Have a magical holiday pixiedust:

Annette:)

18. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day! Glad you guys are enjoying it :goodvibes You are getting me really excited for our trip now!

19. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Da

Magic kingdom. Well the mickey call came at 7.30. Was hoping to get to rope drop but after still being a little unadjusted we did not get there till our ressie at CP. food was nice but server was miserable. He presumed we were on ddp but when he realised we were not he was a bit more attentive. Totally different to our server at GFC. He deserved his tip. Nevermind TIW card covered it but I would hv left him 10% if I had not of had the card. Anyway when we came out it was starting to get busy. We headed to tmrw land but SM was a 120 min wait and fastpass was not working hence we missed it. We did stitch and philermagic in a row. We got a FP for little mermaid so headed down to fantasyland and went in the kids soak area as it was sooo hot. We did ariels grotto which my tomboy daughter was actually ok with. Then onto hall of presidents which Richard did on his own. We waited out side. I had a coke float and charlotte had a slush. It was nearly 245 so we sat outside HOP for richard and waited for the parade. It was good but I dont think they have as many floats as they used to. Still good though.
    We ate at peco bills before heading to main street to the shops. We had had enough by now. I decided to buy a bracelet with a set of disney charms. I looked at the chamilla charms but did not like them. No where near as nice as pandora. I wanted the castle but the guy said it was discontinued. Charlotte bought more rice crispie things and then we headed back to catch the boat to WLV.
    Another busy day but because of the heat we took it steady. Had a storm last night so the pool was closed. We had a snack in the lodge and hired a dvd which we all fell asleep watching lol.
    Set our mickey call for 7.00 for a morning visit to epcot ; pool and then DTD in the evening.

20. Disneynutinlondon

Disneynutinlondon <font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t

Oh just caught up .... sounds as if you're having a FAB time .... funny about the crowds though I'd have thought they'd have died down by now :confused3

21. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Day 3 Epcot
    To be honest it was just magic kingdom but after CP it was nearly 1130 when we git going. Just seemed a lit of people about but then im used to going sept nov time. Epcot yesterday was quiet. Did all 3 major rides by 11 and did nemo and living with the seas in-between . We had a look around mousegear marking what we wanted to buy and then headed back to the pool. Very overcast but warm and despite the 50% chance of rain we had none. We headed out to DTD for dinner at Pollo camperro which we all enjoyed. Then t-rex to get charlottes build a dino. A must even for a 10 year old. A late night in bed by 12 . Typhoon and DTD today as we hv a ressie at Trex. Not my choice but things we do for kids! Thanks for reading