Just Back

mn51

Mouseketeer
We had a great stay - from Feb. 5th - 14th. From Massachusetts so we dodged a couple of snowstorms while there. Stayed at Port Orleans-Riverside-Royal Rooms. Mousekeeping was great, weather was great - just a great trip. Celebrated our daughter turning 40! Had no real bus issues. The only thing that caught me off guard were the crowds. My husband and I go during Labor Day Week so this was a bit of a shock but, hey, it's Disney! Utilized our fastpasses and did park hopping. Great dinner at BOG. Sanaa and Boatwrights were also delicious! Disney Springs is beautiful. As this group is so helpful, let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.

We had a great stay - from Feb. 5th - 14th. From Massachusetts so we dodged a couple of snowstorms while there. Stayed at Port Orleans-Riverside-Royal Rooms. Mousekeeping was great, weather was great - just a great trip. Celebrated our daughter turning 40! Had no real bus issues. The only thing that caught me off guard were the crowds. My husband and I go during Labor Day Week so this was a bit of a shock but, hey, it's Disney! Utilized our fastpasses and did park hopping. Great dinner at BOG. Sanaa and Boatwrights were also delicious! Disney Springs is beautiful. As this group is so helpful, let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed POR!

Lucky you to have missed the recent storms! I have been wishing to be back in WDW lately myself! LOL!

Welcome home!

Glad you had a great trip :wizard:.

I was looking into boatwrights during my visit. What did you guys get?
I got the prime rib and my husband got the other steak with the crawfish mac & cheese. He loved it. I had potatoes with my steak. We had the dining plan (via the package) and they let us substitute a salad for a dessert. It was a great meal. We hadn't eaten at Boatwrights since they ceased serving breakfast. Glad we went.

Do you feel like the Royal ROoms were worth the extra cost? How were the beds?
I love the Royal Rooms and feel it is worth paying the extra to know I will be in the mansion section. We usually get the river view but that was not an option when I called on the special. We got the pool view, which was fine. Our daughter got the garden view but actually had a river view. They may have upgraded her because it was her birthday! It was a fun trip.

One other thing, on our last night we walked down to the new food court at French Quarters. The food selections were great. Loved it there and wished we had stopped there earlier in our trip.

One other thing, on our last night we walked down to the new food court at French Quarters. The food selections were great. Loved it there and wished we had stopped there earlier in our trip.

That's nice to know. My kids are begging me to take them for beignets. I'm not as enthused but the other items sounded good.

That's nice to know. My kids are begging me to take them for beignets. I'm not as enthused but the other items sounded good.
We were really surprised at the great choices. Our daughter grabbed a burger which she said was delicious and it came with steak fries. The fries were really good. Hope you have a great trip!

We just went to boatwright at the end of January and it was our favorite trip. I got the prime rib, DH got the pork chop. Dr got the voodoo chicken which was the meal everybody wished they ordered. Dr got kids pizza. Everyone loved it the service was great and we were so happy we stopped there for dinner.

Great to hear. POR is the best. Good to see some positive reviews of Boatwrights. Have not eaten there in years mainly do to not really being that good.

Glad you had a great trip! Especially beating the weather up north!

One question: did you find it difficult getting to Sanaa? Did you make it a part of your AK day?

Sounds like a lovely trip! We're looking forward to leaving the snow behind in a few weeks when we head down.

Glad you had a great time! We may be staying at POR in July. Last time we were there was 11 years ago. How were the buses? Were there any long waits? Do you have any advice regarding them?

Glad you had a great trip! Especially beating the weather up north!

One question: did you find it difficult getting to Sanaa? Did you make it a part of your AK day?
I had made the reservations well in advance but a lot probably depends on the time of year. This time we did make it a part of our AK day as we had others with us this trip. Typically when it is just my husband and me, we do a different park in the morning and go back to the resort to rest and freshen up. A tradition with us is to head to Epcot after we finish at Sanaa. Not sure why but we did that once and enjoyed it so we do it every time now!

Glad you had a great time! We may be staying at POR in July. Last time we were there was 11 years ago. How were the buses? Were there any long waits? Do you have any advice regarding them?
I didn't think the buses were bad at all. Having stayed at POR many times, I know they can be hit or miss. We have noticed our last couple of trips the bus situation was a bit better. Regarding the buses, I think it is simply luck if you can catch one right away. When my husband and I go alone, we don't make any concrete plans and if we encounter a long wait for a bus, we will just go to a different park. We typically go Labor Day week so the crowds in the past were on the lighter side. For this trip we had plans and pretty much stuck to the plans as our daughter, son-in-law and friend were with us (celebrating our daughter's 40th birthday). Just have lots of patience for the buses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter