Just back!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Just back from our Land & Sea!

It was great! We had a category 6 verandah, and it was just enough space for my Mom and I. I applaud the families that were fitting more than 2 people in any category below 6!!! Although, we didn't spend a lot of time in our room... perhaps that is the secret! The verandah was amazing... if you can spring for it, go for it!!!!

We didn't get the dining rotation we wanted, but as soon as we got onboard, we headed to Wavebands, and changed it no problem!! Our original assignment was PTA for 2 adults, but we successfully changed it to TAP. We sat at a table for four, but no one else showed up! It was kind of nice, and our servers gave us SO much attention.

Speaking of servers! Our server's name was Dalibor, and you need to request him! He was AMAZING! I've never had better service in my life! He was from Croatia, and ladies, he was very cute!

We saw "The Chronicle of Narnia" on our day in Nassau rather than getting off the boat. We did get off an enjoy Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay however, and that was quite nice!

The service in the staterooms was also amazing. I've never had my room serviced twice a day before... turn down service is nice!

The ship was beautiful! And there are SO many opportunities for character photos. That was a lot of fun.

We had some rocky seas the last night, but it was still not a problem. We got the verandah because my Mom has motion sickness problems, but she didn't even have any problems with the waves. For those of you who are worried, give a 3 night a try, and I hope you find it okay too!

Palo was great. Our server brought us what we ordered, as well as more! If we didn't order his recommendations, he brought it anway! I love this "food included" thing!! Yeah!

Feel free to send any questions, and I won't bore you anymore!!!

tell me more about the dinner seating.
How did you change it, were you on the Wonder.

Do you think it would be difficult to change a group of 8?

What was the TAP you were talking about?

creature teacher said:
tell me more about the dinner seating.
How did you change it, were you on the Wonder.

Do you think it would be difficult to change a group of 8?

What was the TAP you were talking about?

We were on the Wonder. As soon as we got our Key to the World card upon check-in at port, it has a code on it. Our was PTA, or Parrot Cay, Trition's, and Animator's Palate. This meant the order of our restaurants for the three nights of the cruise. I had wanted TAP (or Triton's, Animator's Palate and Parrot Cay), so we headed to Wavebands once on the ship to change it.

I'm not sure if a party of 8 would be hard to change. It may not be since you're an entire table, so if there is room, you probably could. In order to change our rotation, we went from a table of 6 to a table of 4, and from an 8:30 seating to 8:00, but I was find with that!

Good luck!

Wazzo said:
Speaking of servers! Our server's name was Dalibor, and you need to request him! He was AMAZING! I've never had better service in my life! He was from Croatia, and ladies, he was very cute!

OMG, I think that's the server who sang Happy Birthday to me, while slicing and feeding me my breakfast melon at Tritons on my birthday. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember his name. He made this middle aged heart go pitter-pat :love: I don't know if the old ticker could have taken being served by him every day ;)

ibouncetoo said:
OMG, I think that's the server who sang Happy Birthday to me, while slicing and feeding me my breakfast melon at Tritons on my birthday. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember his name. He made this middle aged heart go pitter-pat :love: I don't know if the old ticker could have taken being served by him every day ;)

I'm glad I could help! He definitely is worth remembering! :teeth:

A couple of questions - What hotel did you stay at? When you check in at the hotel I thought you didn't have to check in at the port?
Thanks and can't wait to go in two months. Category 5 with verandah. We have 3 people but I don't plan on seeing my DS 15 (only for dinner).
Thanks

knebel22@frontiernet said:
A couple of questions - What hotel did you stay at? When you check in at the hotel I thought you didn't have to check in at the port?
Thanks and can't wait to go in two months. Category 5 with verandah. We have 3 people but I don't plan on seeing my DS 15 (only for dinner).
Thanks

Hello!

We stayed at the AKL... and our corresponding room was a standard savannah view.

You don't have to check in at port again, UNLESS you are a non-US citizen... like me!

We booked nearly the same vacation!! I booked a land and sea package as well and have chosen AKL for our first few nights.(we have 3 nts land and 4 sea!) How did you find the lodge? We have a party of 6 that consists of 4 adults and 2 kids. We have two rooms for lodge and 2 for the ship, a cat 4. I think ours is listed as a deluxe view but don't really care as I'v heard all the public veiwing areas are amazing! We have to wait until next January for our trip though. :guilty:

What was the weather like in FL and on the ship? shorts, capris, or long pants? Is there a character meal available on the ship for the shorter cruises? I was hoping to get away w/out doing that in FL as I prefer the dining on the cruise. :woohoo:

Glad you had a "wonder"ful trip! Would you consider going again in the next 5 yrs? :Pinkbounc

Wendy

sunny_medford said:
We booked nearly the same vacation!! I booked a land and sea package as well and have chosen AKL for our first few nights.(we have 3 nts land and 4 sea!) How did you find the lodge? We have a party of 6 that consists of 4 adults and 2 kids. We have two rooms for lodge and 2 for the ship, a cat 4. I think ours is listed as a deluxe view but don't really care as I'v heard all the public veiwing areas are amazing! We have to wait until next January for our trip though. :guilty:

What was the weather like in FL and on the ship? shorts, capris, or long pants? Is there a character meal available on the ship for the shorter cruises? I was hoping to get away w/out doing that in FL as I prefer the dining on the cruise. :woohoo:

Glad you had a "wonder"ful trip! Would you consider going again in the next 5 yrs? :Pinkbounc

Wendy

Hello!!

The lodge was AMAZING! We spent a lot of time checking out the other resorts for meals, and I far prefered the AKL over any of the other deluxe resorts. The Poly and BC/YC were a far second.

The deluxe rooms would have the same views, but it will have a bit more square footage to the actual room, which may be handy for more people. Enjoy the views!

There were no character MEALS on the ship (during the 3 night), but there are lots of opportunities to see the characters.

The weather was actually pretty cool, but the days were beautiful and sunny. Our days in the Bahamas were warmer, but I still found the ocean too cold to swim.

I would definitely consider going again, and it would probably be around 5 years... time to save up and REALLY want to go!

Have fun!!! :cheer2:

I'm saying a little prayer to get him! Maybe my sis can encourage him to feed her again, this I HAVE to get on film!:teeth:

TiggersPal said:
I'm saying a little prayer to get him! Maybe my sis can encourage him to feed her again, this I HAVE to get on film!:teeth:

Sorry, little sister, Dalibor is on the Wonder and we'll be cruising on the Magic....that's one 'server request' I don't think Disney would do for us ;)

Glad to hear you had a Wonderful time!

So did you rebook on board?

janet

Scratch42 said:
Glad to hear you had a Wonderful time!

So did you rebook on board?

janet

No, unfortunately we didn't! We have NO idea when we want to go again, WHO wants to go etc...

I wish we had!

We go on our first cruise in April, land/sea as you did. I am curious, why did you want to change the dining rotation? I understand the acronym, but what was the reason for the change? Thanks in advance

Amastron said:
We go on our first cruise in April, land/sea as you did. I am curious, why did you want to change the dining rotation? I understand the acronym, but what was the reason for the change? Thanks in advance

Hi!

It was because I had prebooked online for Palo on our last night, and I wanted to miss Parrot Cay rather than Animator's Palate.

We're in exactly the same situation. We have Palo booked the last night (on a 3 night), and we're hoping for TAP. Glad to know they were able to accomodate you!

Can you tell me a bit more about the check-in procedure at the pier. I am also a Canadian. Did you check-in at your resort first? Did you take the Disney transfers? If so how did that work? How long did it take to check in at the pier? What silly time did you have to go through customs on the last day?

matsterrocks said:
Can you tell me a bit more about the check-in procedure at the pier. I am also a Canadian. Did you check-in at your resort first? Did you take the Disney transfers? If so how did that work? How long did it take to check in at the pier? What silly time did you have to go through customs on the last day?

Hello! I'd be glad to answer your questions!

We did check in at the resort first. We checked in at the AKL desk, but then there was also a separate cruise line check-in desk. We used the Disney transfers, and they left the AKL about 12:30pm (we met in the lobby). They arrived at the port about 45 minutes later. The check in at the pier took a while, since the line up was very long. There are two choices for Canadian check-in. You can either go to the regular check-in for "Canadian and US citizens", or you can go to the "Non-US Citizen" line. The non-US line was shorter when we arrived, but it took a lot longer to check in here. So, we chose the regular line and we were done faster than the people that chose the non-US line. Use your best judgement here!

On the last day we needed to go to the auditorium on the ship to go through customs at 6am. The reason Canadians need to check in AGAIN at port is because you surrender your passport at the check-in desk. You get your passport back at 6am the last day and have a short visit with a customs agent.

If you have anymore questions, ask away!! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter