Just back. Quick tip, for those going soon.

I don't think people are opposed to fast passes as much as you are limited to when you can pull them if you already have another one. You can't grab as many fast passes as you wish and go about your day.

And it's not like Disney has advertised that they have greatly increased the number of FPs. That's a supposition many of us have made based on CM posts here and on anecdotal stories.

And if the OP is anything like me, it's not like they just said "I'm going to wait 90 minutes". After a certain amount of time, it just gets harder and harder to bail on the time you already have invested. You just keep thinking things will surely get moving any second.

It's like the story of boiling frogs. You put them in water, and you increase the temperature. They could jump out, but don't.

Okay, yes youa re lmtied to how frequentlyyou acn puill fp's, but agina, at Epcot, there are only two real FP attractions. It's not hard to manage your day so that you can pull two FP's.

Also, if ever I have been to WDW ona low crowd day- and that is what most guests are reporting- the combination of a low crowd day and a glut of FP's- then the FP return times have usually also been mostly pretty close to to the current time.

I mean I've never had a hard time getting all the FP's I wanted, except for a few very high crowd times. The last few years, we've actually finished our vacation with a very large wad of unused FP. Almost every trip since the advent of FP, we've come home with unsed FP. I'm not bragging, I just don't see that it's all that difficult to take advantage of the opportunity to obtain them and use them.

It's not like FP is all the attractions, it's only a few in each park.

Okay, maybe I'm an oddball, but if I get in a line that is not moving. I get out of it unless it's something really exceptional. Abouthte only exception i an think of at WDw is lining up to see a show before the theater opens. I always pay attention to how quicly the line is moving.

Okay, yes youa re lmtied to how frequentlyyou acn puill fp's, but agina, at Epcot, there are only two real FP attractions. It's not hard to manage your day so that you can pull two FP's.

Also, if ever I have been to WDW ona low crowd day- and that is what most guests are reporting- the combination of a low crowd day and a glut of FP's- then the FP return times have usually also been mostly pretty close to to the current time.

I mean I've never had a hard time getting all the FP's I wanted, except for a few very high crowd times. The last few years, we've actually finished our vacation with a very large wad of unused FP. Almost every trip since the advent of FP, we've come home with unsed FP. I'm not bragging, I just don't see that it's all that difficult to take advantage of the opportunity to obtain them and use them.

It's not like FP is all the attractions, it's only a few in each park.

Okay, maybe I'm an oddball, but if I get in a line that is not moving. I get out of it unless it's something really exceptional. Abouthte only exception i an think of at WDw is lining up to see a show before the theater opens. I always pay attention to how quicly the line is moving.

I think the PP meant that often times a person has pulled a FP for another attraction and are not yet eligible to pull one for another ride. Which would be why a savvy park goer still might choose to enter a standby line.

Two things I don't understand.

1. When the posted wait says 20minutes, I'll get in line. That part makes sense. But ten minutes later, I can see that the line has either moved half the distance, or not at all. Anyone who has been to WDw beofre would probably havea pretty good idea whether most queues have moved or not.
I kind of don't understand why you would wait 90 plus minutes in a line that's supposed to be 20. If the line doesn't move, I get out well before 90 mintes has passed. I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't understand.Clearly there's nothing forcing anyone to stay in line.

Second, it sounds like Disney have greatly increased the number of fastpasses. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't understand. If the system is flooded with FP's, then there must be added opportunity to get fp's. Why pick standby if you could have done FP? Surely that was an option. I mean there are only two real FP attractions in Epcot: Sorain' and TT. I've never unserstood why anybody would pick standby for either- especially Soarin'. I can understand not getting FP for every FP attraction in MK - but Epcot? that doesn't make sense to me.

Why are so many folks opposed to getting a fp?

I don't think many guests are opposed to the idea of getting a FP as much as they just don't understand it. I think we often forget on here that this average guest either:

- doesn't understand the system,
- thinks it costs extra,
- is too much trouble,
- just wants to ride ASAP, or
- any combination of the above.

I know I've said it before, but if the barest research is not done by them to understand or use FP as it currently exists, how much will they use FP+?

After a certain amount of time, it just gets harder and harder to bail on the time you already have invested. You just keep thinking things will surely get moving any second.

It's like the story of boiling frogs. You put them in water, and you increase the temperature. They could jump out, but don't.

This is exactly it! I have always had a rule: More than 20 minute wait time = use FP or come back another time. But when rides break down (and I know this is not what we are talking about here, but use it by way of a parallel example) and you get stuck there waiting, being told you'll be boarding any minute now, once you've wasted 20 minutes waiting you always feel like if you walk away now, and they immediately start loading guests again, you've wasted 30 minutes with nothing to show for it.

It just sounds to me like they are allocating way too many FPs in a given window perhaps. I hope these are just teething problems that will be addressed shortly, but it would probably be beneficial for anyone who does have a minute to spare and experiences these problems to drop a mention of it in at Guest Services so that Disney is made aware of the problem.

I'd just like to add a note for all of those leaving for Disney soon. We are also just back, and we did not experience this problem at all.

Standby was usually less than posted in our experience save for one time when Pirates temporarily broke down, but that was only an extra 15-20 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter