Just back - Highs, Lows and a few photos

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
Just got back yesterday from an amazing long weekend in Paris with my boyfriend Doug (complete Disney newbie...)
As a reminder, this trip was really to go to the Jazz Sur Seine festival, and we stayed in central Paris, but of course I couldn't visit Paris without a day at DLP. So we spent Friday 23rd October in the parks.

HIGHS
  • I had been expecting the worst in terms of crowds but it was totally manageable (nowhere near as bad as Tokyo!) and we got a lot of rides done
  • Brilliant weather - a sunny and crisp Autumn day
  • Actually getting on Crush! Haven't managed it my last few trips due to breakdowns and crowds, but we got on it first thing after waiting a decent 50 minutes
  • Lunch at Annette's - never disappoints
  • The Halloween decorations were amazing - I was a bit worried that after the splendour of Tokyo Disneyland, my beloved DLP would look like the poor Halloween relation but this was by far the best seasonal themeing I've seen in Paris. Enjoyed the wee parade during the day and the villain's song too
  • BTM twice - including one amazing ride in the dark - particularly enjoyable because it's the last time I'll get to ride it for a long time, with the closures
  • Doug loved it! Well, he wasn't overly fussed about characters or parades (no surprises there) but he was a big fan of Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Star Tours, RnRC, Ratatouille and both of our meals (Annette's and Steakhouse)
LOWS
  • We didn't get much done in the morning due to breakdowns and what seemed like crazy crowds, but thankfully the afternoon and evening made up for it. Breakdowns on RnRC, Pirates, Space Mountain all at the same time
  • I had booked dinner at Inventions but we were too stuffed after lunch at Annette's to enjoy it so didn't go - nobody to blame but ourselves for that!!
  • Doug really hated the Tower of Terror - felt so sorry for him afterwards! Was surprised at this, as it's my favourite ride and I was sure he would love it too
  • The train at the end of the night back to Paris - this was GRIM and I'll never do it again, to be totally honest. It's the first time I've ever stayed in Paris city centre on a day I've been in DLP and it was a shock to the system. The first train after park closing didn't come for about 40 minutes and unsurprisingly everyone was crammed on like sardines. It was sweaty, uncomfortable and of course everybody was knackered. We didn't get back to our hotel until after midnight with a 10pm park closing time.
  • Next to no shopping - zero tolerance from my better half :rolleyes: I managed to grab a couple of xmas decorations when he wasn't looking. However, it's amazing how many attractions you can fit in when you're ignoring the shops!
Since it was just one day I won't do a full TR but here are a few photos :). The important thing is, Doug's already talking about what we'll do "next time" and keen to take his nephews there, which would be great fun.

I can't imagine you visiting Paris without trying your hardest to fit a DLP trip in! ;)

It's good to see so many highs (always hard on a flying visit, I think) and great news that Doug has said "next time" :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Sorry i've missed this until now - looks like a great day! BTM twice on a Friday, how did that happen :rotfl2:Love it in the dark!

So happy that your BF enjoyed it too - hope you get to go back soon.

Thanks for posting :goodvibes

I saw you in DV near Planet Hollywood - I saw the bow first and said to my OH I'm sure that girl is on the Dis lol That's the 2nd time !

Glad that you had a fab time and have converted Doug :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter