Just back - Highs and lows

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by laura_<3, Oct 5, 2012.

1. laura_<3

laura_<3 DIS Veteran

We landed back in gloomy Newcastle yesterday morning around 5.20am to the freezing cold and rain :(

We didn't want to come home after such an amazing holiday. Just a few highs and lows before I start my trip report.

Highs

Those who are my friend on Facebook will know that DBF proposed to me :goodvibes:cheer2: It was in front of Cinderella's Castle in MK and was the perfect end to a perfect day after the Wishes Dessert Party :goodvibes

Epcot Food and Wine festival was amazing although it rained both times we were there. The rain thinned the crowds out though :)

The parks weren't busy, mostly 10 minute waits or walk on's, although I did overhear a man saying that this is the busiest it's been this time of the year

MNSSHP - fab parade (despite a man dressed as Pongo pushing his way in front of me at the last minute) and the fireworks were great too. We'll definately do this again

Wishes Dessert Party, fantastic! Even though I didn't eat a lot of the desserts, the view and not having to get a place on Main Street amongst the crowds made it worth the money

Our room at POR was lovely, we had a corner room in Acadian House. The pool nearby was never busy when we were there. We usually went between 2pm and 4pm or around 7pm depending on what we had been doing during the day

Mears Transfer bus to Universal Studios, on time and a lovely driver

Boat to DTD was very convenient and a nice change to getting buses everywhere

Lows

The buses at POR became quite annoying. If we did stay at POR again we would rent a car but I don't think we'll be staying there again, it is a lovely resort however we want to try somewhere different next time

The queue at immigration on arriving at Sanford Airport was very long, however once we did get through our suitcases were waiting for us and our transfer was ready and waiting

I can't think of any more lows, it was the best holiday ever. I need to get started on my trip report!

Now I just have to try and get DBF to agree to a WDW wedding!!! :rotfl2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ciorsdah

Ciorsdah Mouseketeer

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm heading home tomorrow, staying at POR, and totally understand the bus situation. They are so sporadic, or full!!

What a wonderful trip you've had and massive brownie points to DBF for the proposal :-) fingers crossed for a WDW wedding.

X

4. laura_<3

laura_<3 DIS Veteran

Thank you :goodvibes

What building are you in? We were in Acadian House, closest bus stop to us was the North Depot. One morning we must have just missed the bus to AK for AM EMH (as we got to the bus stop for about 7.45am) the next bus didn't arrive until after 8.30am! Nightmare!

5. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Yay congrats on the engagement :goodvibes My now DH popped the question in the rose garden in MK, its such a special and thoughtful proposal - AND its like reliving it every time you tell the story ;) He's a keeper!
    Glad you had a great time and I'll keep everything crossed you get a lovely WDW wedding! You'll have to tell us the story of how he popped the question :)

6. Tinkerbell1989

Tinkerbell1989 DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great trip! And CONGRATULATIONS!
    Can't wait for your TR :-)

Steffi xx

7. Tink2312

Tink2312 <font color=magenta>I didn't ask to be a princess

Sounds like you had a brilliant holiday. Congratulations on your engagement :)

8. tinkerbells mum

tinkerbells mum DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read you trip report sounds like you had a brilliant time. What a lovely time and place to be proposed to fingers crossed for a WDW wedding xx

9. joolz1910

joolz1910 <font color=green>I would have gone down to recept

Congratulations on your engagement x

10. janiebubble

janiebubble DIS Veteran

Oh congratulations, sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Have to totally agree with you about the dessert party and the boats to DTD!

11. VailaTigger

VailaTigger DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What wonderful news. Glad you had a fabulous holiday too.

12. catherine

catherine <font color=red>Hey not fair, you guys already hav

Welcome home and congratulations on your engagement! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :thumbsup2

13. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

congratulations!!!! :goodvibes

14. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

congratulations on your engagement:cheer2:

Looks like you had a great time.

The buses at most resorts are the same at peak hours. Try Wilderness Lodge, then you'll know about waiting and full buses!!!! We found the buses last month from POR ok in general and normally picked them up from the East Depot as the MK bus goes around the back depots before it picks up at the front and the same for DTD. Other then that we tended to avoid peak times and often had a bus to ourselves:)

15. halloween12

halloween12 Mouseketeer

Congratulations :cheer2:

16. WSussex

WSussex Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!:cool1: really look forward to your trip report:thumbsup2
    How did you go about booking the wishes dessert party and how much was it?

Sx

17. Ciorsdah

Ciorsdah Mouseketeer

We are in the same building!! We had the room right at the corner, 8084 looking out towards to the pool. That happened to us a few times, we had the car so for the past week we have just taken the car up to the park!!

18. dixonsontour

dixonsontour DIS Veteran

Congratulations :goodvibes

19. RDP

RDP DIS Veteran

Congrats on a great holiday and engagement!

20. laura_<3

laura_<3 DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone, full details and pics will be in the trip report which I will hopefully be starting very soon.

We were in room 8220, top floor corner room looking out towards to car park nearest the North Depot.

21. PJB71

PJB71 DIS Veteran

Congratulations :love:

Will it be a Disney wedding???:confused3

Can't wait to hear more :banana: