just back from Wonder

hawaii5o

Mouseketeer
Just got back from the July 14-17th wonder. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I will try to answer them. I have navigators from Nassau, Castaway Cay and the kids oceaneer lab for 8-9 year olds. I dont have a scanner but you can pm me and I can fill you in on specific stuff that you are looking for. I will do a full trip report once life gets back to normal, if it ever does.

Welcome back! :sunny: I have a 8 year old ds and would love any tips for that age group you can give me! :banana: Also, did you do any shore excursions? If so, I would love a review! :rotfl: Also, any info about Pirate night would be much appreciated! :love: Thanks! :cheer2:

Hi Jacksmom,

My dd is 9 and a quiet child. I didn't know what to expect in the lab but she wanted to go to certain things that she thought she would enjoy. She went to the lab for about 3 1/2 hours on the day we were in Nassau.

She did goofin around w/animation 1-1:45
Bridge tour 2-2:30
The Jr Chef experience (choc chip cookies) 2:45-3:45
Then storming the Lab from 3:45-4:30 she paged us.

All the other things that she would have probably liked to do were during our dinner time which we all like to eat together, since we dont get to do that too much at home......

Also at castaway cay she snorkeled with us and stayed on the beach all day. It was way to hot to not be in the water!!!!!

Stormin the lab is like free time to do whatever... computer, knex, crafts.....

A boy thats family ate dinner with us was 9 also and he didnt want to be at dinner, he wanted to go to the lab.... He met 16 kids he said and was there every night til midnight.... I guess it all depends on your child. My dd liked what she did do I think because they were structured events that you didnt have to find something to do. She doesnt make friends easily because she is so quiet. She is getting better though........ :love:

Pirates night was on the day we were at Nassau. It was pretty crowded. We were up on deck 10 looking down at the show..... We were right where the fireworks were, on the right hand side if you are looking at the stage... I dont know my ship lingo!!! LOL Also they had a buffet that looked pretty good, but I had 8:15 dinner and couldnt fit one more piece of food in me!!!

If I can think of other stuff I will let ya know.... I have the navigator here so I can tell ya what else they had to do... When are you going on your cruise?

I would love your review of shore excursions and adult activities. I will be on the Wonder 12/10/05 with my 70 yo mother.

hawaii5o said:
Just got back from the July 14-17th wonder. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I will try to answer them. I have navigators from Nassau, Castaway Cay and the kids oceaneer lab for 8-9 year olds. I dont have a scanner but you can pm me and I can fill you in on specific stuff that you are looking for. I will do a full trip report once life gets back to normal, if it ever does.

Did they or did they not have the pirate show at dinner and a special menu? They do this on the 7 day cruise but I have read they do not on the 3 day cruise.

Where you a castaway club memeber at time of sailing? If so what day and time was the special member's party with the senior officers?

No they didnt have a pirate show at dinner or a special menu. I do remember that other people had said they had menus rolled up or something on other cruises. We didnt have that. They had pirate night show outside at the goofy pool and then fireworks. Also they had a buffet but I was so full from dinner that I couldnt even look at anymore food!!! Also I was not a castway member. It was our first cruise, but not our last!!! We had a great time... Only way to short to do all the stuff that there is to do.

To find out what movies are playing when you are sailing you can call 1-888-325-2500

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter