Just Back from "Wishes Dessert Party"-

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tinkerhon, Mar 29, 2013.

1. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

OUR 1ST TIME, AND LOVED IT !!! Will definitely be going back---- our DD7 had the best time---- the desserts were so good (Mango shooter by far our fave), and just the view alone made it worth the price of the admission for us !!!

Had a solid 20-30 minutes of dessert time before "Wishes" started---

Everyone was so nice-- wasnt too packed, and no pushing or shoving-- People stood by the railing, and everyone was accomodating to all of the little ones trying to see over the adults :)

Great way to end the day !!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mystikgarden

mystikgarden DIS Veteran

So glad your family enjoyed this. We are taking dd8 this coming Friday. Can't wait!!

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Nice! We are trying it for the 1st time in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to try it out. :goodvibes

5. marymaya

marymaya Mouseketeer

Is it incuded in your meal plan? If so, how many credits? If not, how expensive was it? And lastly, where is it exactly?

6. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Not on the DP. It is roughly $20 pp or so. It is on the balcony of the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.

7. Carlyzmom

Carlyzmom <font color=red>AXIOM Crew Member<br><font color=p

I REALLY want to try this too!! I tried to book, but it wouldn't let me. Am I too far out to book for a June trip?

8. elfling8

elfling8 Mouseketeer

I believe so. I think it was the beginning of March when the reservations for April opened up. Keep checking, and if you can't get through on the website, call on the phone. I got our res the day it opened for April and the site was jammed. I don't think I waited on hold more than 5 minutes.

Glad to hear you had a great time - we are so excited about it, going on April 19th!

9. GoofyGraham

GoofyGraham Earning My Ears

Me and mine have done the dessert party twice. The first time was amazing, the second not so.
    I'd suggest everybody try it once. For me it now sits on the 'been there done that' pile and unless there's a radical change in the dessert menu, I'd probably not do it again.

10. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

What happened the second time that changed your opinion? I'm debating whether or not to do this in October.

11. Carlyzmom

Carlyzmom <font color=red>AXIOM Crew Member<br><font color=p

Thank you! I can't wait to try it!

12. GeorgiaHoo

GeorgiaHoo DIS Veteran

We've done it twice as well and thought the first time (Feb. 2011) was a bit better than the last (Mar. 2013). Seemed like they stuffed fewer people in the first time. They've also changed the set-up since the first time so that the line for food/drinks doesn't flow as well and gets backed up. I also thought there was more of variety the first time. I will say the location is great for fireworks, much better than being in the crowd on the streets (and Tinkerbell flies right over your head). Cost first week of March, which is standard season, was right at $25 per person. That's about what you'd pay for a decent table service meal.

13. GoofyGraham

GoofyGraham Earning My Ears

Nothing really happened, it was just a case of 'done that'. The first time was wonderful and new, the second time just couldn't match it. There wasn't anything wrong, I just felt after the second time the repeat wasn't worth it.

Everyone should do it once, but don't expect too much second time round unless there's a new element to add to the magic. If it were a surprise for someone else, that would renew the magic, if it were for a proposal of marriage or summink, that too.

.......but you may find differently. :confused3

14. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

As long as you are there when it first starts, it's great. They aren't very good about restocking the buffet.

15. smarcles

smarcles Earning My Ears

How crowded does it get at these things?

16. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

My DS and I have done the dessert party every summer since it started. We still love it, if anything just for the fact you get to sit while waiting for the fireworks show. The parade viewing is not the best, but you have a great view of the castle for the show they put up on it [sorry, I don't know what they are call it right now:scared:]. *Since it's usually only for the two of us [sometimes DH is with us] it's not a huge outlay of cash.