• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from WDW....We got a FREE (DELUXE) upgrade!!!!

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Went to check-in at POR and after my DD11 and I chatted with the CM for a couple of minutes, she excused herself and when she came back she said that we had been selected to upgrade to SSR at no extra charge! Well, believe it or not, I didn't know exactly what to do. We did the DVC orientation there last year and we didn't really like the property. DH thought it was too much like apartments and I didn't like the lack of Disney theming. Plus, I was actually looking forward to trying POR. The CM picked up on this and returned to us saying that we could stay at ANY deluxe at no extra charge!!!:faint: It was a no-brainer for me....It had to be a monorail resort. My 1st choice was the CR. 2nd choice was the GF. We got the CR!!! :woohoo: I cried on the way back to our car to head over to the CR. I normally don't get emotional about things but this really got to me. The last time I stayed at the CR I was a young child in the mid-late 70's. It made a huge impression on me even at that age. Anyway, we got room 5150 and our car was just steps away the entire time! It's located in the Garden Wing section. We were at the very end of the building closest to the parking lot but on the back side facing Bay Lake instead of the parking lot side. FABULOUS views of the waterway to the MK and Bay Lake. HUGE room with their new online concierge service....including FREE internet access! It was just GREAT and I took tons of pictures (some even have our SUV in them!). We had 5 nights there. It was our 1st magical moment of the trip. (The 2nd was at The Wave.) Disney has never failed to make me happy. I just :love: it there!!

Went to check-in at POR and after my DD11 and I chatted with the CM for a couple of minutes, she excused herself and when she came back she said that we had been selected to upgrade to SSR at no extra charge! Well, believe it or not, I didn't know exactly what to do. We did the DVC orientation there last year and we didn't really like the property. DH thought it was too much like apartments and I didn't like the lack of Disney theming. Plus, I was actually looking forward to trying POR. The CM picked up on this and returned to us saying that we could stay at ANY deluxe at no extra charge!!!:faint: It was a no-brainer for me....It had to be a monorail resort. My 1st choice was the CR. 2nd choice was the GF. We got the CR!!! :woohoo: I cried on the way back to our car to head over to the CR. I normally don't get emotional about things but this really got to me. The last time I stayed at the CR I was a young child in the mid-late 70's. It made a huge impression on me even at that age. Anyway, we got room 5150 and our car was just steps away the entire time! It's located in the Garden Wing section. We were at the very end of the building closest to the parking lot but on the back side facing Bay Lake instead of the parking lot side. FABULOUS views of the waterway to the MK and Bay Lake. HUGE room with their new online concierge service....including FREE internet access! It was just GREAT and I took tons of pictures (some even have our SUV in them!). We had 5 nights there. It was our 1st magical moment of the trip. (The 2nd was at The Wave.) Disney has never failed to make me happy. I just :love: it there!!

Congratulations! How exciting is that! :banana:

Wow, what a wonderful bit of Disney Magic.:goodvibes

Wow. Truly awesome! I'm so happy for you! :woohoo: I know just how you feel too, my parents took us to Disney in 1980 and we stayed at the Poly and it made a huge lasting impression on me too. Congrats! :goodvibes

Congrats!:cool1: That is awesome. I didn't know that they would upgrade you to a different resort. That is great.:goodvibes It sounds like you had a great time.

Congrats!:cool1: That is awesome. I didn't know that they would upgrade you to a different resort. That is great.:goodvibes It sounds like you had a great time.

It's more than likely that POR was overbooked, and they had to move somebody somewhere. I can see why they would offer SSR first. But I have a feeling that overbooking had something to do with it. :)

It's still cool that they got a free deluxe upgrade out of it. :)

Wow, that's one of those things you hear about and you feel it happens to everyone but you. Until it happens to you...

I guess you hit the right Cast Member at the right time.

Wow, how amazing and lucky! Hope it was a great time!

That's so amazing!!

Of course now I'm hoping the same will happen to us on Saturday :thumbsup2 :lmao: Hey - a girl can dream! :cloud9: Congrats on your upgrade!

Congratulations! That is an awesome upgrade!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter