Just Back from the Fort- Just a little wet.....

Tink9295

Mouseketeer
Hi, We just got back today from FW Cabins. Checked in the 15th, out the 21st. The first couple of days were hot, humid and cloudy. Not much sun. We kept an eye on TS Fay the whole time. The campground was busy Fri. and Sat. But by Sunday it was clearing out. We were in the 2130 Cabin and the loop behind us had only 4 camp sites (2 sites were out friends) in use by Tues. Either it was very slow or we think people started to bail out because of Fay. It was an eerie kind of quiet. I think more than one frog lived under our cabin, trying to stay out of the rain. We were greeted each morning with their chatter.
The Parks were busy Sat, not bad Sunday or Monday. They had the shortest lines I've ever seen in my 20+ visits. On Tuesday, Fay was busy raining on us. So all 14 of us went to Typhoon Lagoon. There were about 30 cars in the parking lot and only about 300 people there. The CMs thought we were nuts and kept asking us what posessed us to come today. We told them "Why not. Were going to get wet anyway." We did everything more than once in 2 hours. NO LINE... NO WAIT! GOTTA LOVE IT. On Wednesday we went to MK. More people here but they were on the kiddie rides and we waited no longer than 10 minutes except for Space Mountain. Yeah it was raining but we were prepared. Brought along rain gear and made the best of it. Thurs. we checked out. We were going to stay but the rain kept on coming and Fay made a return visit. So we decided to hit the road and drive through Fay to CT.
The cabins were great. The bedroom was a little smaller than I thought but not too small. The mousekeepers were great. Maybe because it wasn't busy. They provided more supplies and tons of towels. Our loop was pretty empty until the Tent Campers were moved there during the storm. We recieved updates from CM's about possible evacuations and about early park openings due to the storms.
Even though it rained and rained and rained, we still enjoyed FW and would return again. Maybe even with a camper or tent.
Thanks to all of you who answer all my questions about FW and the cabins. You're the best.

Well despite the moisture it sounds like ya'll had a grand time !:thumbsup2
We try to do the waterparks during the rain too ! Absolutely the best time !
And don't the frogs just seen to add to the experiece.
Don't matter what the weather is like, good or bad, it's better when your doing Disney.

They moved the tent campers to the cabins??? Theres a whiplash change of scenery!!!

Waterparks in the rain...what a sensible idea as long as theres no lightning!!

Wow! I'm surprised about the tent campers being moved into the cabins! Lucky them!!! We were evacuated one time & sent to Dixie Landings (now Riverside). The MIL & FIL were evacuated two times & were sent to the Contemporary both times. Rainy days only serve to make the parks less busy. To me it's a great time to go to the parks!! I just don a baseball cap & poncho & enjoy! I do duck out of the rain when enjoying a beer, tho. Can't drink watered down beer!!:sad2:

The rain didn't stop us at all. It was a new experience for us. I think they moved the tent campers there because they didn't close FW. They were worried about flooding and the winds. Our loop filled up real fast that night.
The CM that knocked on our cabin told me that if FW was closed we would be moved to a hotel room. I was thinking it would have to be a deluxe because when we booked the cabins were still considered a deluxe and they would give us something comparable. The beer was great. Didn't take that long to drink to get watered down. My DH sure helped Disney's profits with that. Actually all 6 adult did.

Despite some water, it sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you enjoyed FW and the cabins!

It really is a beautiful campground. I wish we had more time to enjoy it. The rain stopped us at times. We did ride bikes and swim in the rain. I also noticed some work being done on one of the loops just past the meadows. I was going to take pics but never got back there. We'll blame it on the rain. Isn't that a song? Anyway thanks again to all of you who gave us tips. We're going back to DW in April '09 for a couple of days. Who knows? Maybe we'll return to FW.

G;ad to have you back. A little rain never hurt nobody!:thumbsup2 Sounds like fun.

I love going to the parks in the rain. Keeps everybody else at home. I just am no fan of going into some of the air conditioned attractions wet - can get chilly.

We just got back as well. We were there the 14th thru the 23rd. We stayed at 348 and loved the site. It was WET! but as noted did keep the crowds down, and once you got wet what was the difference. On Friday night we went to MK and didn't know what wet really was until we were on Splash Mountain and the ride stopped just before you enter the inside part and the rain just POURED down while we sat there for about 4 minutes. At that point our shorts which had been dry were now Completely soaked. The kids loved it and had a great experience.

It was a great trip and now the countdown begins for our April 2009 trip!

We just got back as well. We were there the 14th thru the 23rd. We stayed at 348 and loved the site. It was WET! but as noted did keep the crowds down, and once you got wet what was the difference. On Friday night we went to MK and didn't know what wet really was until we were on Splash Mountain and the ride stopped just before you enter the inside part and the rain just POURED down while we sat there for about 4 minutes. At that point our shorts which had been dry were now Completely soaked. The kids loved it and had a great experience.

It was a great trip and now the countdown begins for our April 2009 trip!

The rain didn't bother us as all. I think it was a new experience for us. We have always had great weather. 1st time it rained in years on one of our visits.

We're going back in April too! Not sure where we'll stay yet. Just know we're going as we do every April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter