Just back from the fantasy

How was the water temp at Castaway Cay? I am from south AL and when we went to CC last April, the weather was beautiful, mids 80s, but water temp was freezing!

How was the water temp at Castaway Cay? I am from south AL and when we went to CC last April, the weather was beautiful, mids 80s, but water temp was freezing!

I was in CC 2 times last week on the Dream, and the water was freezing! Once you got used to it though, it was fine. My DH and DS jumped right in, but I took my time.

I was in CC 2 times last week on the Dream, and the water was freezing! Once you got used to it though, it was fine. My DH and DS jumped right in, but I took my time.

Thanks! I will probably have to take my time too;)

Another question... can my 7 year old son use the life vests near Pelican Plunge in the family snorkling area? I don't like those snorkling vests they provide, and I don't want to have to pack a life vest for him. The snorkling vest is fine for me; I just don't trust my 7 year old in one.

You have me so excited for Remy and my trip on the Fantasy is not till next March! How long did the experience take? Did you do the wine pairing? We are definetly splurging for this. Any nights that you would say are better than others for making a reservation?

The ship moved forward an hour on the first night of the MV western and went back an hour Wednesday night.

Is that right? I thought Grand Cayman was on Central Time (during DST). So wouldn't you have moved back an hour when heading there? Regardless, while in port, was the ship time the same as the local time? I"m gather ing that the answer to this question is yes.

Is that right? I thought Grand Cayman was on Central Time (during DST). So wouldn't you have moved back an hour when heading there? Regardless, while in port, was the ship time the same as the local time? I"m gather ing that the answer to this question is yes.

We were on the same cruise and the clocks definitely went forward an hour on the way to Grand Cayman. Yes ship time was the same as local time.

EDIT: Scratch that, reverse it - just checked the navigator and it was BACK on the way to Grand Cayman and FORWARD an hour on the way to CC.

Wait, you are right. We gained an hour that first night. It was difficult to lose the hour on Wednesday night because the CC presentation was at 9 am.

The aquaduck is so much fun! Opened at 9am, we went first thing and never had to wait long. They take pictures - so beware!

What do you mean they take pictures?? Like when you ride a roller coaster?First I ever heard of this.

Thanks.

What do you mean they take pictures?? Like when you ride a roller coaster?First I ever heard of this.

Thanks.

Yes, on the Fantasy they take your picture after you soar over the second master blaster. They're still getting rid of kinks but it's an awesome addition.

~ FD.

Will try to answer all the questions - it was a fantastic trip!

Our ports were Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and CC. We did a stingray tour and snorkeling in Grand Cayman, went to an awesome beach spot, the Tropicante, in Costa Maya and snorkeled again in Cozumel. None of these were Disney tours. I dont like to be hearded around the ports in a big group.

I feel the same way about these side tours. Did you have any trouble booking these separately? There would be 6 of us 3 adults, 3 children (13,13 & 15)
How did you find the information on booking tours apart from DCL, if you don't mind me asking! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter