Just back from POR...

RubySlippers

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the POR thread but I wanted people that may be on the fence about POR to see our review of our FAVORITE resort:thumbsup2

We just got back and had a FANTASTIC time at POR-AB!:thumbsup2 We booked a preferred room and at check in we were told that we could have a room in building 18 now or wait and have a room in building 15. We had been up since 3am so we took the room that was ready!:laughing:

The room was VERY clean! I even checked the tops of the mirrors...:blush: no dust! LOL!

The main pool heater was broken during our stay so it was COLD....but the quiet pools were perfect.

Bus service was GREAT!! We never waited more than 10 mins going to and from places.

The boat service was another story:rolleyes2 It took us more than a hour to get back from DTD because there was an issue with boat captains and shift changes:confused3 We missed our ADR at Boatwrights because of the delay.

They were able to take us late but our DD melted half way through dinner and I took her back to the room. My DH and son stayed and finished dinner. It was DELISH! They brought my dessert back to the room for me!:lovestruc

We have stayed at POR many times and we have always loved it. This time was no different and we will be back! We booked a bounceback offer for OCT.

GREAT Staff, GREAT Atmosphere, GREAT Vacation....can't ask for more!:goodvibes:thumbsup2:goodvibes

That is awesome! I'm staying at POR for the first time in April. Thanks for the review!

how are the rooms? t says it fits 5 and a baby under 3 but would it be really tight with two playpens? I have two under 2. TIA

how are the rooms? t says it fits 5 and a baby under 3 but would it be really tight with two playpens? I have two under 2. TIA

We are 2 adults, a teen and a toodler... the room was fine for us but honestly with the stroller and the luggage trying to squeeze 2 playpens or pack and plays would be almost impossible... I just do not think there is enough floor space even if you pile the luggage under the window.

We are 2 adults, a teen and a toodler... the room was fine for us but honestly with the stroller and the luggage trying to squeeze 2 playpens or pack and plays would be almost impossible... I just do not think there is enough floor space even if you pile the luggage under the window.
yea I looked at pics and it is a no go. It isn't bad when we stay at yc bc but those rooms are 380 swq ft and por is 315 sq ft. Thanks!

Do you think the fold down bed in Allegator Bayou rooms is as big as the previous roll away or pullman bed?

We stayed at POR back in 2010 and the third bed was perfect for my DD, but she is three years older now and probably a foot taller (around 4'9").

The DS and DD don't like sleeping in the same bed, so we will need three beds to work with our group.

Thanks!

Do you think the fold down bed in Alligator Bayou rooms is as big as the previous roll away or pullman bed?

We never used the older style roll away they had but the new fold down bed was larger than I thought it would be and my teen who is about 5'2 fit just fine on it. He had to sleep on the other queen because the 2 year old called dibs on the "alligator" bed! LOL;)

31 More days, and we will be their for our first ever Disney Trip. I hope we love it!!

We never used the older style roll away they had but the new fold down bed was larger than I thought it would be and my teen who is about 5'2 fit just fine on it. He had to sleep on the other queen because the 2 year old called dibs on the "alligator" bed! LOL;)

Fantastic - that was what I was hoping for. We love the POR and when I had a look at the new beds, I thought it was only going to get better!

Thanks!:cool1:

Did you have the new RFID room keys?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So excited to see that you loved it, we are planning on doing one of the PO resorts in November. We're not married to either one yet, both seem very nice.

Do you think the fold down bed in Allegator Bayou rooms is as big as the previous roll away or pullman bed?

We stayed at POR back in 2010 and the third bed was perfect for my DD, but she is three years older now and probably a foot taller (around 4'9").

The DS and DD don't like sleeping in the same bed, so we will need three beds to work with our group.

Thanks!

It's not, it's actually smaller. The new murphy bed is meant for children 10 or 11 and under. If you do a search, someone posted the actual dimensions of it. Smaller than a twin bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter