Just back from Pop!

Trina7020

Mouseketeer
We stayed for 6 nights (5/31-6/6/08) at Pop. We were in a preferred room in the 70s, 3rd floor directly behind the Big Wheel.

I was very pleased with the resort. I found everything extremely clean. The rooms were small, but very workable with our family of 4. We were able to keep everything organized and had plenty of room. Mousekeeping was great! Even constantly changing the sheets since my oldest all of a sudden decided to become a bedwetter. (I actually think he was just so tired he wasn't waking up!)

The food court was very efficient. The food was decent (you know for a food court!) and although it was busy at times I thought it was well organized and managed. Always plenty of seating. I love that there are so many choices. Everyone was always happy!

The transportation was great in my opinion. We rarely waited long for a bus. There were sometimes crowded and we did on a couple of occasions choose to wait for the next bus so we could sit. But it really wasn't a big deal. When lines did back up they always immediately sent a second bus. We visited lots of other resorts to eat (We were on the Deluxe Dining) and honestly... besides the monorail resorts... the Pop transportation was the best that we had.

We loved the pools and the pop jets!

The staff was fabulous and helpful!

Some Cons: (None of which were a big deal... we would definitely stay again!)

- With outside room entry and not covered walkways... getting dinner back to the room because the kids are sleeping in the pouring down rain can be challenging!

- Would have loved a Queen size bed, but you get what you pay for!

- I really did fine the resort loud. We could hear our neighbors loud and clear. We happen to know they opened and closed the parks every day! lol And yes we heard every toilet flush. We were in a corner room too, so we only had it coming from one side. It wasn't enough to wake me or the kids up, but DH reported it waking him up several times. I am sure they heard us to though. I kinda consider this part of hotel life, and it didn't really bother me

- There is a lack of privacy in these little rooms, which isn't a big deal for us because our kids are so little, but I could see it being an issue with older kids. But in a single non-suite hotel room, I don't know how you would solve that.

I think that is it, if there is anything you wanna know just ask!

That all being said... we have fallen in love with Wilderness Lodge... a dream for us for someday!

Glad you had a great time! We love Pop, always stay there! So many people complain about hearing the toliets flush, but I never have! Maybe I have bad hearing, lol!

We also love POP. If you keep the bathroom door closed, the flushing noise is cut down quite a bit.

Thanks for the review, I'm so glad you had a good time!!!
We are leaving in 17 days to stay at the POP for the first time.
I'm getting really excited! :yay: :yay:

Mental note: Keep bathroom door closed at nighttime..lol

We were there at the same time! I was pleasantly suprised at how organized the food court was. Even at the most crowded times, things seemed to flow nicely. We too noticed the noises. I plan to bring my own white noise machine next time. Mousekeepkinng was just ok in our area. We were in the 50's on the ground floor, overlooking the lake. It was a pretty quiet area. Overall loved Pop:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter