Just back from Pop! Any questions?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by *NikkiBell*, Aug 2, 2006.

1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I just spent a week at Pop. If you have any questions, please let me know! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LadyOmega

LadyOmega Mouseketeer

Hi NikkiBell,
    Yup I have a question. We are trying to decide whether to use the buses or drive around to the parks on our trip in Oct. So, if you used the bus service, could you tell me how long it took you to get to the major parks? I really would like to know how long it took to get to MK. Thanks if your able to answer this!!

4. *NikkiBell*

The buses were fantastic. I prefer using Disney transportation over driving so we don't have to deal with the parking lots, trams, long walks to the car, etc.

It took 13 - 15 minutes to get to MK as that is the farthest away. MGM and Epcot took 10 minutes and under.

5. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

Did you eat in the food court? What did you like?

herc.

6. *NikkiBell*

The food court is decent. They have different things including pasta, burgers, hot dogs, cheese fries, baked goods (including tie-dyed cheesecake for the 1960's!), and even lo meins.

7. ILVPOOH

ILVPOOH DIS Veteran

Hi NikkiBell,

We are going the last week in August. Is there any shade (umbrellas) by the pool?

Also how is the parking lot. We have a large SUV that we like to park away from other cars. Were all the spots filled up, or will we be able to find some empty spots way in the back. I think most people try to park closer.

Thanks!

8. KimWDW

KimWDW Disney Obsessed!

What building were you in? What did you like/dislike about the building/location? Did you request that building? Did you get what you requested?

Thanks. :)

9. natenapril

natenapril DIS Veteran

How far were you from the main building?
    Was it easy for your kids (if you have any) walking to and from your building?
    How was the shopping @ POP(ie Tshirts for the kiddos etc)?
    Did you like your room?
    Was there an area or building you would reccommend over the another?
    Would you stay there again?

Hoping to stay there next year!!!!! :banana:

10. LadyOmega

LadyOmega Mouseketeer

Thanks Nikki!! I agree, I've always preferred the bus/monorail service as well, but as this is the first time we've stayed at a value resort, the bus horror stories started to scare me!! You've made me feel a bit better. :cloud9:

11. ZPT1022

ZPT1022 <font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr

I'm not NikkiBell but when we were there last year there were some spots way at the end- I wouldn't count on being close by or anything but you should be okay. There was one person last year who did the whole I'll park in the middle of two spots so no one will be near my car thing. We walked by and DH made a comment, and funny enough we kept hearing people walk by and make comments about it. Oh and you'll be there the same time we will-it's getting close!! We're getting so antsy about it- how about you?

Becky

12. ZPT1022

ZPT1022 <font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr

I'm not NikkiBell, but I wanted to throw this out there- we've always been huge fans of WDW transportation in the past, when it was just DH and I and then when it was just DH,myself and DD. Now that there are five of us, and we need two strollers, a diaper bag, and a partride in a pear tree (just about!) plus wrangle three kids, last year for the first time we found it to be easier to take our car to the parks. We had driven down so our car was right there and it was easy though. This year the twins will be two and DD will be five so I don't know- we may try the bus once or twice but holding a stroller on a bus stinks. It also stunk for the person stuck holding the twins. I guess take your party into consideration is what I'm trying to say. OH, and it was nice to be able to drive to another resort- say to just drive to Wilderness Lodge for dinner and not have to do the whole shuffle of bus to MK then wait and get another bus or boat. Just to keep that in mind if you do have a car with you. We love Pop though! DH and oldest DD didn't want to go anywhere else this trip!!!!

13. LadyOmega

LadyOmega Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice. We always prefer WDW transportation, but I just didn't know how long it took from POP, since we've never stayed there. Time was my main concern, and we will have 4 adults and 1 teen, so luckily we don't have to worry about the kiddy stuff. :thumbsup2

14. ILVPOOH

ILVPOOH DIS Veteran

We are very excited about going (FREE DINING!). We also don't like it when someone takes up 2 parking spots. Normally my husband will drop us off and then he parks as far away as he can so that he doesn't get any dings. We like using Disney transportation. After driving from NJ, we don't feel like driving around while on vacation. I'm a little concerned about the heat, but we will just take it easy and make sure to swim every afternoon. See you by the pool! :wave:

15. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

I know you said the buses were great but how were they timely as far as did you have to wait a good while for a bus to come to the parks to pick you up? Ive heard horror stories about the POP buses taking forever to pick you up..I hope those were exceptions..lol

16. Stitch's Greatest Fa

Stitch's Greatest Fa DIS Veteran

We stayed at POr last year and whilst we always seemed to wait for buses, there seemed to be Pop buses about every 5 minutes.

17. TenThousandVolts

TenThousandVolts <font color=darkcoral>I just gave 2 examples for t

sounds great- thanks for the info-
    what is the best section

18. *NikkiBell*

There are no umbrellas by the pool, but the sun shifts during the day and there are plenty of nice areas. I prefer the bowling pin pool in the 1950's section over the main pool (Hippy Dippy Pool) because it is longer and quieter.

The parking lot is very large so you should not have a problem.

19. *NikkiBell*

I have stayed at Pop twice before - once this past week and also in 2004. This time I was in the 1970's section as I requested a building close to the main building. It was okay, but I much rather be in the 1950's section. It was much closer there when I stayed in Building A of the 1950's in 2004. The 1950's section also has its own pool which is a plus.

20. *NikkiBell*

I was about 2-3 minutes from the main building, in the 1970's section. Getting there was easy. :)

I loved the shop at Pop. It is quite large and has everything you could ever imagine from t-shirts to pins to sunglasses to toys.

I liked my room, but would prefer the 1950's section. It felt homier to me there when I stayed in it during our 2004 trip. It also has its own pool in the shape of a bowling pin and Lady and the Tramp as icons. All rooms have two queen beds or one king. There is also a small square table and two chairs, television in an armoir (with shelves and drawers), a nightstand, vanity area, and bathroom with tub/shower and toilet. The rooms are very comfortable and if I was staying at a value, I'd stay there over the All-Stars in a heartbeat.

21. GaDisneyFan

GaDisneyFan Earning My Ears

Hello..I have stayed at POP several times and we are leaving tonight to go back and be there through August 8...I usually swim in the Bowling pool and as far as I can remember there are tables with umbrellas by the pool and a few by the Hippy Dippy pool but the chaise lounges do not have umbrellas over them..but if you don't mind sitting up in a chair then shade is available...Have fun everyone:)