Just back from Poly...it ROCKS!

kdk1188

Mouseketeer
I read several less than glowing reports about the Polynesian before we left, but I gotta tell you, I LOVE the Poly and will definitely stay there again. Every CM we passed said Aloha (which the kids loved); housekeeping was always done by 3pm and was very efficient...they even arranged the kids stuffed animals in little poses (ie. with swim goggles reading an EPCOT map :)
We ate at O'Hanas, Kona, Capt. Cooks and they were all great. The convenience of the monorail and boat to MK is a big plus. Anyway, just thought I would weigh in and say that our stay was fabulous.

Glad you had a great stay. Thanks for the report.

Is work still being done on the monorail platform outside the Poly? Just wondering. When we were there in May and they were still working on it.

I'm glad you had a great stay. We'll be there two weeks from Monday and we're so excited. It's a relief to hear several recent reports of no problems with mousekeeping or CMs. We're really excited!

So glad to hear your trip was fabulous. There are getting to be so many negative trip reports so it's great to read that the Disney Magic was alive and well for your stay!!

Glad to hear good things about the Poly. We are planning a split stay next July, 10 days at CR (convention rate was too good to pass up) and then 4 nights at Poly. This will be our first stay, but have eaten at all the restaurants many times. :goodvibes

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We leave for the Poly in 4 days. Any tips for us?

Thanks for that great review. My family and I are staying at the Polynesian this December and it's great reading when someone else has just had a fantastic stay there.

We're going..fingers crossed...Sept 08 for my Dd's sweet 16 on the cruise, staying at Poly. I can't wait!

The Polynesian doesn't just "rock"....it LAVA ROCKS!:goodvibes

Glad you had a great stay and took the time to post about it.

The Polynesian doesn't just "rock"....it LAVA ROCKS!:goodvibes

Glad you had a great stay and took the time to post about it.

The Polynesian "LAVA ROCKS"! oooh, I like that!!!! :thumbsup2 :sunny:

kdk1188: Welcome back, and I'm so glad that you had such a great time at the Polynesian! :)

Nice to read a good report, and glad you had a great time. We'll be there in just over a week! Can't wait!!!

We returned about 3 weeks ago. I thought all was fantastic, only a few problems with our key cards. No towel animals for us, but we got them on the cruise so all was a-ok! No work on the monorail that I could see. Walking to the TTC was the absolute best part of the Poly. Well, the fireworks from the beach and the pool slide weren't bad either! ;)

There wasn't any work going on at the monorail platform...everything looked fine :) We loved watching the electrical water pageant and Wishes from the Poly beach while drinking "lava flows" (pina colada/strawberry daqueri)...yum. We didn't even have ADR for O'Hanas and were worked in... it's amazing what people will do for you when you are nice to them. If you go, don't be a bonehead like me and leave your camera in the room :sad2: I didn't get a shot of the kids doing the coconut races. The pineapple bread pudding with hot caramel sauce made me feel better, though :rotfl:

What building were you in? I have requested Tokelua this time as I heard the housekeeping is good.

Thanks for the good report. DH and I leave in 8 days, we've never stayed there before so I'm glad to hear good comments.

Did you request Somoa? We are going in October and Somoa is where we would like to stay - with a balcony or patio. I'm a little worried b/c the resort is very full at that time.

We stayed there in the Hawaii bldg last year. What a treat. We absolutely loved it. We will be staying there again in 2008. The Cms were wonderful as well. Glad to hear things have not changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter