Just back from our first cruise! 5 night double dip on Dream

I thought of another thing. They offer guided tours at both 1:00 and 2:00 right after boarding. I would highly recommend doing this. It's on your Personal Navigator, but most people don't even notice it. We did the 1:00 and there were only about 15 other people taking the tour.

Do they just show you where everything is? Or do they offer any other helpful advice tips? Also, how long does it take?

Do they just show you where everything is? Or do they offer any other helpful advice tips? Also, how long does it take?

The 1:00 one took exactly an hour (b/c the same cast members have to do the 2:00 tour). They show you Decks 3 and 4 only, but give you lots of helpful info and neat facts about the ship. I thought it was time well spent.

I wondered about the beach towel thing. We are flying into Orlando the day before and staying 2 days at a resort for two days after the cruise. I wondered about the beach towels for the resort. Maybe I'll call the resort to see if towels they have towels around the pool. Thanks for that tip :)

Also what do you mean we don't need many casual clothes. I have shorts for the girls and a few pairs of capris in case it gets cool in the evening. We're sailing in May. I wasn't sure if it would get cool at night or not. And the thing that's taking up the most room in our bags is our clothes for dinner. I'm not even sure we'll eat in the MDR each night but since this is our first cruise and its an opportunity to maybe try something we probably won't try again at dinner, I packed for just in case we go to the MDR, I wasn't sure of appropriate attire for dinner so I do believe I overpacked for just in case. I've seen where people dressed up in formal wear and in some instances where people wore casual clothes even shorts which are frowned upon. LOL Dinner confuses me for sure. :confused3 I didn't pack anything formal but I did pack sort of dressy clothes for my daughters, my hubby and myself. Did I overdo it? What did you see for dinner attire on your cruise. We're only doing the 3 day cruise.

Thanks
I have heard it said many times on this forum to take out half of what you think you need. Most people find they do not need as many clothes as you think. No more than 2 outfits a day plus bathing suits! I do not need 2 outfits a day on sea days, I wear a casual outfit to dinner and then wear the same one to breakfast the next day because you are not in it very long.

I have heard it said many times on this forum to take out half of what you think you need. Most people find they do not need as many clothes as you think. No more than 2 outfits a day plus bathing suits! I do not need 2 outfits a day on sea days, I wear a casual outfit to dinner and then wear the same one to breakfast the next day because you are not in it very long.

Plus they have neat little Laundrette's if you find you need to wash anything. I spilled some coffee on a light colored shirt, and I washed it immediately so it wouldn't stain. It does end up being $5 a load ($2 washer, $2 dryer and $1 laundry detergent), but you just swipe your KTWC. It's nice to know that's available if you need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter