Just back from HH-- rude neighbors!!

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
We were only there for 2 nights, thank goodness. I don't know what I would have done if we had been there for a week underneath these people. There were about 12 bikes parked outside, so I don't know how many they had in the unit (we were in a 2 bdrm), but I know there were a few preschool aged children. Now, I have 3 kids myself, so I know it is not reasonable to expect them to be quiet.... but until 2:30 in the morning???!!!! They were banging so hard on the floor that the chain on the ceiling fan in the living room was swinging!:mad:

Otherwise, I didn't want to come home!:cool:

What happened when you called the front desk? Did the CM do anything? Did it quiet down any?

Well, I didn't call the desk. I was trying really hard to be understanding and tolerant. And the fact that we were checking out in the morning made me think that it just wouldn't be worth the aggrevation. I just can't believe that anyone would have children that young awake at that hour. At about 12:30 I thought I had heard the last of it and fell asleep. Then it started back up at 2:30. Maybe I have weird kids, but mine were asleep by 9:00 and didn't wake until I pulled them out of bed at 6:00 to leave.:o I try to keep the mindset that everyone keeps different hours and other people don't have to conform to my hours. I just think this was a bit over the top (ha- no pun intended!):rolleyes:

I felt bad for the people below us when we were in the GV early this month. I'm sure it sounded like a herd of elephants. The steps and hard wood made a LOT of noise even walking normally. Of course my kid aren't up at 2:30 in the morning (they aren't teenagers yet!).

Would like to apologize right now if anyone here is below us OKW starting Sunday. We'll be in a GV, hopefully close to HH if our requests were met. Dh's nephew is a holy terror and his parents don't make him mind! Plus, they don't make their kids go to be at normal times (before midnight). Please feel free to complain, just gives me another excuse to tell them to make their kids behave!:)

Are yo sure it wasn't Doc? LOL. Sorry you had this experience.

I feel your pain :)

We were at HH for Easter and the people above us sounded like they were running races above our head and were jumping up and down soooo loud I thought they would come crashing through the ceiling.

I have NEVER done this before, but I put a coat over my pajamas and went upstairs because I had to see what they were doing to make so much noise. I figured they were outside running back and forth. I was suprised to see no one outside and stood by the door a few minutes and figured out they had very young children and were playing a game of charades and the kids would jump up and down in excitement.

It was entirely too late to be playing so loud so I got up the courage and knocked loudly. They were sooo loud they didn't even hear me!!

So I went down and called the front desk. As soon as I mentioned the room above me, they let out a familar sigh and said are you sure of the room number. They said they would double check first and then call the room. 2 minutes later not a single peep out of them!!!! I was so grateful and felt bad at first for calling since they were having so much fun, but in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to call.

Marley

Does anyone know if there are 1-br units on the top floor in any of the buildings, particularly the lodge? :D

Yes, the lodge building has 2-BR lockouts, so the top floor has both 1BR and studios. Also the adjacent building (with the red roof, I think it's bldg 12). In fact, I believe the only other lock-outs on the property are the ones beneath the Grand Villas.

Thanks, Johm, the lodge 1-br will be what I will request. :D

We've been lucky at DVC and haven't had any noisy disturbances from neighbors. Last August, however, at Vero there were some thunderstorms on Labor Day. The CM who was in charge of the festivities for that day had the bright idea to bring a game inside into the lobby downstairs. The game was jumping up and down and popping the bubbles on large (and I mean large) pieces of bubblewrap - purchased for this very exercise. It was approximately 1:30pm and we were in the room with the lights out while our 2yr old napped. The noise was like firecrackers going off - just what the CM intended. It scared the "daylights" out of all of us.

And I just have to digress and share a non-DVC story..... This winter I had to take a 3 day course/exam for my ski instructor certification at Sunday River. I drove up late from Boston and arrived after 12am. At 4:30-5:00 am I was woken up by stomping so loud from the floor above me things were shaking in my room. I waited it out and it stopped, but 1/2 hour later started again. This time I called the front desk and held the phone up in the air. They heard the noise all right. It soon stopped. And when I left for the slopes later, I discovered that there was a national snowboarding competition there all week. The person above me was practicing his jumps or flips...or something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!