Just back from Hershey Park

We had never been before and we had a great time. The food was expensive, and honestly, I expected that, so that wouldn't bother me so much, but it was n't very good either. THAT was a disappointment. I was surprised at how expensive it was to do any of the attractions inside Chocolate world too. We did the free tour, but that was it. $40. for a 3D movie of dancing Hershey kisses? I don't think so!! In the park though we had no trouble with lines all weekend and rode all the big coasters multiple times. With teens I felt that 2 days was plenty there, especially since the waterpark isn't ready yet for summer, and we had a really good time.

We'll be there this weekend and I can't wait. I'll make sure the kids have enough money for lunch since it seems everyone is complaining about the cost. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

For the poster who is planning on going this weekend....I am pretty sure the park isn't open again until the begining of May.

We went last weekend for Springtime in the park and had a great time. Packed a lunch from home, but still spent $$$$ on snacks.

Has anyone ever rented a cabana in the water park area? Can't remember how much they're charging, but I do remember being shocked that it was so expensive. I'm wondering if it's worth the money and how the experience was!

We live in MD and went to DC Friday. It cost 35.00 for us to ride the metro! I know things cost more now but when I was a kid the Metro was the cheapest and easiest way to go. Next time we might just drive down and pay to park.

Karen

On a very similar note, I took my dd into NYC for the weekend to see a show, etc. I was shocked at how expensive it was to ride the subway. I thought it would be cheaper than a taxi, but now I don't know. We only went one stop and I know it was over $5 for the two of us. I guess I'm still living in the days when the subway and Metro were like $1.:hippie:

We are huge Hershey Park fans and we went the first weekend they opened for Springtime at the Park. We had great weather, and the park was clean and not too crowded. We had a great time as usual. We didn't find the food pricing to be too bad.

We have a fan website that my DH created, it's www.hersheyinfo.com and we have most of the menus from the park posted with pricing and pictures. It could really help others as they plan their Hershey trip. We also have ride photos and general info. Please bare with us as we are currently updating the site with current hours and admission prices and new pictures. Actually the whole site will be revamped!

We went on Good Friday with the beautiful weather. I have to disagree a little. While I thought it was very clean and the staff very nice, the lines were way too long and the food was insanely expensive. I almost felt like they had let too many people into the park. I guess I'm used to Disney Fastpass and not waiting on lines, but I was fed up by about 3pm. We're in PA and we love Dorney Park! I guess my expectations were really high but after paying $17 for 3 pretzels and 2 waters and riding only about 3 rides in about 90minutes, I was not feeling the love. And don't get me wrong, I love me some Hershey but afterall, rides are rides. After getting off the Reese's Extreme Challenge Ride, my kids turned to me and said "mom, it's not as good as the Buzz Lightyear ride." LOL

Don't judge Hersheypark by the lines on Good Friday. We're season pass holders (and have been for many years). We decided to visit the park for a couple hours on Good Friday. I have never, never seen the park as crowded as it was that day. It was more crowded that I've seen it at peak times during the summer. We left the park by noon because the lines were way too long for us. Now the prices of the food - that's another story. I agree the prices are very high.

On a very similar note, I took my dd into NYC for the weekend to see a show, etc. I was shocked at how expensive it was to ride the subway. I thought it would be cheaper than a taxi, but now I don't know. We only went one stop and I know it was over $5 for the two of us. I guess I'm still living in the days when the subway and Metro were like $1.:hippie:

The thing with the NYC subways, though, is that it would cost you the same to go from the Bronx to Brooklyn as it would to go one stop so while it might not have seemed worth it for one stop, the price isn't so bad if you're going far....and especially if you compare it to the cost of parking in midtown :scared1:

Helen

We are thinking of going to Hershey Park this summer. We've never been there before and are unfamiliar with the area.

It seems like the common thought here is that their food is too expensive.

So does it make sense to leave the park and eat off-site? The six of us can eat at McDonalds for $30 or TGIFridays for $75.

Are there places to eat within a 20 minute drive?
How long does it take to re-enter the park?
If I leave, would I be able to get back into the park?
Would I have to pay for parking again?

Thanks in advance for your reply:flower3:

We are thinking of going to Hershey Park this summer. We've never been there before and are unfamiliar with the area.

It seems like the common thought here is that their food is too expensive.

So does it make sense to leave the park and eat off-site? The six of us can eat at McDonalds for $30 or TGIFridays for $75.

Are there places to eat within a 20 minute drive?
How long does it take to re-enter the park?
If I leave, would I be able to get back into the park?
Would I have to pay for parking again?

Thanks in advance for your reply:flower3:

Hand stamp for re-entry is allowed. Will have to tram back to car. That takes time. From parking lot out to left about 3 min is Pizza Hut, McD's, etc. 1 min to the right is outlets with Red Robin and such. No charge to park again if you have your parking stub. Re-park and tram will take some time. Plus they wind you around the whole lot to park, so that takes time. Plus, the park is spread out. Pretty good hike to exit from many spots, especially water area, Dueling Dragons, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter