Just back from first stay at Poly

:cool:
First, the ferry boat's horn woke me up a couple of times at night while wearing ear plugs, and then it started at 5:15 am with a shorter blast than the normal one
I always wondered about the noise from the ferries

I am so excited about our Poly standard studio stay in November but these type of reviews are becoming so common I'm beginning to second guess myself!! Are ALL the DVC studios having drainage issues? Which longhouse do you suggest? Also do all DVC studios at Poly have either a balcony or patio? that will be very important for us!

I feel the same way Kendallou! Our stay is in 21 days and I'm nervous about the conditions of the villas...at this rate I'm hoping we will get lucky and everything will work out okay. I was really looking forward to the walk-in shower. Blah.

I also hope someone is able to answers your questions as I am curious about those as well.

I do know that all the Poly studios do have a balcony or patio, no worries there.

I am so excited about our Poly standard studio stay in November but these type of reviews are becoming so common I'm beginning to second guess myself!! Are ALL the DVC studios having drainage issues? Which longhouse do you suggest? Also do all DVC studios at Poly have either a balcony or patio? that will be very important for us!

I feel the same way Kendallou! Our stay is in 21 days and I'm nervous about the conditions of the villas...at this rate I'm hoping we will get lucky and everything will work out okay. I was really looking forward to the walk-in shower. Blah.

I also hope someone is able to answers your questions as I am curious about those as well.

Our room was perfectly fine. No drainage issues.
As others mentioned, all PVB studios have either a balcony or studio.
My personal recommendation is to request Moorea for this year. If you get Moorea, you are guaranteed a garden view, plus it is great to walk along the beach to/from the GCH/pool. We will always hope to avoid Pago Pago, simply because half those rooms are parking lot view. Tokelau will have half the rooms facing the East pool construction which will not be done until winter 2016.

Our only issue with the room was the ferry horns, but we were lake view. Boat horns were minor. I believe our room had much poorer soundproofing than most. We could close everything tight and still hear neighbors on the balcony. When the door was open, they were talking normally. Likely a worker didn't do his job when he worked on our room.

DVD has already fixed some of the rooms that had shower drainage issues.

The key is for people to make sure to contact DVC member satisfaction with any issues that occur. They make sure to let the appropriate people know.

For what it is worth, DW loves BCV. At dinner, she told me PVB is now her favorite resort.

There are some reports of people contacting DVC member satisfaction about the power outage and receiving their points back for the night.

Please make sure to let DVC member satisfaction know about the problems you experienced.

I sent a email with the details to member satisfaction and received a call back from them last week. They had agreed that the issues were disappointing and they would follow up with the resort. We are due to return to PVB in October (booked before May's visit) and we were told that $150 would be credited to our room account on arrival. Hopefully they do follow up with the resort and we arrive to a fully cleaned and operational room in October.

Disney seems to really want to sell the new active resorts and not the closed resorts, not even VGF. It might be a commission issue, tax issue, internal sales index issue, bonus issue. There may be a policy that new to be built resorts aren't funded until the a certain sales number has been made on the existing resort.

Who knows, just wait and buy resale.

:earsboy: Bill

Guide was happy to put me on a waitlist for any of the other sold out resorts BCV BW BLT etc or sell me points there and then for some of the other resorts but the VGF list is closed.

I can understand that from a sales perspective c;osing waitlists. Sell what you have inventory of and make the sale today vs. a maybe sale down the road when and if it is available. It is also easier to change your mind on a waitlist. While DVC is a lower pressure sale, compared to most timeshares (I'm sure there are exceptions), if you have a customer ready to pull the trigger you don't want to give them an out or a built in excuse. It also creates a sense of urgency on the buyers part...they might sell out if we don't buy soon! Not every buyer is pragmatic or does research to the validity of the a sales persons claim. I say all this, and in no way do I mean this in a disparaging way towards DVC's sales team, bottom line its a business and they have a product to sell.

I sent a email with the details to member satisfaction and received a call back from them last week. They had agreed that the issues were disappointing and they would follow up with the resort. We are due to return to PVB in October (booked before May's visit) and we were told that $150 would be credited to our room account on arrival. Hopefully they do follow up with the resort and we arrive to a fully cleaned and operational room in October.

Glad you were able to get a credit for the problems you went through. I have no evidence, but I do believe MS does a good job making sure to contact those involved. Hope you have a great stay in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter