Just back from Coronado Springs - great resort!

marciemi

DIS Veteran
I promised some folks I'd report on CSR when we got back. We really liked this resort. I think the best part of it is that it IS a convention resort, which means a lot of single rooms with quiet businesspeople. We requested a top floor room (ended up in building 3 of the casitas - back near the lake and quiet pool on the 4th floor). I never heard anyone back there - it was so quiet, and pretty in the morning.

During the day, I think this resort was MUCH emptier than others we've stayed at. Well, actually the people were around, but in the convention center, meetings, chairs on the grass (saw this a lot), NOT at the pools or on the buses. I think only once in 4 days did we take a bus with anyone else on it - even leaving the MK at closing time! Our bus passed an All Star bus with folks standing and packed in and we were like "UGH!" My kids were laying across the rows of 4 seats together in the front sleeping since there was no one else on the bus with us!

We liked the pool area a lot - even though it was really cold during our visit. The water slide was fun, whirlpool was hot, kids loved the water basketball. All would have been nicer with about 20 degrees warmer weather, but still! The hammocks are cool, and although we never had time, the boats, bikes, etc. looked like fun.

Sorry we never had time to eat in the Pepper Market. It looked nice when we walked through it. And the resort is big. They closed the access road to the Casitas off the second day we were there and we had to drive all the way around the other direction past all the Cabanas, Ranchos, and some Casitas and it seemed like a LONG way, even in a car. But I think that seemed to make it seem more private and luxurious, especially with the ponds and nice scenery.

I'll be glad to answer any questions!

So glad you had a great time. We too enjoyed the fact that the resort visitors were mostly business people. It was almost like we had the place to ourselves back in Oct. You would have liked the Pepper Market. Large portions, so order one thing to split for sure! Welcome to the CSR club! :cheer2:

thank you so much for the review. the more i hear about it, the more excited i am that my friend and i are staying there in march! :Pinkbounc

Glad you enjoyed it. We also enjoyed it a great deal :cloud9: . It was our first visit to Disney and we didn't really know what to expect. This resort was excellent :cheer2: . We plan on staying there again in the near future. :flower1:

I've always wanted to try this resort. Thank you for the review and glad that you had a great time!

We really enjoyed the resort when we stayed there too. It was very clean and pretty. My only complaint was that everything was so spread out, but I don't mind a little walking, so it wasn't too big of a deal. It's my favorite moderate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter