Just back from CBR - review

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Just a quick review from our stay at CBR.

Stayed in room 4505 in Jamaica - building 45 -1st floor. We had a court yard view, basicly we were right on the courtyard, great for sitting outdside enjoying the weather, the beds were comfortable, and mousekeeping was spot on, very clean, reqested extra towels from mousekeeping and was granted,( I did tip daily). This room was so close to the bridge that goes over to Port Royale about a 2 to 3 min walk, and about 15 steps to the ice machine. This was great at night when getting ice for a cold drink. Landscaping was so beautiful, parking lot clean. Every CM that we encountered was smiling and super nice, everyone took a moment to tell my mom happy birthday, she was celebrating 70 years young. The walk over the bridge to Port Royale was wonderful, it was just beautiful!!!!:thumbsup2

Postive - if you have small children this would be a good place to let them get out of the room, and into the court yard, and have a quick breakfast and while you could have coffee, super relaxing in the morining. We saw one couple with 2 small kiddos about 4 and 6 trading off, dad came out to switch with the mom, and mom said she was heading to the shower. Kids were finishing up breakfast and coloring. Dad looked liked in was enjoying his down time and just talking to his children.

Negitive - Really the only 2 negitives 1) the light in the walk ways, they were super bright and lit up the room at night, and the curtains, did not seem to cover the windows, so I took a hair clip the kind with teeth and chip clip to hold the curtains in place, to block out the light. Worked well. 2) the other was a gentleman was on the phone early around 5:00 am talking on the phone and smoking walking up and down the walk way, we could hear him talking and could smell the smoke in the room. But I did hear a woman come out of the room and tell him to be quite and he did move into the courtyard. I am a very lite sleeper soooo, the smallest noise wakes me up.

Overall a great stay, will stay here again.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at CBR. I truly is our favorite Moderate. Jamaica 45 is our favorite location also. We like the lovely yellow color of the buildings and the beautiful stroll over the bridge to OPR!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the CBR. We've stayed in Jamaica several times and loved the location too.

Glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed CBR. Our first stay onsite was at CBR and we loved everything about it. It's a beautiful resort and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again :).

Glad to hear you had a good experience! We are staying there in June for the third time, and I'm hoping for Jamaica.

Glad you had a great stay at CBR! It is our favorite resort, and Jamaica 45 is our favorite village, too!

Yay! Thanks for the review! Can't wait to be there in 18 days! First time back since I was 8!

Thank you for the review! Now we're considering requesting Jamaica 45 when we go in June.

Thanks for your review! Will be checking in on Feb 18th for our third stay there and agree Jamaica is a great village to stay in.

Glad to hear that you had a great stay. We will be at CBR 2-23 thru 3-1. This will be our first time staying at CBR. We paid for a preferred room. Would you suggest Martinique or Trinidad North?

Thanks for the report. This will be my first time staying at CBR. I am excited and nervous about it at the same time. I am going out of my comfort zone. But this is a special kids free trip so it needs to be unique.

Sounds wonderful!!! WE will be staying at CBR again in NOvember. Haven't stayed there since 1999. I am very excited to go there again. We loved it in the past, just wanted to try other resorts. :goodvibes

when you book preferred room, where/what building is that? Is that Jamaica, anyone know?
Looking to stay near main building/food etc what would you suggest?

TIA

Added
I just found a map and I see a lot of designated smoking areas. Is there an area that is Not smoking, or it just an area at like every building ??
For us the issue is make or break the resort so your help would greatly be appreciated!!

I love CBR! The only negative thing is having to walk through the designated smoking areas. It wasn't a huge problem, but my nieces have asthma, so walking through those areas was rough for them. Once, there wasn't even anyone there---just a discarded lit cigarette one the walkway.

There may have been an alternate route to go around them, but I didn't fine one.

However, we would definitely go back....it's a beautiful resort, and we love everything else about it!!!

I love CBR! The only negative thing is having to walk through the designated smoking areas. It wasn't a huge problem, but my nieces have asthma, so walking through those areas was rough for them. Once, there wasn't even anyone there---just a discarded lit cigarette one the walkway.

There may have been an alternate route to go around them, but I didn't fine one.

However, we would definitely go back....it's a beautiful resort, and we love everything else about it!!!

Thanks for posting about the smoking issue...I appreciate your candor...
May be a bust for us :headache:

Great! Glad you and your family had a nice and relaxing vacation at CBR! Thanks for the trip report! :)

How was the busing when you were there. We have stayed before and the buses were so packed that you couldn't squeeze a pea in btwn people.
One thing I did not like about the resort. But loved everything else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter