Just back from BLT..

jpolak

DIS Veteran
and what a great time we had. Did on line check in and it worked great. Walked into the contemp. and the CM was waiting for me with packet in hand. Just as a side while we were there they moved BLT check in to BLT although the hours are limited. First we had a great room. Booked a lake view and DW wanted a lower floor. We ended up in room 7204 which had a nice view of the side of the lake. We could see all the boats heading to work in the morning. It alos provided a great view of Wishes. It was so nice to sit in the room and watch the show instead of dealing with the crowds afterwards.

The room was clean and in perfect order. Mouse keeping did forget to leave us dish soap, but no big deal. We usually go this week but since our APs were going to expire we went a week earlier and it was a bit more crowded. FP enforcement is in full effect so don't even think about showing up late. Weather was standard August Florida weather. Hot, humid and an afternoon thunderstorm other than that no problems.

Oh, one thing that was slightly annoying. BLT shares busses with the Poly so making that extra stop when going to DHS or Ak was not so great. Although on the return trip BLT lets off first. Now we have to wait until January to book our next stay.

Oh forgot to mention that the shower in the second bath was terrible. The water came out so hard it felt like being hit with needles. Only used the tub to give the kids a bath. The rain shower in the master bath was fantastic.

Sounds like you had a great stay at BLT. I stayed there in September 2010 and also had a lake view with a view of Wishes. It was a fantastic location. Now that I have made the rounds of all the other DVC resorts I would love to head back there. :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed your stay. BLT is our home resort but we have not stayed there yet. We have our first stay for 9 nights this December. Can't wait!

This trip we did not go to TOWL. We lucked out and were able to see the fireworks from our room. Water parade although we could hear the music we couldnt see from the room. I think it's on the other side closer to the contemp. As for tips if you want to be on the same floor as the bridge to the contep you want to request the 5th floor at BLT. When going to AK you want to give yourself a little extra time the bus will stop at the poly and then Blizzard beach before heading to AK. Other than that nothing I can think of. We used the boats to go and meet friends at the camprground. Walked to MK, and jumped on the monorail to go to Epcot. Have a blast.

Glad you had a good time...I am hoping to stay at BLT next April to complete my DVC rounds! We can book next week!

Which would be the best room to request for a standard view studio if we would like to see the fireworks from MK or Epcot?

Also, if we are not part of the vacation club is it more difficult to get a good room. I read a post that said room 7514 is a standard view room with a view of the fireworks but I read some where else that only vacation club members get placed above the 3rd floor.

Thanks for your help.

Liz

Now we have to wait until January to book our next stay.
QUOTE]

Sorry to hijack your TR - but I am looking at renting DVC points for BLT to use for a vacation in either November 2013 or January 2014 - my understanding with your comment, is I wouldn't be able to enquire about availablilty to rent until 2013? Is there a specific amount of days/months prior to your vacation date that you can book? :confused3

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter