Just back from 8 nights at GF!!!

2princessintraining

Mouseketeer
Just back from our spring vacation. this was our first time at the GF. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. We loved it. DH and DD had a great time. (5 & 7 yr old). The parks were crowded, but we found only one day unbearable and went back to the resort. We had a dormer room was an upgrade. What was even better was the view. The magic kingdom. We saw wishes everynight from our balcony. We also got a cake delivered to us for our 10th wedding anniversary as a surprise. We stayed in Boca Chica in room 8443. It was beautiful. The people were friendly, the staff was helpful. The only problem was with the AC in the room, we like it cold so the room had to be bypassed, but that only lasted for 48hrs, so they had to come back twice to do this. But it was done quickly, and without any problems or attitudes. The girls loved coming back to the "turndowned" rooms with the choclates every night. I cannot wait to go again....maybe next year!! princess:

Welcome to the DIS! :wave:

Sounds like you had a great stay at the GF! Thanks for sharing :)

Karen

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, 2Princessintraining! But I have a question...what does it mean bypass the room to make the air conditioner cold. My DH and I also like it cold in the room and we will be at the GF for New Years Eve. Thanks much!

When we stayed at the GF in 2002, the A/C was on a motion detector . . .to save on A/C costs.

We couldn't figure it out the first night, but then we just left the ceiling fan on and that kept the A/C on during the night while sleeping and when we left to go to the parks, although the mousekeeper did turn the fan off one day and when we returned to the room the A/C wasn't running.

It's a good idea, but I rather come in from the hot Florida sun to a cool room without having to play with the motion detector.

Thanks, the GF is one of only a couple of places we have not stayed in. Glad for your positive stay.

We stayed in Boca Chica also. For all the people who say it's not for kids, we are another family who will disagree. We loved the GF and will stay there again sometime!! I'm so glad you loved it.

Cutkatcar

Is there a zero entry pool or kiddie pool? New pool was not complete at my last stay. Also are refrig still complimentary?Thanks!

Gald to hear of your nice stay! We're trying this resort for the first tme, and are hoping for a nice stay also.

alexandram - there is a zero entry pool, it is the new pool.

Im glad you had a great stay at GF. We can't wait to go back. We're booked July 20-25. If AP codes are good, maybe a little longer. By the way I totally agree with the person who said GF is for kids. My three kids love GF. It's not stuffy at all. Funny thing about the pools, my two littlest ones actually preferred the quiet pool.

I convinced DH to stay at the GF in October. He thinks it will be too stuffy :rolleyes: , but has agreed to try it for me. :teeth: I have always wanted to stay here so I am really excited! DD and MIL will be with us too. It should be a great time! :)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a good time.

Allison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter