Just back from 7-night Eastern on the Fantasy (Concierge)! Ask me whatevs.

The verandahs are divided by solid partitions, but they can be opened (by the crew) if you have adjoining staterooms. So, for example, staterooms 12006 (1 bedroom suite) and 12008 (verandah family stateroom) have a connecting door, and their verandah divider can be opened to create a single large verandah as well. (See next post for photo.)

For Caribbean/Bahamian cruises, I prefer starboard for 2 very specific reasons: (1) you get a really nice view of Castaway Cay from your verandah and (2) you can watch the fireworks from your verandah on pirate night. Beyond that, port vs starboard really is just personal choice. For no particular reason, we had starboard staterooms for our first 4 cruises. This last cruise, we stayed on port side and it felt a little disorienting at first, but I didn't notice any difference beyond that. (As you may know, deck 11 only has rooms on the port side.)

We prefer deck 12 because of the proximity to the Concierge Lounge, because we spend a lot of time in there. I didn't notice any noise from the sundeck on deck 13, which is adults-only.

Thank you so much for your response! This is really helpful. We are going on the Fantasy June 2016 with 15 people. This helped make our decision to move to concierge. Thanks!

Thank you so much for your response! This is really helpful. We are going on the Fantasy June 2016 with 15 people. This helped make our decision to move to concierge. Thanks!

You're welcome. You are going to have a wonderful trip!

my first question was regarding the internet, only because I am in Graduate school and will have an on-line class
during my cruise. I know there is 100MB of free, but I will have to be on line for about an hour daily, do I need more?
also, this is my first cruise, will concierge recommend any excursions that I might be interested in? I was
interested in the Chocolate factory tour in Cozumel. I also want a cabana on the adult beach. I plan on contacting 120 days out from my 125 days.
also i will be in room 12004, how is veranda size?
sorry for all the questions!

I guess how much internet you need will depend on what you will be doing online. An hour a day online is almost certainly going to go burn more than the free package. And if you're going to be streaming video or anything like that, I suspect you will wind up buying one or more of the 1 GB plans, which are (if I remember right) $90 each. The other thing you need to know is that internet speed on the ship varies greatly depending on factors including weather and ship position. If you have specific times you have to be online, you may want to let your instructors know that it may not always be something you can control.

In terms of selecting your excursions, I suggest reading the reviews of them on TripAdvisor.com.

Call or email Shoreside Concierge 125 days before your sailing date to request excursions, cabana, and special dining (Palo or Remy).

If I remember correctly, 12004 is a Concierge Family Verandah room, so the verandah is about 40 square feet, enough room for 2 chairs and a small table to put your drinks on.

my first question was regarding the internet, only because I am in Graduate school and will have an on-line class
during my cruise. I know there is 100MB of free, but I will have to be on line for about an hour daily, do I need more?
also, this is my first cruise, will concierge recommend any excursions that I might be interested in? I was
interested in the Chocolate factory tour in Cozumel. I also want a cabana on the adult beach. I plan on contacting 120 days out from my 125 days.
also i will be in room 12004, how is veranda size?
sorry for all the questions!

If your class is streamed video, and even if it is not, you are probably going to need more than 100 MB. Video can use up a Gig an hour sometimes. And, on ship it will usually be SLOW.

That said, you can use your free allotment and then if you need more buy more. the challenge will be guessing how much you need.

One thing you could do is track how much a class session uses when you are home. That will give you an idea how much you may need on board ship.

SW

Just back from a fantastic 7-night voyage on the Fantasy...Eastern Caribbean itinerary C (St Maarten, San Juan, Castaway Cay).

Captain was Cpt. Thord Haugen (Commodore Tom had just left for the Magic :( ).

Cruise Director was Darren.

Concierge Hosts were Julia, Kemisha, and PJ. Julia left for her vacation at the end of our cruise, with Amanda replacing her. Kemisha is leaving on vacation next Saturday; not sure who will be replacing her.

Weather was perfect (mid to upper 70s for the most part) and seas were good.

Happy to answer any questions.

Is the Fantasy super rocky in concierge as you move toward the front of the ship?

Is the bump out verandah worth the potential rocking?

Is the view blocked from 12512 or 12012 since the next cabin's verandah bumps out more?

What is the grey area outside of 12020 and 12520?

Can you access the concierge lounge from both starboard and port sides? I.e. where is the door to the lounge?

Thank you!

Is the Fantasy super rocky in concierge as you move toward the front of the ship?

I do not find it to be "super rocky", but I may be the wrong person to ask since I am not particularly bothered by ship motion in general.

Again, since I'm not bothered by motion, I'm probably the wrong person to ask. The bigger verandah is nice, but if you think being on a high deck and far forward is going to make your inner ears go bonkers, then I wouldn't say it's worth it.

Is the view blocked from 12512 or 12012 since the next cabin's verandah bumps out more?

It doesn't really bump out that much more. The bump is exaggerated on the deck diagrams.

Can you access the concierge lounge from both starboard and port sides? I.e. where is the door to the lounge?

See diagram. The three red dots are the locations of entrances to the Lounge...one off the forward elevator lobby and one off each cabin hallway. From the elevator lobby entrance, a hallway (arrow) leads into the Lounge. The gray areas on either side of that hallway (and also the gray area just forward of the Lounge) are crew areas.

The "X" denotes the door that leads to a staircase up to the Concierge Sundeck. Since you can key into the Concierge Sundeck from deck 13 and then come down the stairs into the Lounge, it is technically a 4th entrance.

DCL_DeckPlans_Dream_Fantasy_png.jpg

Last edited:
Julia and Kamisha are my all time favorite concierge hosts hands down

Well we weren't concierge, but Julia and Kamisha sure made us feel like we were! Our friends were in 12020 and we spent time with them in their stateroom. Julia would bring extra beers from the lounge to the room when we were there and gifts for all the kids.

Thanks so much for offering to answer questions!! I know they make smoothies during happy hour, but do you know if they will make mocktails?

Any ideas what the concierge host schedule is for next year? I am really hoping Julia, Kemisha, and PJ will be together!

:thanks:

I do not find it to be "super rocky", but I may be the wrong person to ask since I am not particularly bothered by ship motion in general.

Again, since I'm not bothered by motion, I'm probably the wrong person to ask. The bigger verandah is nice, but if you think being on a high deck and far forward is going to make your inner ears go bonkers, then I wouldn't say it's worth it.

It doesn't really bump out that much more. The bump is exaggerated on the deck diagrams.

See diagram. The three red dots are the locations of entrances to the Lounge...one off the forward elevator lobby and one off each cabin hallway. From the elevator lobby entrance, a hallway (arrow) leads into the Lounge. The gray areas on either side of that hallway (and also the gray area just forward of the Lounge) are crew areas.

The "X" denotes the door that leads to a staircase up to the Concierge Sundeck. Since you can key into the Concierge Sundeck from deck 13 and then come down the stairs into the Lounge, it is technically a 4th entrance.

DCL_DeckPlans_Dream_Fantasy_png.jpg

You're the best! I would never have been able to find this information on my own. The diagram is fantastic. Thank you!

Thanks so much for offering to answer questions!! I know they make smoothies during happy hour, but do you know if they will make mocktails?

Any ideas what the concierge host schedule is for next year? I am really hoping Julia, Kemisha, and PJ will be together!

:thanks:

Yes, the bartender made lots of non-alcoholic drinks during the happy hours.

Hard to say. Julia is on vacation as of last weekend, and her next contract is actually going to be on the Magic. Kemisha goes on vacation tomorrow.

sorry for being a little obtuse, if we are concierge do i still need to send the email at midnight ? thought that was the benefit of the room, or will sending info saturday morning satisfy our requests ? thanks ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter