Just back from 4 Night Wonder... any questions?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by meandmad, Jan 19, 2006.

1. meandmad

meandmad Mouseketeer

Hi! Just returned from the 4 night Wonder that docked today. Will be glad to answer any questions. I have the Navigators but will be unable to scan them until early next week. :earsgirl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Amlee

Amlee <font color=red>Nobody likes me, Everyone hates m

My family and I are sailing on the 29th. I was wondering what night the formal night is on?

4. ohiominnie

ohiominnie <font color=teal>It's interesting when you google

Only one question....

Didja have fun????

5. Scratch42

Scratch42 <font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go

Which night was Pirate Night!

I have a funny feeling I will be wearing my Pirate Gear to Palo! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

And,

Did you have fun!

janet

6. Amlee

:wave: I forgot to ask that one also!

7. meandmad

meandmad Mouseketeer

Dress up night was Monday, the night of the Golden Mickeys. This is also Nassau port day. :goodvibes

8. meandmad

meandmad Mouseketeer

A blast! Thanks for asking.

9. meandmad

meandmad Mouseketeer

Pirate Night was the third night, the Castaway Cay port day. In addition to your regular dinner, there will also be a pirate themed buffet around 10:00 pm with amazing desserts. The fireworks were awesome -- we watched them from our balcony because we were too pooped for the party. :rotfl:

10. Amlee

:rolleyes: Why do they do that? Your rushed to do all this stuff in Nassau and then your rushed to get back in time for formal night!

but thanks for the information! :cool1:

Any complaints or suggestion for me that I should know about?

11. meandmad

meandmad Mouseketeer

I have to say I was disappointed with the choice for formal night too. I felt the at sea day would have been best for allowing lots of time. The only logic I can see is almost a process of elimination. No one wants to dress up the first night. Castaway Cay day is the pirate party. The last night is the Disney Dreams show. That leaves the second night for the Golden Mickeys and dress up night.

Can't say that I have any complaints other than them having the nerve to force us off the ship the last day ;-).

Best advice I read and followed -- use the over the door hangers. HUGE space saver.

Also, we were in cabin 6586 and highly recommend it. Midship, close enough to a small laundry but not directly across. Plus, being on that side of the ship, you can watch the fireworks.

12. klabold

klabold Earning My Ears

First time cruiser next month on this same cruise,

1 question:

We have heard great things about Palo and great things about the final show. Which should you do, the good food or the good show??? We currently have reservations for the final night to eat at Palo at 7:00. What time are the shows? Any chance of doing both?

Thanks! Glad you had fun!! We are psyched!!

Kim

13. southjerseymom

southjerseymom Mouseketeer

I am soo confused....I thought "dress up" night was when your rotation was in Triton's. So I take it from your post everybody (including characters) gets dressed up on Monday - no matter where you eat that night. Do I finally have it right?? Thanks for helping this poor confused person!

14. Amlee

You have the dress up night right. Everyone will have the same formal night but at different resturants.

15. Superslew

Superslew Earning My Ears

So exactly how dressed up are you supposed to be? :confused3

16. alikat99

alikat99 <font color=red>NO! Don't make me go to Super WalM

My understanding is that Dress-Up night on the Wonder is not so much "formal" night as it is on the Magic. I would say that it would be the dressier of all the nights on board.

17. Scratch42

Scratch42 <font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go

As dressed up as you want to be!

I for one will wear a Cocktail type dress with this awesome shawl that I bought before Christmas.

janet

18. meandmad

meandmad Mouseketeer

The shows are at 6:15 and 8:15. Depending on what time you have your reservation at Palo's, you could still make one of the shows. The show on the last night is Disney Dreams and is NOT to be missed. We skipped the magician on the Castaway Cay day just because we've seen plenty already.

19. meandmad

meandmad Mouseketeer

Yes, you have it right. Everyone dresses up on Nassau night regardless of your restaurant rotation.

20. mm lover in Ia

mm lover in Ia Spending time w/ the kids

Is a jacket required for the guys or is a shirt and tie enough for semi-formal night?

21. disneylover5

disneylover5 <font color=blue>I am ready to go now as well<br><

What was the weather like in Nassau?