Just Back from 2/20 - 2/27 Western- Where 'plan B' eventually became 'plan w'

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by shinez, Feb 28, 2010.

1. shinez

shinez If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, then y

Hi All!
    Exhaused and back from the Magic- detours, changes and big surf made for a trip with a lot of stories! First time cruisers are back! Newbies, we can help with questions!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. platinumcruzer

platinumcruzer Addicted to DCL

Do I dare ask the details?

4. DisFamily10

DisFamily10 Earning My Ears

What shore excursions did you do? How were they? What do wish you would have packed?

5. shinez

Too funny!! Daring to ask details! We did have 2 out of 6 come down with 'something'- a 24 hour vomiting thing...but we found out if you contact the ships nurse, you quite possibly all could be quarintined for 3 days, so we had the sick one hibernate in the cabin and got room service- it was a little tight! Also, if I did this again I would NOT book my excursions till the morning- no weather reports were ever given, really- and getting re-routed from Grand Cayman to Nassau really screwed things up- then we went to Atlantis (at 160 a pop) and it was sunny but the wind was blowing between 35-45 mph- really!! It was FREEZNG! So, I would plan what I really wanted to do- pick 3 for each port and wing it that day..would save a BUNDLE of stress and $$! We also packed WAY to much..the over the door thingy was great, as well as a nightlight- do pack a travel alarm clock or i just used my phone... the shelving thing, didn't need that- a shawl is a smart thing for the dining rooms and shows- can get chilly!! Also- get the PATCH!! We were a rockin and a rolling!!

6. tigger2002

tigger2002 DIS Veteran

How was the weather and water at Cozumel and Castaway Cay?

<

7. shinez

Cozumel was fantastic, went to Nachi Comun? A private beach club with only 100 ppl- which was nice- Cozumel the town was a pit- people harassing you every 3 feet to buy junk- kids felt nervous- Castaway Cay was Beautiful!! A perfect 10!! Warm water, blue skies, and ice cream!! A great way to end the cruise!! We were figuring with our luck, we wouldn't be able to dock...but it was seamless!!

8. mousefan64

mousefan64 Keep Moving Forward

Glad you still had fun

9. spygeocacher

spygeocacher Earning My Ears

What a great way to end the cruise, I agree!:thumbsup2 The whole family loved Castaway Cay and can't wait to hopefully try to do our next Disney Cruise.:thumbsup2 Thank you everyone for the FE, the kids loved all of the gifts!:goodvibes

10. jimmyc17

jimmyc17 Earning My Ears

Glad to hear it.