Just back!! Dress code and "kid" report.

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Just got back and, once I get the lawn mowed, etc will have reviews of some especially fine dining. Meanwhile--of interest to many is the dress code at the "signature" restaurants. I made a special attempt to look over the entire restaurant each time we had dinner at a signature (which was every night) just to see exactly what people were wearing.
In sum, the dress code was not being enforced anywhere. I saw pool style flip-flops, cut-offs, t-shirts, a few tank tops, some baseball hats, and short shorts. The only thing I didn't see were bathing suits or any "torn" clothing.
Should add that the folks actually in business casual were about 80% of the total overall. That's just an estimate of course, but I think it's close. And of those men in business casual, shorts and collared shirts were just as numerous as slacks and collared shirts. Except at Caliifornia Grill, I don't recall seing anyone in a jacket, and very few ladies in a dress.
As for the kids--they were everywhere and of all ages!! Probably the fewest at Blue Zoo and the most (amazingly I thought) at Citricos. Pleased to say that all were well behaved and no problems with screaming, playing tag around the tables, throwing food, etc--just normal kid behavior.

Speaking of protocol....

...since when does lawn mowing come before trip reports?

You seriously need to work on those priorities...

:lmao:

Hi Uncleromulus-- I always look forward to and enjoy your dining reviews.
Hurry! :)

ExPirateShopGirl said:
Speaking of protocol....

...since when does lawn mowing come before trip reports?

You seriously need to work on those priorities...

:lmao:
Yeh i agree priorities! reviews before work espically borring work like mowing the lawn.

Thanks from someone who takes their kids to a signature restaurant at least once a trip! My DD 4 will probably be aghast if she sees someone sloppily dressed! She LOVES to dress up for what she calls "fancy" restaurants! I really believe my kids behave better when they are dressed nicer! Can't wait for the reviews!

Another DISser looking forward to your reviews. :thumbsup2

The only two signature restaurants we dined at this past week were Jiko and California Grill. I completely forgot to observe at Jiko but did notice at CG that almost everyone I saw was adhering to the code. I did see two gentlemen in black T-shirts and one of those had that semi turtleneck collar...what are those called? Anyway they looked "neat and pretty" so I'm sure there was no problem being seated.

We also had lunch at Black Derby which you've pointed out has the signature dress code now as well. I didn't pay much attention but can't imagine that most people there dressed up for lunch beyond whatever they normally wear in the parks.

Interesting about Citricos. We didn't have dinner there this time but have noticed that as it seems to become more popular, more families are dining there as well. How full was it this trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter