Just Back - Dining Review

Jiminy'sGirl

DIS Veteran
We spent Nov 1-8 stuffing our faces all over Disney World and were on the whole very pleased. We had my parens with us, who hadn't been to WDW since the 80s and didn't know what to expect - they loved the food. We were on the regular DP.

Nov 1 - Shutters @ CBR
I booked this only because my parents were flying in late and we had a full day the following day. I didn't want to be running all over the place to eat this night. Our ADR was for 6:30 and we didn't sit down until 7:30. The place was in a full blown tizzy. The servers and host staff were completely flustered. Not really sure what was going on there. The food was much better than I was expecting. I was expecting terrible based on reviews. I had the short ribs and they were fabulous. Others in my party had the steak and the roast chicken and really enjoyed both. I didn't love the dessert selection but others loved the PB banana cake. All in all I'd say this is a good meal, though they need to get their seating worked out. Or maybe it was an isolated occurrence.. who knows.

Nov 2 - Chef Mickeys
I booked this for traditions sake. We love the characters and location and napkin twirling party. The food, however, was actually better than usual. The salmon was cooked perfectly and we always love the mashed potatoes. I could eat just those. The dessert selection here is great.

Nov 3 - Raglan Road
AMAZING. We all agreed this was a great meal. The desserts were fanstastic and I am not even a big sweets eater. I had the apple crumble thing and wow it was amazing. The Serious Steak was enjoyed by several of us. The kids also enjoyed their meals there. My son, 10, had the adult burger and loved it. I had a bite and it was really great. The Irish dancers are fun!!! We will definitely be going back here.

Nov 4 - Akershus and Biergarten
The cold bar at Akershus was really good. We love smoked fish. I had the open face beef sandwich and it was small, but seeing as I had been eating huge portions for three days I probably needed that! It was pretty good, though. The squash soup was not great. The princesses seemed rushed and distracted. The princess processional was cute and my daughter got to hold hands with Ariel. She was in heaven. The free family pic with Belle is a nice touch.

Biergarten was a very happy surprise. We all loved it. There is something for everyone here. The buffet is a good mix of comfort food and German specialties. The service was great and the band was so fun. We loved the pretzel rolls and spaetzle. Will definitely be returning for this meal again. Great use of a dining credit.

Nov 5 - BlueZoo @ Dolphin
FABULOUS. Wow. The beef tenderloin was out of this world. Oysters were perfect. We adored this meal. Not cheap, but so very worth it. Great drink selection too. The kids loved their dessert.

Nov 6 - 50s PT
Food was good as always. The service was rushed, not a lot of hijinks. We could hear the CM at the tales behind us however, and he was so funny it made up for it! Dad's brownie sundae, as ridiculously huge as it is, got great reactions from the kids and adults alike.

Nov 7 - Tony's
I ended up having to cancel Ohana at the last second due to a conflict and this was about all I could replace it with. I wanred everyone that it would be bad, but it was ok. My dad got the chicken parm and it was really really good. The canneloni was deemed "pretty good" by my husband. I had the shrimp pasta and it was not bad. The ambiance here was cute and I loved how non-crowded and relaxed it felt. For that reason this may be a hidden gem.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for the reviews! :D. I do have a question about Tony's... I've heard many many times that the food is only meh. If I went, I would mostly be going because Lady and the Tramp is one of my top two favorite Disney movies. So, I'd mostly be going for the atmosphere. Do you think that would be enough for me to enjoy my dinner there? I'm not at all a picky eater, and will eat just about anything other than seafood or mushrooms. I'm also not a foodie type, but I love to eat, and enjoy simple places like T-Rex as much as fancier places. Thanks in advance for your thoughts! :)

If you like Carraba's or Olive Garden or macaroni Grill I think you will like Tony's just fine! The Lady and the Tramp statue is super cute.... it was even dressed up for Christmas. A waiter cam out and sang Bella Note to a honeymooning and it was very sweet. Also, L and the T are drawn in chocolate on the dessert plates - very nicely done. We enjoyed it.

thanks so much for your reviews...
We too love Biergarten and go every trip...we love the fun with the band and watching the kids dance..
Thanks so much for your reviews..

Jiminy'sGirl said:
If you like Carraba's or Olive Garden or macaroni Grill I think you will like Tony's just fine! The Lady and the Tramp statue is super cute.... it was even dressed up for Christmas. A waiter cam out and sang Bella Note to a honeymooning and it was very sweet. Also, L and the T are drawn in chocolate on the dessert plates - very nicely done. We enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer :). I think I'll give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter