Just back - CSR May 11 - 19th

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Clang, May 19, 2007.

1. Clang

Clang Mouseketeer

We just got back this afternoon!

We stayed at Coranodo Springs for the first time. The resort is STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! We were in Casitas 5. We had a car...so the location was fine. We did not ride the buses....but saw them all the time. My boys - DS9, DS6 & DH LOVED the Dig Site pool! We also enjoyed our quiet pool near the room. Mousekeeping was fine, our room was clean enough, and most importantly it was READY when we checked in at 11:30 am.

BUT NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE NO MICKEY ICE CREAM BARS AT CSR!!!!!! WAH!!!!!! What's up with that?????

Seriously, though CSR has become DH's Favorite!!!! We all enjoyed it very much.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. bluerendezvous

bluerendezvous DIS Veteran

We will be there next week! Can't wait!

4. wdw-ocd

wdw-ocd DIS Veteran

Gald to hear you had such a good time. We'll be at CSR in July and I just can't wait!:banana:

5. DreaminDisney

DreaminDisney <font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL

Glad to hear you liked it. We're staying there in December for 1st time.

6. rie'smom

rie'smom <font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y

We were in Casitas 5 too! It's one of the most beautiful resorts we've ever visited either in the states or in Europe.

7. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Wow!! This is so great to hear. My friend and I are staying there in September for Free Dining . . . but being the OCD person I am (;) ) I keep looking at other resorts and wondering . . .

It's not the outside of the resort - that looks stunning, it's the inside of the rooms. They look a little . . . uhm . . . too bright and "busy". :confused3 Am I the only one who thinks this?

Also, I am becoming very confused about location to request. We are renting a car and my friend suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, so we need to be reasonably close to the parking lot. Everyone raves about Cabana B, but that looks a little far away from the car. (I'm trying to not be resentful of my friend's condition, but I would have loved a waterview from that location) I absolutely love the outside looks of the Casitas, but the last thing I want to hear are partying conventioners. Even with my "sound" machine, I hear EVERYTHING. :headache: I also think the Ranchos look interesting, but they also look hot with no lush vegetation.

Oh why, oh why, do we torture ourselves with our decisions?:sick:

8. rie'smom

Most of the time,the convention people are in Casitas 1. We were in casitas 5 and were never bothered. Casitas 5 has a parking lot right outside the door. Just call and explain that you have a medical request and ask to be near the parking lot. We had what was probably the most beautiful parking lot view ever!:rotfl: The landscaping is so lush that you couldn't see the lot.

9. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the info. I had seen an aerial view of the grounds and noticed that Casita building was very close to the parking lot. (verified building number from buzz2001 site). Thanks again . . . so it is either Casita 5 to accommodate my friend . . . or Cabana 9B to accommodate me (for the waterview). :laughing: Actually, the photos of the Casita area are my favorite. :cloud9:

Did you eat at Mayas? If so, what did you think?

10. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Welcome back!!

11. Glad you had a good time. No Mickey Bars? How did I not notice that when we stayed there!?!?!?!? :confused3

"I like the Mickey Bars" :rotfl:

Welcome Back! :thumbsup2

12. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

cabana 8b would accommodate both of you. Great location and close to the parking lot.

[​IMG]

13. msn4693

msn4693 Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting. We will be vacationing at CSR this fall.

14. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

As someone who stayed frequently at CR during their bright and colorful phase, I don't find CSR to be bad at all. But, then, I usually remove the bedspreads right away when I check in, and that takes a lot of the bright and busy away.

15. aamob

aamob Mouseketeer

We will be arriving around 1:00. Do they ever allow early check-ins or will we have to wait until 3:00?

16. rie'smom

If the room is ready,you can check-in.

17. Praise2Him

Praise2Him DIS Veteran

Do they still have the old mugs or are the new ones there?

18. Lilolvr

Lilolvr DIS Veteran

It's my favorite too! Thanks for posting!!

19. MargoBoo

MargoBoo Earning My Ears

We will be there for Thanksgiving for our first time. I cannot wait! We requested Cabanas 8a, so we will see what we get. So glad you ahd a great trip.

Margo

20. bab31

bab31 DIS Veteran

Welcome back!

We stayed in Casitas 3 and didnt have any issues with loud anybodies!

21. Pig Pen

Pig Pen To all who have come to this happy place...welcome

I adore Casitas. The Palm Court is very cool, but a waterview room in Casitas 5 is to die for.

The rooms look much nicer in person than in photos. I was worried about the busy colors and patterns as well, but they seem to fit together perfectly!