Just back- CSR is wonderful!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by michelle1, Aug 29, 2006.

1. wirki

wirki If only I lived closer<br><font color="red">Looks

Hi wirki/Debbie, :wave:
    We'll be there in 22 days from 9/20 to 9/27. This is our first time staying at CSR too. Can't wait. We also have stayed at CBR once and didn't like it. However, POR was wonderful. I guess we might bump into you! :wave2: Hopefully no hurricanes![/QUOTE]

:wave:
    We are hoping for no hurricanes also. Last year we were at AKL for Wilma. The parks opened late but we were the only ones there. It was the best day ever at WDW. Not hoping for a repeat, just not crowded.
    See you by the pool!!

Debbie

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessJasmine08

PrincessJasmine08 <font color=magenta>That is insane! I had no idea

Thanks for the menu! I saw "waffle" and that was all I needed to see to know I will enjoy my breakfasts!

4. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Another satisfied DIS'er!! Welcome back!!

5. El&Asmom

El&Asmom DIS Veteran

So for the omlets, are they make to order where you can get what you want, or are they just the cheese/southwestern omlet?

6. praisehim5

praisehim5 Mouseketeer

We too will be leaving in 22 days. We have only stayed at FW campground so this will be a real treat. We cant wait to get there. Celebrating our 25th anniversary with out the kids. I've seen posts where they suggest you fax your requests 1 week before your arrivle. i am a little concerend they will think I am pushy. I don't want to come a across that way, but my husband needs a wheelchair and cant walk lond distances so we would like to be close to the pool and bus stop. Is that unreasonable to ask for? Also if some one has the fax # that would be great.

7. Praying Colonel

Praying Colonel DIS Veteran

praisehim, what we did was call CSR directly 5 days before our arrival. We told them exactly what we wanted and they entered it into their system. Worked like a charm! :thumbsup2

8. El&Asmom

El&Asmom DIS Veteran

So is this different from making a request thru Disney? We requested to be in 9B when we made our reservations. Would it help to call CSR directly to have it put in their system, or do they get the requests thru Disney?

9. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

It may be the same thing. If you call CSR directly, you end up with CRO. As long as you have your request on your ressie when you book your trip, and/or follow the instructions on allearsnet, you should be all set.

10. chloesmommy

chloesmommy Earning My Ears

Just so you know you guys are killing me :confused3 we dont leave till 12-1 and I am so excited 91 days to go. :banana: We upgrated from pop for $140 and was enduring a little critisim at work (everyone says you spend so little time in your room minimal is fine) but what do they know!!!!!!!!!!! Pool access 24/7 had me sold! :yay: Is there a gift shop or a place where I could buy a 1/2 gallon of milk? I love the DIS it is my only support system!!!!!! :grouphug: Thanks for all your wonderful knowledge!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

11. Letsbgoofy

Letsbgoofy DIS Veteran

Just back from CSR 8/30...it's a beautiful resort. Mousekeeping was excellent. The PM was a little confusing at first, but the food and choices are excellent. We never saw many people eating there; the most was 8/30 around 11:00 am when people were getting a late breakfast. We used the busses one day and they were very good. Going to the MK at 8:15 am, there were about 10 people on the bus. Coming back around 1:00pm, there were 5 people including us! Our room was in Casitas 3 - close to the food court and casita quiet pool, but a long walk from the main pool (which we weren't using anyway).

The only negative is that the resort is so big. I wouldn't want to stay in the Casita section if I was going to use the main pool, and I wouldn't want to stay near the main pool if I planned to use the food court. If I traveled when it's not so hot, it probably wouldn't matter to me if I had to walk, but I don't have young kids either.

12. adisneynut

adisneynut Guest

Glad to hear such good reviews. I hope those of you going soon will report back when you return home.

We don't go until 12/23. :sad2:

Thanks for sharing!!! :yay:

13. MissMichelle

MissMichelle DIS Veteran

I can't wait to add my review after my trip in 24 days!!!

Thanks for the positive reviews all...I am getting so excited I could scream!!!

14. iluveeyore

iluveeyore DIS Veteran

We stayed at CSR for two nights two weeks ago (switched from DVC resort for the weekend), so we transferred from OKW to CSR at 11 a.m. on Friday. Check-in was fine, except I had requested Cabanas (8b or 9a I believe), and he told us we couldn't stay there because we had adjoining room request (there were 7 of us). The only adjoining room available was 6 a in the ranchos - not the atmosphere or location I was hoping for, but oh well, it's only for two nights. Our luggage was being transferred in the afternoon, so we hiked over to our room (it would be so nice if they would have built a bridge over the main 'lake' to cut the walk in half). Only one of our rooms was ready, and it looked like the other one had been started so we all plunked down in one room for a while. I figured, check-in is at 3, so it should be done by then. Nope, 4 pm and they finally get to it (you think housekeeping would have been notified we were checked in and waiting). And still no luggage at 6 pm. (Not CSR fault, waiting from OKW) Finally showed up at 7 pm after a few phone calls. First morning, housekeeping knocks on door at 9:30 a.m. while we're all still sleeping (we have AP's so don't hit the parks too early). So on our check-in day, housekeeping cleans the same room at 4 p.m., and while we're in it, they want to clean at 9:30 a.m? DH said we'd be leaving before lunch and to come back then. We were back at 3:30, still neither room cleaned - went to the pool and came back at 5 p.m., still not done. Housekeeping guy that came to the door happened to be pushing a cart by the elevator and saw us going in - came over and said, "oh, would you like your rooms done now?" - duh, yes please! Suddenly 6 people show up and just go nuts cleaning the rooms. At this point it starts absolutely pouring rain. DH decides to go try the workout room. DD and I are the only ones left and had to wait for it to stop raining so hard to go the gift shop to buy donuts for breakfast. I didn't see any of the shuttle carts that are supposed to be available to scoot you around this huge place, and I didn't feel like riding a bus dripping wet with the a/c blasting, so we snugged under one umbrella and did the forever hike to the front.
    It is a beautiful resort, guess we just had no pixie dust on this trip or were spoiled by our OKW that we love so much.

15. Hope73

Hope73 DIS Veteran

I am really excited about csr. We have sayed at por adn Poly and I tink this hotel will be the best. I didn't find poly worth the extra money. We liked por but weren;t just overjoyed with it. I think this hotel just looks beautiful. The breakfast seems to be the most extensive of the other moderate parks. I am going to try and calll ahead and request a room. Thanks Jackie

16. paintnolish

paintnolish <font color=darkorchid>You'd think a sniff in the

We requested Cabanas 8b and got it. First floor, corner room, waterview. Very nice. Not too far from the front of the main pool, close to the bus stop and quiet pool. Cabanas 8b is our fave location.

17. LadyTrampScamp&Angel

LadyTrampScamp&Angel DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your reviews of CSR, glad you had a good time. It's one of the resorts we haven't been to yet, but plan to eventually :)

As for the cigarette butts and trash, that's certainly not just CSR, we saw the same thing at Pop in June. I agree with you, how hard is it to throw your trash away and not leave your butts on the ground? Some people are just lazy.

But I digress, CSR sounds beautiful, thanks again!

18. HACAM

HACAM Mouseketeer

Ooooohhhhh....I can't wait. :goodvibes 15 more days...it is killing me!!

I am so glad to hear all the great reviews about the resort...just makes me wish our trip was here sooner, but we do not have long to wait now! :wave:

19. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Thanks for sharing!!

20. bab31

bab31 DIS Veteran

So I do have a question, or two.

How are the beds? Are they like cheap motel 6 standard, I know I am not getting a feather bed. I am seriously considering sending an eggcart matress pad to the resort....ok a little over board!

Next question is there a toaster and microwave or nothing along that line?

Thanks
    looking forward to a decent nights sleep!
    Babs

21. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

The beds are new and nice. Very high off the ground and firm.