Just back Coronado Springs

Mandy1

Earning My Ears
Just back from 6 nights at Coronado Springs. The resort is absolutely beautiful, peaceful and serene. It was a nice break after the parks, heat and crowds each day. The resort is large enough that you do not feel people are all up on you. Plenty of chairs at the pool. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and everything is green and lush. Check in was a breeze, room ready early. No rpoblems with cards, tickets for luau ready upon check-in no problems. We ate at Maya Grill one night, cancelled reservations elsewhere, were just too tired to do buses again and travel out of the resort. Dinner that night was absolutely great. The atmosphere was great, quite, beautiful view of the lake and food was excellent. Pepper market easy to use and CM's quite helpful in there.

Buses ran fine most of the week. We only encountered problems on two mornings. Two days we walked over to Pepper Market to get breakfast and then walked out to bus stop #1 at the main lobby. Big mistake, both days. This is the last stop each time for the buses. By the time the buses came to this stop they were already full. We learned both days to walk back around to one of the other bus stops in order to get on. Both days we were there early. One day we were there at 7:30 to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom. We waited 30 minutes, 2 buses went by both full and we finally walked around to bus stop #2 and got a seat. The couple in front of us were highly upset, been there over an hour, they said 3 buses went out full to AK and were talking to a CM that didn't seem to know who to call or what to do. We just walked around to another bus stop. The second day the same thing was happening to MGM buses. This was 7:15 am. A bus came around so full another person could not get in. We just immediatley walked to bus stop #2 and got the next bus. My suggestion would be during this very busy time of year, that if you do breakfast at the main lobby, walk around to another bus stop. They seem to have more than enough buses going to MK but every other park seemed to be really full by the time it got to the last bus stop. This only seemed to be a problem very early in the day when most people were leaving for the parks. This was to only problem we encountered all week and I loved CS. The internal shuttle service is more than happy to take you anywhere you want to go. Several people asked them to take them, to another bus stop and they were happy to do it.

We enjoyed our stay here and liked it so much better than CB. It is the nicest of the moderates and more serene than some of the deluxe resorts. We will definitely being staying there again. Thanks to Buzz and his site which played a huge role in my decision to stay there. Every single question and picture you could possibly want is on his site.

I am glad you enjoyed the resort. I would like to try it too. What was it about the resort that made you rate it above CB? I love CB. I know that CSR has similar building styles in the Cabanas section which is what I would request. As chinese food lovers I think we would enjoy the food court too.:goodvibes

I loved all the different sections. Each one is distinctly different. We were in Ranchos. I loved it. It was like a desert. Tha landscaping along with the different building styles just made it looked like something off of a postcard. You felt that were at a tropical resort rather than at Disney world. The Dig site was nice, separate from the main lobby, convention center and resturants which I loved. Less traffic and people were only there to swim. The playground and volleyball courts and hot tub are all right there together and easy to let your kids play at different area and still be able to watch them and keep close tabs on them. The pool bar and food bar are right there. The resort is bigger, more areas for outdoors activities, more bike paths, bigger lake, more patios to sit on. Outdoor bar at night on the lake with entertainment. Just really relaxing and more areas to explore and walk around.

We are also just back from CORONADO Spring. We were there from 6/3 to 6/13! We did not have the problem with the buses! We did notice the crowds get heavier towards the end of our vacation. Every bus that we were on there was always left over seats. I am so glad we went when we did and did not have to see the really heavy crowds. I really liked that CSR has it own bus and does not share with other resorts.

This is all good to hear. I have decided that the deluxes are getting too expensive and I will try CSR next year. It sounds like a great place.

We returned from csr on June 6th. My favorite resort that I have stayed in has always been cbr. The only reason we stayed in csr this time was we couldn't get a standard room with our discount. My husband and I had stayed there once before. This time I was with my sister in law and she had only stayed in cbr. I will have to say that the bus service is much better than cbr. I guess because it doesn't have as many stops. I'm still not real fond of the food court but I will definately stay there again. We did take a trip over to cbr to eat and shop one day though. Also, those pillow top beds are great! We stripped the bed so we could get the information so we both can buy new ones ourselves. Course my husband said we just slept so well because we were wore out.

We were at CSR 5/26 - 5/31 and did not have any trouble getting on buses. We only had to stand once the whole time and it was in the a.m. going to Typhoon Lagoon. We used Bus Stop #4, the second to the last stop as #1 is the last stop when picking up. I imagine as the summer season gets in full swing, stop #1 is packed with people coming from breakfast. We eat in the room and skip El Centro in the mornings. We love CSR, this was our second stay and we will definitly be back.

Thank you for your report and for the bus stop tip. We will be only using the bus for MK and not the other parks since we are planning on renting a car.

Thanks again.

We absolutely loved CSR and will stay there from now on! We lucked up and got cabana 8B. Bus stop 3 was right outside our door. The huge main pool was a few steps away. I am so glad that my husband listened to Buzz.

Because Pepper Market was sort of a long walk, we only ate there 2-3 times. Unless you went to the lobby, you would never know that it was a convention resort.

My sister stayed at Boardwalk Inn during our trip. We all agreed that CSR was better than Boardwalk. Yeah, I know Boardwalk is a deluxe, but the transportation to and from the parks pretty much sucked! It was a much longer walk to meet the water taxi!

The rooms at CSR were immaculate, lots of towels, I could go on and on.

OHHHHH the biggest thing.......the Coronado Springs bus stop at all the parks was always either the first or second stall! We really loved that. It was almost as if we got dropped off/picked up at the turnstiles.

:love: We are in LOVE with CSR!:love:

Thanks for all the reviews - we are going in Sept, crowds should be smaller then, so probably no bus problems at Bus Stop #1, but if we notice it, good to know to head back to another stop.

CANNOT WAIT - I'm on here everyday learning and reading more tidbits for our trip!!!!

The family and I just returned from a CS stay from 6/12-16. The resort is really gorgeous! We requested and got a room in 9B which was equally close both to the main pool and the Pepper Market. We always chose to get our meals to go, I cannot imagine waiting to be served at a food court, it was just too slow. The food is amazing though, no food court in all of Disney has better food, of that I am sure! The servings to go were huge and very easy to get. Just ask the hostess for a to go card and it is easy as pie! Everything form the Mexican section was fantastic! My one beef would have to be that my girls did not have enough places to fill their souvenir mugs, If you were at the main pool after 7:00 pm (which we were often) the pool bar and food section were already closed and the main bar(by El Centro) was filled with conventioneers. Alot of men, so my girls would not stop there for drinks ever. I really did not like that the pool bar and restaurant there closed so early. We like to hang out by the pool after dark and relax, being able to fill their mugs there should have been easy! Overall, this is a beautiful resort, just not really as family oriented as I had hoped. Any questions?

I loved all the different sections. Each one is distinctly different. We were in Ranchos. I loved it. It was like a desert. Tha landscaping along with the different building styles just made it looked like something off of a postcard. You felt that were at a tropical resort rather than at Disney world. The Dig site was nice, separate from the main lobby, convention center and resturants which I loved. Less traffic and people were only there to swim. The playground and volleyball courts and hot tub are all right there together and easy to let your kids play at different area and still be able to watch them and keep close tabs on them. The pool bar and food bar are right there. The resort is bigger, more areas for outdoors activities, more bike paths, bigger lake, more patios to sit on. Outdoor bar at night on the lake with entertainment. Just really relaxing and more areas to explore and walk around.

Can you please tell us more about the outdoor nighttime entertainment?! We will be checking into CSR for the first time in just 4 days! :upsidedow

We leave Wednesday! I can't wait. You've all made it sound so wonderful. Since last year was our first trip to Disney as a family, this year we had to go back to have a more relaxing trip. Sounds like we chose the right resort!

I want to make sure I understand about the bus pick-up and drop-off route. When we stayed there in 2003, we were in one of the Cabanas and we used the main bus-stop in front of the resort. It was the last picked up to go to the parks (but we never had a problem getting on) but it was the first one dropped off on return. Did I read correctly that the main bus-stop is now the last stop both times? If so, this will affect where I ask for a room when we check in for our Sept trip this year. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter