Just back..can answer something we've been stressing about.

E

eeyoresmom

I booked a room at POP for myself and 3 of my daughters for free dining. At the last minute, my DS decided he wanted to come. I could not add him to the package in any way, so got a second room at POP with a room only reservation. Our card obviously stated 4 adults on the plan, but there were always 5 of us at dinner. The only place that even questioned it was The Turf Club, but only because the waiter didn't understand what i wanted him to do. Once he understood, he took my son's meal out of my remaining dining credits. Big warning... I would highly suggest you make some lunch reservations. A few of our dinners took over 2 hours ( Rose and Crown and Raglan Road.) Most took close to that. We were not able to do much in the evenings because of this. Just a warning and suggestion. Have fun everyone!

So, they let you use 5 TS per meal when your plan was for 4? (until they were gone, of course) I'm glad to see you were able to do it.

Wow your already back.Did you book during the bounceback program?
I'm now worried about the TS being crowded:scared1: We went last yr during the free dinning and thought It didn't take so long.We also mainly did buffets or family stlye(our kids were young)This yr were doing more TS that you order so will see how it goes.I'm glad you didn't have any problems.

Yes, i booked through bounce back. I thought the parks (and restaurants) were more crowded then this time last year, so Disney's plan is working.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Where did you eat? Tell us more:yay:

Where is the "drooling" happy face for those of us still waiting to go??:surfweb:

Where we ate:
Garden Grill, 'Ohana, Alfredo's, Turf club, Captain Jack's, Rose and Crown, Raglan Road and Sci-Fi. If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer.

thanks eeyoresmom, we are going to try Ragland Rd this trip and I am very curious. What did you order? How was it? We have a very late (for us) ADR so that we should catch some music. I have heard that it is rather loud. True? or not so much?

Are you a fan of the irish music or did you go for the food? or both?

Any help at all would be wonderful:goodvibes thanks again

Where we ate:
Garden Grill, 'Ohana, Alfredo's, Turf club, Captain Jack's, Rose and Crown, Raglan Road and Sci-Fi. If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer.

At Captain Jack's did anyone get the twin lobsters, if so how were they?
Going to CJ in Sept. and can't wait. Good thing about still waiting is that it ain't over yet. Hope you had a great trip and are starting to plan next years trip. Going Sept. 21-30, 9 night of eating, :hippie: :cool1:

Going to CJ in Sept. and can't wait. Good thing about still waiting is that it ain't over yet. Hope you had a great trip and are starting to plan next years trip. Going Sept. 21-30, 9 night of eating, :hippie: :cool1:

O one more thing, also going to Rose and Crown what is good
there to eat? ADR's for 7.30 hoping to see fireworks from the patio.:hippie: :cool1:

Raglan Road is VERY noisy. Have ben several times and have tried just about everything.Was very disappointed with the Shepherd's pie and found the fish and chips just "average". I think their desserts are all outstanding. The times I've seen the entertainment ( last trip thet did not begin until after 9pm) they were excellent. The band ( I'm not sure how many different acts they book) is kind of an Irish rock band. Not really sure it's rock, but definately modern. The Irish step dancer may truley be the most classically beautiful girl I have ever seen.princess: Now, Rose and Crown....I am an Anglophile. Absolutely love anything British.This is probably a large part of why I like R&C... I really don't think the food is that memorable, but that is just my opinion. Again the last 2 times I have eaten there, dinner took longer then 2 hours, so beware if time is an issue. Captain Jacks... almost every plate I saw was the twin lobster tails, they are most certainly allowed on the dining plan. We live in Massachusetts so have some great seafood restaurants. CJ's lobster tails are small, but very good.

Thank you for the good info. I'll be with my family at 8pm on Sun 9/2 at Ragland Rd. We will have had our fill of a park and even a nap if all goes as planned before we go to dinner. 2 years ago we had dinners at 5pm-ish as our youngest was just 2 and I didn't think she would hold up well at night.

Looking forward to some later hours this trip and even more fun than last time around. Glad to hear about your trip. And thanks again for the good info:goodvibes

Our card obviously stated 4 adults on the plan, but there were always 5 of us at dinner. The only place that even questioned it was The Turf Club, but only because the waiter didn't understand what i wanted him to do. Once he understood, he took my son's meal out of my remaining dining credits.

The servers who rang up more meals than the card indicated can be fired for this. Please don't ask your server to violate Disney Policy.

Also, please do not advocatie violating Disney policies on the DIS

I've read here that they can be fired for this, but let me tell you that during my April trip where we had 2 rooms with 6 people on the dining plan, most of the servers asked ME if they could take all the meals off of one card. I'm not advocating breaking policy, just reporting my experiences.

Yep, but I have to agree the food at the R&C is not that great, I was very dissapointed in it :( Not representative of good British food :(

Went to Captain Jack's on our last trip. DH ordered the twin lobster tails. I had chicken and the server told me I could add a lobster tail to my order on the dining plan. DH loved the third lobster tail!

I will be at WDW 9/21-9/30 as well, with ADR's at both Rose and Crown and Captain Jacks. I love R&C, the potato/leek soup is the best.
What resort are you staying at??

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!