Just back (Aug 18-30)! 1st time I've ever received an upgrade (and it was awesome!)

Stephen's Mom

<font color=green>Had a California Adventure<br><f
Just back from a 12 night vacation (me, DH and our 2 sons, 18 and 13). We stayed 6 nights at Saratoga Springs, 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal and 4 nights at the Polynesian. We had a 2 bedroom suite at Saratoga, one room at HRH (not doing that again) and were supposed to have a DVC Deluxe Studio at the Poly but we were late arriving and they had none left so we got upgraded to one of the over the water bungalows! It was awesome!!

We did all 4 parks plus Typhoon Lagoon, HEA Dessert Party on Tomorrowland Terrace, MNSSHP on the 29th, breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Poly and all 3 parks at Universal. We rented a car as well which we really liked having.

It was a great trip (barring a couple of meltdowns from one of the boys - DH actually...). We didn't try to ride everything but did all the ones we wanted with the exception of TT - didn't have park hoppers and the day we went it rained pretty much all day and it was never open long enough for us to get there to ride it - next time I guess!

Very cool. We stayed at the Poly DVC the week before Thanksgiving. My mom got very sick while we were there due to a reaction she had to a new medication. She ended up in the hospital for 10 days. We had to extend our stay by a week. We called DVC, and at first they told us they had no rooms available anywhere on property to allow us to extend our stay. We explained the situation and they let us stay in our same room. I always wondered if the people who should have gotten our room got an upgrade to the bungalows. Sounds like they do that sometimes. Good for you. I hope you enjoyed it.

Very cool. We stayed at the Poly DVC the week before Thanksgiving. My mom got very sick while we were there due to a reaction she had to a new medication. She ended up in the hospital for 10 days. We had to extend our stay by a week. We called DVC, and at first they told us they had no rooms available anywhere on property to allow us to extend our stay. We explained the situation and they let us stay in our same room. I always wondered if the people who should have gotten our room got an upgrade to the bungalows. Sounds like they do that sometimes. Good for you. I hope you enjoyed it.

Sorry your mom got sick - that must have made for a very stressful situation. Gee, I never thought about the possibility of us having gotten an upgrade because of someone else's misfortune! I thought it was just an error in overbooking on their end or something. We did have an unwanted visitor yesterday morning as we were getting ready to head to the airport - I turned the light on in the kitchen around 6 am just in time to see a big cockroach scurry off the counter:scared:. I'm from the prairies in Canada so we don't have bugs like that here! I'm glad I only saw it as we were getting ready to leave because I would have been very paranoid about what might be crawling on me in the middle of the night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter