1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Just back and had some awesome food!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by Amyhoff, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Amyhoff

Amyhoff Mouseketeer

I was really worried about our food expectations because of all the bad reviews I've seen on here, but I thought the food was amazing! We are a family of four, our two kids are 4 and 2 and are very good eaters. At QS, we always ordered two adult meals and split them between the four of us and had plenty of food.

Hollywood Studios - Dinner at farefax fair and thought the chicken and ribs were both yummy.

Animal Kingdom - Tusker House for breakfast was just okay for me because I'm not a huge breakfast person, but the food was prepared very well. Flame Tree BBQ was awesome as usual!

MK - We had lunch at Pecos Bill and I got the taco salad which was excellent! My husband got the burger and it looked amazing too! We also had a very yummy hotdog from Casey's. Colombia Harbor House was really good too. I got the fish, chicken nuggets and fries. Crystal Palace for dinner was good. Standard buffet and we left stuffed!!

Epcot - We did Akershus for lunch and thought it was so good. I got the mushroom stuffed ravioli and it was really, really good. I need to get that recipe! We also got QS from Morocco and thought it was very good, but our local Med Deli is quite a bit better. However, we all agreed that for theme park food, you can't beat the quality that we enjoyed!

Resorts - Boma was so good. I think this is a must do for us from now on. I really loved the mushroom soup, sweet potato/honey/cinnamon mash and also all of the desserts. O'Hana was amazing as usual. I'm not a huge meat person, so I don't really eat that part, but the sides are to die for. I could eat a hundred dumplings if it would fit!! Yum! 1900 Park Faire was a very good buffet. I enjoyed the sushi and salads a lot. My husband said it was his favorite buffet. Kona Cafe was our last day's breakfast spot. I got the Tonga Toast and my Mom got the Macadamia nut pancakes and we split them. I thought they were both good, but a little much for me for breakfast. I'm just not a huge breakfast person, but I could see why some people go crazy over these choices. I would probably want to try Kona for dinner next time around.

We had great food all week and I really can't complain AT ALL! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iMinnie

iMinnie LOVE FOR DISNEY

Yeah!!! :)
    We love all of these as well. Glad u enjoyed the food too!

4. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Glad you had good experiences! Thanks for posting!:thumbsup2:goodvibes:goodvibes

5. Dalamara

Dalamara Mouseketeer

Awesome!! I'm glad you had such great meals, makes me even more excited for my trip coming up in December :D

6. TSM

TSM Mouseketeer

We just returned on Fri and we too had excellent meals while we were there!!I was worried about a few that we had never tried because of reviews I had read but we were really happy about all of our meals! We ate at LeCellier, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, Akersus, Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom and Chef Mickey's.Our QS meals were all good too! We ate at Landcape of Flavors at AoA several times and loved the food there! Also Pizza Planet, Main Street Bakery and Flame Tree Barbeque were good!

7. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

Glad to hear it! We love Boma, and I agree with your observations on Ohana the sides are amazing!