Just a few hours in Key West, what to do?

It has been more than 10 years since I have been to Key West. Did anyone tour the cemetary? I was wondering how close that is to where the ship docked.

The cemetery is smack in the middle of Old Town, on Solares Hill. You can ride a bike there in very little time. It's about a 20 minute walk, give or take, from the Westin pier. 5 minute bike ride. About the same amount of time as it is to get to the Southernmost Point, so yeah, you have plenty of time to do a self-guided tour. Make sure to see the USS Maine memorial and the B. P. Roberts epitaph.

The cemetery is smack in the middle of Old Town, on Solares Hill. You can ride a bike there in very little time. It's about a 20 minute walk, give or take, from the Westin pier. 5 minute bike ride. About the same amount of time as it is to get to the Southernmost Point, so yeah, you have plenty of time to do a self-guided tour. Make sure to see the USS Maine memorial and the B. P. Roberts epitaph.

Thank you! We might just walk there. I didn't think about biking. I suppose there will be bike rental places close to the dock. It has been years since I rode a bike. Maybe I should brush up.

There are definitely bike places nearby. I prefer Pirate Scooter Rentals. http://piratescooterrentals.com/bicycles.htm They're about 10 minutes from the Westin pier. The extra bonus is that when you drop the bikes back off, The Green Parrot Bar is just across the street. One of the best bars in Key West and very popular with the locals.

As a side note, scooters are another possibility, but you can't ride the scooters inside the cemetery. You can ride bikes. Riding a bike around the streets of Key West is one of my favorite things in the world. You get to see parts of it that most tourists don't ever see.

Googled things to do in Key West, I found that you can book the trolley and conch train online and get a discount. Prces were $27.41 for adults and $24.57 for seniors. DCL is charging $35.00. I'm thinking that this might work better then being locked into DCL schedule. I also found that the Butterfly Conservatory is $12.00 for adults and $9.00 for seniors. It appears that it might be a short walk from the dock. I also looked and saw that we don't get into port until noon, so I'm guessing that it might not be worth going to the Fausto's for key lime. Should I try Blue Heaven instead?

Googled things to do in Key West, I found that you can book the trolley and conch train online and get a discount. Prces were $27.41 for adults and $24.57 for seniors. DCL is charging $35.00. I'm thinking that this might work better then being locked into DCL schedule. I also found that the Butterfly Conservatory is $12.00 for adults and $9.00 for seniors. It appears that it might be a short walk from the dock. I also looked and saw that we don't get into port until noon, so I'm guessing that it might not be worth going to the Fausto's for key lime. Should I try Blue Heaven instead?

Blue Heaven *will* have a wait for a table, especially after all boats are in port. Sometimes you can get a seat at the bar for pie and a drink, but you never know until you try. The Butterfly Conservatory is about a 20 minute walk from the Westin pier. Easily doable. Or you can hop off the trolley near it at stop #11 or #12.

Stop #4 is pretty close to Fausto's, but there's no guarantee they'll have pie in stock.

Heck, if you like weird/creepy stuff, jump off the trolley at #9 and go see Robert The Doll at the East Martello Tower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_(doll)
http://www.kwahs.org/visit/fort-east-martello/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter